Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had to doctor this morning, and for whatever reason not every one of my apps was saved. One of them was the Weather & Clock widget. The app was simple and worked well -- essentially it was a clear card with the time, date, and current weather conditions.

Problem is ... I can't find it anymore. I think it was in the App Catalog, and something makes me think I actually paid for it. Anyone know what happened to it?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I saw that one and tried it out today. I kind of liked the card view that Weather & Clock gave me. Can't imagine why it's no longer in the App Catalog.
    What was the application called? Any idea?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    What was the application called? Any idea?
    Weather & Clock Widget
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...--clock-widget

No longer available in the app store. Developer web page is a dead end Abe's Apps for webOS
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Saw it there, but it can't be found in the catalog itself.
    Abegee made that app. He mentioned it here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2598748

Haven't seen it sense. ? I know I'd like to have it on my phone too.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Abegee made that app. He mentioned it here:
    [URL]

Haven't seen it sense. ? I know I'd like to have it on my phone too.
    I HAD it, but now it doesn't appear to be available.
    If you purchase an app and it's pulled from the catalog and you want to restore it via palm profile....you can't. Certainly sucks.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    If you purchase an app and it's pulled from the catalog and you want to restore it via palm profile....you can't. Certainly sucks.
    according to PALM they keep a copy of the app even after its pulled from the catalog. however it seems that it isnt so, i contacted palm and haven't recieved an answer ( "YET" ).

The app will come bck to the app catalog as soon as I've finished working on my box.net client, should be soon.

Abe
  12.    #12  
    Why was it pulled?
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Why was it pulled?
    it had a minor bug, and I couldn't take care of it while I was working on my box.net client (its coming soon )
    I just got a Shocking answer from PALM, if a user resets/doctors his phone and wants to restore his app any app no longer in the catalog will NOT restore!!! The user loses their money and the app cannot be downloaded. This was not what I was told originally and I think this will be eploited by bad dev's.
  15.    #15  
    Funny ... I didn't notice a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I just got a Shocking answer from PALM, if a user resets/doctors his phone and wants to restore his app any app no longer in the catalog will NOT restore!!! The user loses their money and the app cannot be downloaded. This was not what I was told originally and I think this will be eploited by bad dev's.
    Correct. There is another thread around here with a guy who is having a similar issue. He paid for an app, doctored his phone some time later, tried re-downloading but found that the developer had pulled the app from the catalog only to replace it with a different name. He was screwed.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  17.    #17  
    Hmmm ... well that sucks.
    So abegee, *hint hint*

Is there anyway we could beta test this app?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    That DOES suck! I guess that's what happened to the Digloo app, as well.

Abe, for what it's worth, I loved the Weather & Clock widget (clear card), & would love to see it again. I too, just had to Dr. and it was lost.

Maybe you could do what BFGMaps did - put in a small ad that could be removed after a donation via email link.
    I hate seeing ads so I don't make others see ads, I made 2 free apps weatherIcon and bing wallpaper and I didn't put in any ads.

I will be resubmitting the weather and clock widget app soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast