Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would kill for MLB At-Bat and TiKL (touch to talk) apps to be ported onto webos. these are both killer apps for android
    When e-mailing debs be sure to make some key points to grab their attention.

- iOS ports are relatively easy using Palm's tools which are geared exactly for the purpose to port iOS apps.

- Angry Birds was ported in 4 days for the most part. The time involved to port is significantly shorter than porting to other platforms.

- The webOS user base is 2.5 + million customers.

- The app catalog is smaller which gives devs more exposure.

- webOS users buy apps
    Last edited by NickDG; 09/23/2010 at 12:12 AM.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I have a vote for a Sonos app. I'm ready to buy an IPAD/ITOUCH just so I can get that app for use at home.

Sonos for IPHONE
    Sonos - Controller for iPhone
    I've actually taken a look at making a Sonos app, but with the current version of webOS, it is not quite feasible. You probably won't see one at least until webOS 2.0 is released.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    When e-mailing debs be sure to make some key points to grab their attention.

- iOS ports are relatively easy using Palm's tools which are geared exactly for the purpose to port iOS apps.

- Angry Birds was ported in 4 days for the most part. The time involved to port is significantly shorter than porting to other platforms.

- webOS users buy apps

Good move, I will add this to the beginning as a suggestion.
  5.    #45  
    Winamp has been added to the list, as I have just seen that it is now being released on Android.

Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Lets get this o WebOS (yes I know there is currently no official API so it won't get in the app catalog, but hoping that will be coming along with WebOS 2)
  6.    #46  
    Lets use the community we have to our advantage! How we can all get the apps we need, together!

Spend 10 mins contacting companies using the links in the list. It will be updated regularly with newest at the top.

While the App Catalog fulfils most of my needs, it has come to my attention that there is a lack of certain apps available. These are ones that come from first party companies and cannot come from independent developers. They either work with an existing service or device. The problem is awareness of Palm WebOS.

Instead of 10 of us contacting a company requesting an app for each app we want, we ALL contact ALL of the companies in question, even if we don't actually want the app, to help each other out and make it seem WebOS is more popular. We have a community, lets show that and make use of it.

If people post what they would like, with details of what is available already (on other devices) with contact details, I will edit this post and put the newest requests a the top and everyone can email or post to contact the companies.

When e-mailing be sure to make some key points to grab their attention.

- webOS users buy apps

With each one I have left the relevant email address or a link to a web contact form to make it easier.

Orb
    Media streaming and serving
    support@orb.com

WeatherEye
    theweathernetwork.com
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/con...ge_contactinfo

QNAP
    Network Attached Storage, apps on Android and iOS for listening to music, video and photos stored on the NAS.
    http://www.qnap.com/SalesInquiry.aspx

SCVNGR
    iPhone and Android location based game.
    http://getsatisfaction.com/scvngr/to...one_or_android
    support@scvngr.com

Winamp
    Fantastic music player on Windows, now coming to Android. Winamp.com
    http://feedback.aol.com/product/winamp

TimeOut
    What to do and where to go magazine and website.
    http://www.timeout.com/contact/?action=tech_form

MegaJump
    @getsetgames bring MEGAJUMP over to #webos! Some games have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #megajump4webos

Newtoy - Words for Friends
    http://newtoy.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new
    Twitter: @newtoy bring your awesome app over to #webos! Some apps have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #wordsforfriends4webos

ScoreMobile
    http://www2.thescore.com/scoremobile/contact.aspx

Taste
    App for a discount card that gives you 50% off dining at restaurants in London and New York. Currently on iPhone, app finds restaurants that take the card.
    Contact form: http://www.tastecard.co.uk/contact.php
    Twitter: @tastecard bring your awesome app over to #webos! Some apps have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #tastecard4webos

Synology
    Network Attached Storage maker, has apps on Android and iOS for listening to music, video and photos stored on the NAS in you home, anywhere in the world.
    Synology NAS - NEW NAS Experience
    Contact details: Synology Inc. - NEW NAS Experience - Company :: Contact Us
    Forum thread in support of a webOS app: http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27205

SONOS
    Sonos - Controller for iPhone
    euoffice@sonos.com
    support@sonos.com

MLB.com for iPhone and iPod touch | MLB.com: Mobile
    Twitter: @mlb bring MLB At Bat 2010 over to #webos for the postseason! Some apps have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #mlb4webos

Mint
    Personal finance site with great iOS app
    Free Personal Finance Software, Budget Software, Online Money Management and Budget Planner | Mint.com
    Mint.com > Get Help
    http://satisfaction.mint.com/mint/to...from_gsfn=true
    Link to forum showing interest in a WebOS version
    Twitter: @apatzer bring @mint over to #webos! Some apps have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #mint4webos Make it happen!

www.openfeint.om
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/OpenFeint/111815190618
    Twitter: @OpenFeint bring your awesome games over to #webos! Some games have been able to be ported over in as little as two days! #openfeint4webos

Transport for London
    All timetables, journey planner and help for buses, trains and tube in London
    iOS app, even tells you which carriage will be nearest the exit at your destination station on the tube.
    enquire@tfl.gov.uk

thetrainline.com
    Has all of the national rail timetables and booking
    There is an iOS app and a mobile site Train times on your iPhone | thetrainline.com
    Contact Us

Natwest
    UK Bank, has an app for iOS also has a simpler app for phones such as Nokia, Blackberry, Sony Ericsson, LG, Motorola etc but no Palm.
    NatWest - Get in touch

XFM
    Popular UK radio station. Has apps for almost every other platform (Blackberry, Android, iOS, Symbian) There is an M3U mp3 stream available also.
    Xfm | Home
    online@xfm.co.uk

Sky or BSKYB is the satellite TV provider in the UK. They have a few mobile services that do different things.
    help@skycustomersupport.com
    Contact us - general issues

Sky News
    News channel, has iOS app and are attempting an android app.
    Sky News, First for Breaking News, Latest News and Video News from the UK and around the World

Sky Sports News
    Has an iOS app
    Sky Sports | Sport News
    Sky Sports News for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Sky Mobile TV
    iOS app
    Live broadcast TV from UK satellite
    Sky Mobile TV for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Also available on certain networks for other OS, but not on o2, which is what the Pre and Pixi are on in the UK. Annoyingly, iPhone is on o2 also, but that has it's on app, rather than a web portal.

A lesser Sky Mobile app, which is more generic and has lots of bits of functions from the other apps is available on a whole host of handsets, even a Treo! But alas, no Pre or Pixi

Sky+ and Remote record
    7 day listings and set a recording for your PVR to record
    Sky.com - My Sky>Article
    Sky.com - My Sky>Remote Record>How to Record Remotely
    Last edited by sleepflower; 10/25/2010 at 04:50 PM.
    How about prodding the SCVNGR team to build a webOS app?

How do I play from other devices? (I don't have an iPhone or Android.)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I want to see Orb for webOS, they already have a good iphone app they can port
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    I want to see Orb for webOS, they already have a good iphone app they can port
    Is that the same as SkyOrb? if so then it's here.

I replied to all the front page links.

Would you please include WeatherEye (theweathernetwork.com) in the list?
    I have a thread I started HERE Thanks!!

Deborah Walsh from tastecard says approx a couple of months away.
    Generic email back from WinAmp.
    Thanks for the feedback from Synology
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/25/2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added some (paraphrased)responses from some companies
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #50  
    I have now updated the list to include Orb, weathereye, qnap and SCVNGR. Thankyou Sledge007 for going through the list, the post on this page has been updated to fix the fact that links were missing. Hopefully some of the companies will get back to you, Synology tend to get back to me a couple of days after the automated reply with a proper one. We need to get more people going through the list and hammering those links and email addresses!
    I sent this to fonolo:
    to"info@fonolo.com" <info@fonolo.com>

dateMon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    subjectWebOS
    mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Oct 25 (2 days ago)

Would be great if you could port over your existing app to webOS.
    There are over 2.5 million users that might be interested in what you have to offer. Sending from Calgary, Alberta. Thanks for more than a generic email response and a 'we'll consider it(to your face but secretly we'll bury it while you're not looking)...' sorry for sounding cynical, just want to be treated fairly.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre

Reply Forward

Reply |Jason Bigue to me
    show details Oct 26 (1 day ago)

Hi Derek,

I’d like to say we’ll do it, but the truth of the matter is that we are swamped right now. Our main focus with Fonolo is selling the service to businesses as a way to lower call center costs while improving the customer experience, and that has us fully occupied.

The consumer service is something we like to offer for free, however as it’s not revenue generating, it’s hard to keep up with the things we’d like to do. (We’re a small group of guys here.)

If you’re interested, we have an API that’s easy to work with- you could actually write your own webOS app. (A group of developers has done this for Android.) I can give you some additional info.

Cheers,

Jason

I'm not capable of using that information, as I'm not a developer/programmer by any means but if someone out there is in the know, maybe we could get this app from a thought to a reality.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123