Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks for those answers...

Here's my list:

1. Back-swipe gesture not incorporated fullly. Constant problem (and my #1 issue) with viewing a thread, then swiping back to go to the previous screen. If I am on "Recent Posts" (for example) and click a thread to read - you should be able to swipe back to go back to the "Recent Posts" screen you were on. What actually happens is it takes you back to a blank screen that says "Recent Posts" at the top left, and says "undefined" on the top right. (I take it this is a problem with Refreshing?) (....which brings us to #2)
    2. To move around between screens/threads you are forced to back-swipe to an error (blank) screen, tap on a one of the middle 2 icons in the bar (either Subscribed Topics, or Thread View) at the bottom of the screen and start over.
    3. I also would like to see the color scheme changed to reflect the actual forums. Don't gray out the text while keeping quoted text in a white box - swap those around. Only use a gray background when quoting text and leave regular text on a white background. MUCH easier to read (and everyone is used quoted text displayed like that - this post is an example with your quoted text in a gray box above).
    4. Access to a thread/post's URL so we can post that navigation link for members. If we wish to refer a poster to a specific thread or post for an answer, it would be great if we could have access to that page URL. (As Malpha also suggested)
    5. Some sort of pop-up (hidden) menu bar would be awesome for navigation shortcuts. If we are in a child (sub) thread, instead of backing out of that thread through a couple of pages - it would be fantastic if we could simply pull up a menu with the main list of forums and sub-forums).
    6. Any way of adding a "Thanks" button to this to thank good posts?
    7. Not one for regular members, but would there be any way of adding thread Moderation abilities to this app in a future build for Mods to be able to edit/move/delete/warn/etc... posts?

Great app that I look forward to seeing grow and smooth out! My main hope is to get #1 and #2 working to make the rest of the app work smoothly.

Thanks for the Beta - if you are looking to have anything specific checked/tested, let us know!

BTW... yes, you might want to add the extra "g" to the word 'loging' when logging into the system.
    Recent posts/forums scene is buggy at this moment. It's supposed to work the same as the forum tree or subscribed scenes.

We're going to make some changes in UI, and you can see that isn't finished. Just isn't top priority right now.

Moderation is starting to be supported by tapatalk, so you can expect moderation support in the future (at this moment, a moderator can edit posts).

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Oh... One more thing...

Maybe combine a read only precentral vers with a reskinned vers of this app
    Check out PreCentral (Unofficial): http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=3918

You can make a login vers too.. Just a thought

I prefer to get this to work, and release it to the general public.

3.    #143  
    is it just me or the Private message feature doesnt work?
    Isn't included in the version you're testing...

anything about the ignore function?
    I've been looking for this!

Any way to still get into the beta?
  6.    #146  
    Sorry, not at the moment

7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceebz View Post
    I've been looking for this!

Any way to still get into the beta?
    Just wait... Opening public beta soon

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Is there any quick way to jump to the bottom of a page (i.e. to see the newest posts) other than scrolling the whole length of the conversation page?

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Just wait... Opening public beta soon

Hurry!!! I want this sooooo bad...

Thank you for taking interest in such a small platform.
    Page jumping doesn't work for me...

Also when either creating a shortcut to a forum via add launcher.. Or just logging in through the regular app.. Is it possible to have the app keep a cookie and just stay logged in.. And let the cookie get erased on logout? (ie swipe back)

12.    #152  
    Also when either creating a shortcut to a forum via add launcher.. Or just logging in through the regular app.. Is it possible to have the app keep a cookie and just stay logged in.. And let the cookie get erased on logout? (ie swipe back)

Probably yes, but load times will not improve too much, because the delay is caused by retrieving the forum structure.

13.    #153  
    Page jumping doesn't work for me...

I know, but works for me, and that means it will work for you...

14.    #154  
    No, sorry. Tapatalk plugin doesn't retrieve so many info, just returns topics viewable by you.

15.    #155  
    Next update (don't ask when, just believe) features:

- New and improved BBcode parser: no errors, no wrong display.

- UI changes and fixes
    - Page jump working
    - Recent Posts fixed

Next update (don't ask when, just believe) features:

- New and improved BBcode parser: no errors, no wrong display.

- UI changes and fixes
    - Page jump working
    - Recent Posts fixed

Wo0t!

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Bring it on
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Hurry!!! I want this sooooo bad...

Thank you for taking interest in such a small platform.
    The smaller but the better... HP seems to come from HoPe

19.    #159  
    I think everyone will love the next update... It's faster, cleaner, and more efficient.

I think that (small bugs and some changes I need to wait for Tapatalk people aside) you'll find the nearest production version of the app.

Guys, I need some feedback: which bbcodes are the most used out there? I have a very simple implementation right now (just links, basic formatting, images and so on) but I think we need some extra work with this.

I think everyone will love the next update... It's faster, cleaner, and more efficient.

I think that (small bugs and some changes I need to wait for Tapatalk people aside) you'll find the nearest production version of the app.

Guys, I need some feedback: which bbcodes are the most used out there? I have a very simple implementation right now (just links, basic formatting, images and so on) but I think we need some extra work with this.

I think you got the most used..
    What you can do for the others is make a general tag button (what will happen is ) you'll have a button and when pressed a pop up would come up and you can enter just the code tag, so say you wanted and image you type IMG, and press ok , the app than generates the full tag as [IMG]|[/ IMG] (note the line in between, that's where the cursor would end up after pressing ok).and you can enter the text you want in between and continue on.

If you want to go one step further , after user presses ok, another popup can come up asking for additional details, say for the size tag so you can input the number or for the color tag for the color... Etc....

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast