Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Sounds like a decent idea.

Any chance I can get in on the beta though? I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will only have my phone for internet browsing for 2 weeks. It'd be handy to have this to keep up with the goings on in the forums here for the next fortnight! I've sent you an email but didn't get a reply yet...
  2.    #122  
    Let me check the email (I haven't done it today)...

I want also notice that we are not accepting more people to closed beta distribution). From now, everyone who wants to test it will have to wait until public beta is released.
  3.    #123  
    Submitting the update...

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

is it just me or the Private message feature doesnt work?
    is it just me, or are the preware feeds not working?
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it just me, or are the preware feeds not working?
    The Preware feeds are not working for me either. I have to click on the link that was originally sent to us by the developer in order to update.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have got this to work on several forums, however, when trying to log into the kubuntu forrums, I get an error stating Unknown Method: logon. Not sure you whether this is a problem with the app, or the dorum. I can log into the PC forums with no problems.

On another note, great app, I have been enjoying browsing the PC forums.
    so far no problems on here or android central... i tried logging into howard forums but it wont let me
    i get connection error status 500
    o... nothing major... but if you start a new thread for the title it shows
    at the Top
    "New Thread"
    "New Reply Title " <--- Can that be changed to "New Thread Title"
    Reply Body...

( i wasnt really sure if i hit the new thread button or a reply to a post)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    The Preware feeds are not working for me either. I have to click on the link that was originally sent to us by the developer in order to update.
    thanks.

are they still accepting beta users for this app? I can't wait to try it!
    this is interesting as I govern 4-5 forums
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Bug Report:

If I'm viewing Recent Posts and I tap one to read the thread...when I swipe back (gesture area) to return to Recent Posts I get a blank screen with Recent Posts at the top. If I swipe down on the screen "no unread topics" shows up.

To see Recent Posts again I have to click Subscribed Posts and then hit the Recent Posts button.

Perhaps this has something to do with the cookies v/s database thing you mentioned earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    No. The recent posts scene needs some rewriting, and this is one of the reasons.

is this fix coming in the next update??
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are they still accepting beta users for this app?
    Nope
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    When I view post with the subscribed threads button it shows me a preview of the last post .. Can this be a global setting?

2 small gripes...

1) When viewing a topic with someone who is on your ignore list, theres no indication of the post at all. (while this may be a plus in some scenarios) is it possible to have the posters name show with a message saying that post is ignored click here to view post??

2) The ability to view attachments and/or Post attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    1) Frankly, not planned at all. But that's a good idea... for a later release.
    2) Supported by the app, unsupported by Tapatalk because of a bug in the current release of the plugin (we are all in beta). Try to subscribe a forum in the desktop forum, and tell me...
    3) I can't understand what your'e meaning exactly
    4) It's the webOS messaging app aesthetics, but nothing impossible to change...
    5) It's on the roadmap... at least a few icons.
    6) Probably... Thanks! It's the problem of being spanish.
    7) Yeah, I know. It happens due to the forum settings.
    8) The idea was to put a scrim here, but not sure what to do with this. iPhone and Android versions doesn't refresh without user interaction.
    9) Let me think about this.

About the link option, I think is better an option like gesture+tap, but I need to study how to do this.
    Thanks for those answers...

Here's my list:

1. Back-swipe gesture not incorporated fullly. Constant problem (and my #1 issue) with viewing a thread, then swiping back to go to the previous screen. If I am on "Recent Posts" (for example) and click a thread to read - you should be able to swipe back to go back to the "Recent Posts" screen you were on. What actually happens is it takes you back to a blank screen that says "Recent Posts" at the top left, and says "undefined" on the top right. (I take it this is a problem with Refreshing?) (....which brings us to #2)
    2. To move around between screens/threads you are forced to back-swipe to an error (blank) screen, tap on a one of the middle 2 icons in the bar (either Subscribed Topics, or Thread View) at the bottom of the screen and start over.
    3. I also would like to see the color scheme changed to reflect the actual forums. Don't gray out the text while keeping quoted text in a white box - swap those around. Only use a gray background when quoting text and leave regular text on a white background. MUCH easier to read (and everyone is used quoted text displayed like that - this post is an example with your quoted text in a gray box above).
    4. Access to a thread/post's URL so we can post that navigation link for members. If we wish to refer a poster to a specific thread or post for an answer, it would be great if we could have access to that page URL. (As Malpha also suggested)
    5. Some sort of pop-up (hidden) menu bar would be awesome for navigation shortcuts. If we are in a child (sub) thread, instead of backing out of that thread through a couple of pages - it would be fantastic if we could simply pull up a menu with the main list of forums and sub-forums).
    6. Any way of adding a "Thanks" button to this to thank good posts?
    7. Not one for regular members, but would there be any way of adding thread Moderation abilities to this app in a future build for Mods to be able to edit/move/delete/warn/etc... posts?

Great app that I look forward to seeing grow and smooth out! My main hope is to get #1 and #2 working to make the rest of the app work smoothly.

Thanks for the Beta - if you are looking to have anything specific checked/tested, let us know!

BTW... yes, you might want to add the extra "g" to the word 'loging' when logging into the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks for those answers...

Here's my list:

1. Back-swipe gesture not incorporated fullly. Constant problem (and my #1 issue) with viewing a thread, then swiping back to go to the previous screen. If I am on "Recent Posts" (for example) and click a thread to read - you should be able to swipe back to go back to the "Recent Posts" screen you were on. What actually happens is it takes you back to a blank screen that says "Recent Posts" at the top left, and says "undefined" on the top right. (I take it this is a problem with Refreshing?) (....which brings us to #2)
    2. To move around between screens/threads you are forced to back-swipe to an error (blank) screen, tap on a one of the middle 2 icons in the bar (either Subscribed Topics, or Thread View) at the bottom of the screen and start over.
    3. I also would like to see the color scheme changed to reflect the actual forums. Don't gray out the text while keeping quoted text in a white box - swap those around. Only use a gray background when quoting text and leave regular text on a white background. MUCH easier to read (and everyone is used quoted text displayed like that - this post is an example with your quoted text in a gray box above).
    4. Access to a thread/post's URL so we can post that navigation link for members. If we wish to refer a poster to a specific thread or post for an answer, it would be great if we could have access to that page URL. (As Malpha also suggested)
    5. Some sort of pop-up (hidden) menu bar would be awesome for navigation shortcuts. If we are in a child (sub) thread, instead of backing out of that thread through a couple of pages - it would be fantastic if we could simply pull up a menu with the main list of forums and sub-forums).
    6. Any way of adding a "Thanks" button to this to thank good posts?
    7. Not one for regular members, but would there be any way of adding thread Moderation abilities to this app in a future build for Mods to be able to edit/move/delete/warn/etc... posts?

Great app that I look forward to seeing grow and smooth out! My main hope is to get #1 and #2 working to make the rest of the app work smoothly.

Thanks for the Beta - if you are looking to have anything specific checked/tested, let us know!

BTW... yes, you might want to add the extra "g" to the word 'loging' when logging into the system.

1) Known Issue

2) Hopefully a Refresh Button could be added

3) Its an app not specific to PreCentral so Unlikely use P|C color schemes but a change of color would be nice

4) Well you know that one

5) Agreed

6)
    Tapatalk can't manage thank buttons at the moment, and about bbcode, we plan to add some kind of graphical edit in the future, but not at the first release.
    7) As you know I have No clue
    Thanks Sketch.. I know that some of these are already known or non-specific issues... but the more people comment on an issue the more attention it will get (missed his feedback on the 'thanks' topic -thx)
    Thanks Sketch.. I know that some of these are already known or non-specific issues... but the more people comment on an issue the more attention it will get
    AGREED!!

just didnt want the dev to get frustrated at repeated questions... i know it can get frustrating.

(missed his feedback on the 'thanks' topic -thx)
    was in an email
    Oh... One more thing...

Maybe combine a read only precentral vers with a reskinned vers of this app
    Check out PreCentral (Unofficial): http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=3918

You can make a login vers too.. Just a thought

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast