Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Newness Developments always wants to bring to webOS market a seamless experience with apps that makes your life better.

In our search of empowering your webOS experience, we are glad to announce the webOS Tapatalk client: Tap@Talk.

Tap@Talk will enable you to navigate through your favourite Tapatalk compatible forums with a native webOS user interface experience. everything in Tap@Talk is thought to provide an easy an efficient way of forum's navigation, supporting the most common forum tasks (navigation, posting, creating topics, editing topics, managing private messages) easily.

Tap@Talk supports BBCodes, and also HTML content.

You can expect all the current Tapatalk app features to be added with free updates, althought the first release will only enable you to do your basic forum functionality.

Stay tuned, will release the first version of Tap@Talk on September, 24.

More info (not really, just a screen capture)

EDIT:

Added three screen captures:

1) Forum view:
    Top Bar: Forum Options button allows you to show posts, announcements, stickies.

Also, the bar shows different icons base on the forum status (i.e. new announcements, new stickies...) it also notifies if the forum has stickies or announcements that you've read, and if you're subscribed to the forum. If the forum has sub-forums, you'll be able to show/hide them from here too.

The list shows you the forum's posts, gray colored the posts you've read, blue with title bolded if it's a new post or have new answers.

At the bottom, the "New Thread" button, and also some buttons more (not displayed)... Global Unread Topics, Participated Topics, Last Topics, and so on.

In the Thread View you can get a taste of how you're going to see your threads.

You'll be able to do things with the upper bar, too.

...and some other magic, that I can't tell at the moment (well, I would, but I don't want to do it)

If you have questions, please tell me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deCorvett; 10/03/2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added Screen Captures
    Interesting....can't wait to try it out. Is this compatible with vBulletin?

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Absolutely. It's compatible with vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SimpleMachines.
    Very good! Do remind us all when it hit the catalog. Can you tease us with a few screen dumps?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/13/2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Awesome!
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Wow! This is great. I just asked about this a few days ago!

http://m.forums.precentral.net/gener...bos-2-0-a.html

Excited! Does it integrate w/ vBulletin automatically, or does the vBulletin user have to have an addon?

screen shots? Testers? Finally. A vBulletin solution on webOS..
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Newness Developments always wants to bring to webOS market a seamless experience with apps that makes your life better.

In our search of empowering your webOS experience, we are glad to announce the webOS Tapatalk client: Tap@Talk.

Tap@Talk will enable you to navigate through your favourite Tapatalk compatible forums with a native webOS user interface experience. everything in Tap@Talk is thought to provide an easy an efficient way of forum's navigation, supporting the most common forum tasks (navigation, posting, creating topics, editing topics, managing private messages) easily.

Tap@Talk supports BBCodes, and also HTML content.

You can expect all the current Tapatalk app features to be added with free updates, althought the first release will only enable you to do your basic forum functionality.

Stay tuned, will release the first version of Tap@Talk on September, 24.

More info (not really, just a screen capture)
    Thank you!
    Awesome! Looking fwd to this app..
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Yes would love to have this app
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Wow! This is great. I just asked about this a few days ago!

http://m.forums.precentral.net/gener...bos-2-0-a.html

Excited! Does it integrate w/ vBulletin automatically, or does the vBulletin user have to have an addon?

screen shots? Testers? Finally. A vBulletin solution on webOS..
    Tap@Talk uses the Tapatalk technology. This means that every webOS user will be able to use a webOS friendly version of the large amount of known Tapatalk compatible forums (at this moment, 6794).

It needs some work in the server side, but easily doable.

Probably I'll be able to publish some screenshots in the next few days.
    Last edited by deCorvett; 10/03/2010 at 12:43 PM.
  11.    #11  
    take a view to my first post, for more details and three screen captures...
    Will you be releasing to the App Catalog? Beta Feed?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    How difficult is it for the 'forum', like vBulletin for example, to add the addon feature to allow Tapatalk to work? (another example: PRECENTRAL).

Does is cost the forum owner anything?

EDIT: Just went to Tap@talk website and saw it's a free download. Now, who's gunna ask our beloved PreCentral head honcho Big 'D' to activate this plugin??! He's got to have some time on his hands on Sunday @ least. There's nothing to see on the next Vikings game. (oh yeh, I said it)
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 09/14/2010 at 01:52 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Will you be releasing to the App Catalog? Beta Feed?
    The app will be released in the App Catalog, with the same price policy as the official Tapatalk app:

Read Only version: free
    Full version: 2.99

Remember that it's an initial version... I have some tons of new features in the pipeline as free updates (some of them only possible on the webOS platform).
    Clearly I missed the part where P|C has to do something on their end to make this work. Has it been done on other Smartphone Experts forums? If not we are likely out of luck.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/14/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Clearly I missed the part where P|C has to do something on their end to make this work. Has it been don on other Smartphone Experts forums? If not we are likely out of luck.
    Edited: I'm jumpin a gun!
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 09/14/2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Yes. Android Central has it activated.

[url= - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF[/url]

hmmmm.... I confused tap@ w/ tapa.
    I think maybe the Tapatalk API was used?

I'm totally confused now.
  20.    #20  
    Tap@Talk is a independent development, totally aside from Tapatalk, and that's the reason because I can't use the exact name...

Maybe the following screen capture will make clear that Tap@Talk works with every forum that works with tapatalk...
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast