Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Relax man you might get yourself a heart attack. You can do whatever you want, but since the developer already mentioned its a developer's choice so I most likely you are going to have to live with it.
    Instead of having a heart attack over something so minor, I'll just make a patch for the application to remove it. Or the developer will make it a preference option in the application.

Either way is fine with me.
  2.    #102  
    most likely you are going to have to live with it.
    I didn't said that. But we haven't decided yet what customization options will be available at launch.

Anyways, a little word spreading of Tap@Talk doesn't hurts.
    I have no issue with the signature line. The app is FREE for us, so what's it hurt to help the dev spread the word?

Anyhow.. I'm sure we can talk about more important subjects - like giving feedback on any bugs/quirks and wish lists for actual features.
    After 1.0.1 upgrade I'm now getting random "error getting forum data" errors while browsing....<<edit>> or it was...seems fine now.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/23/2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Anyhow.. I'm sure we can talk about more important subjects - like giving feedback on any bugs/quirks and wish lists for actual features.
    Shrug. One of Rod Whitby's biggest complaints with Twitter in general is the tag generated by the client used to create a Twitter post.

I consider Rod a pretty respected member of the community, and I view these as similar comments/suggestions.

If you can think of a better place for me to post my comment/suggestion/criticism about this app, feel free to link me there. But belittling what I think because you don't think it's "important enough" is offensive. I'm not forcing the developer to do anything, and the only reason I'm still responding on the subject at all is because some posters apparently have a problem with me voicing my opinion, which in turn leads me to have to defend my opinions.

In a forum like this, it's very disappointing, especially after being involved with Mode Switcher, whose developer is constantly bombarded with complaints and feature requests.
    @tobias... not 'belittling' anyone... was just trying to politely get everyone to move on and not let that item become an argument. If you have questions/comments about that, please discuss via PM. Thanks
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    After 1.0.1 upgrade I'm now getting random "error getting forum data" errors while browsing....<<edit>> or it was...seems fine now.
    Did you update it? How? where? I can't find the updated version
    Did you update it? How? where? I can't find the updated version
    If you hit the 'Updates' app, it should pick it up through there.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    If you hit the 'Updates' app, it should pick it up through there.
    For some reason I can't access it
    Try turning on you beta-feed in Preware and see if you can update through there....
    With the utmost respect to Rod, his opinion on Twitter tags was worthless to me. I disagreed and I said as much on Twitter. He doesn't like it on the timeline, big <<deleted by Mod>>deal, I do and I love that Bad Kitty puts it there (without it taking up a bunch of space as in Tweed). I don't put anyone on a pedestal, so while one may provide a valuable service to a community, your opinion is just that and not more (or less) worthy of note and compliance than anyone else's.

That said, having it as an option is harmless (or having it as a smaller font), but I have no problem doing a little advertising for the app.

Anyway, just a few thoughts from me:

1) Shortcuts would be awesome. I have a patch that lets the spacebar scroll down the page, shift + back goes to the top, etc. I think these would be great additions.
    2) The ability to "star" subforums so that they appear on a main screen.
    3) If the forum tree were clickable, thid would be awesome.
    4) The gray on gray...makes me a litte sad, tbh. It's really not pleasant to read.
    5) Shortcut to access and insert BBcodes!! Cause hitting the brackets on the Pre keyboard is a pain.
    6) You spelled "logging" wrong.
    7) Sometimes forums aren't blue, but they will still show new posts in their subforums.
    8) Coming back from a post, the app pauses to refresh, but there's no indicator that it's pausing to refresh (no spinning icon type deal), so it took a bit to realize it was refreshing and not lagging.
    9) Being able to grab the original link to a thread/comment in case we need to post it for someone would be great.

Great job on the link option, I was definitely having trouble opening them.

I'm definitely having fun with the app, thanks for opening the beta.

Edit: Also, if tapping new card would open you in the same forum? Maybe just a preference...

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    With the utmost respect to Rod, his opinion on Twitter tags was worthless to me. I disagreed and I said as much on Twitter. He doesn't like it on the timeline, big effing deal, I do and I love that Bad Kitty puts it there (without it taking up a bunch of space as in Tweed). I don't put anyone on a pedestal, so while one may provide a valuable service to a community, your opinion is just that and not more (or less) worthy of note and compliance than anyone else's.

That said, having it as an option is harmless (or having it as a smaller font), but I have no problem doing a little advertising for the app.

Anyway, just a few thoughts from me:

1) Shortcuts would be awesome. I have a patch that lets the spacebar scroll down the page, shift + back goes to the top, etc. I think these would be great additions.
    2) The ability to "star" subforums so that they appear on a main screen.
    3) If the forum tree were clickable, thid would be awesome.
    4) The gray on gray...makes me a litte sad, tbh. It's really not pleasant to read.
    5) Shortcut to access and insert BBcodes!! Cause hitting the brackets on the Pre keyboard is a pain.
    6) You spelled "logging" wrong.
    7) Sometimes forums aren't blue, but they will still show new posts in their subforums.
    8) Coming back from a post, the app pauses to refresh, but there's no indicator that it's pausing to refresh (no spinning icon type deal), so it took a bit to realize it was refreshing and not lagging.
    9) Being able to grab the original link to a thread/comment in case we need to post it for someone would be great.

Great job on the link option, I was definitely having trouble opening them.

I'm definitely having fun with the app, thanks for opening the beta.

Edit: Also, if tapping new card would open you in the same forum? Maybe just a preference...

1) Frankly, not planned at all. But that's a good idea... for a later release.
    2) Supported by the app, unsupported by Tapatalk because of a bug in the current release of the plugin (we are all in beta). Try to subscribe a forum in the desktop forum, and tell me...
    3) I can't understand what your'e meaning exactly
    4) It's the webOS messaging app aesthetics, but nothing impossible to change...
    5) It's on the roadmap... at least a few icons.
    6) Probably... Thanks! It's the problem of being spanish.
    7) Yeah, I know. It happens due to the forum settings.
    8) The idea was to put a scrim here, but not sure what to do with this. iPhone and Android versions doesn't refresh without user interaction.
    9) Let me think about this.

About the link option, I think is better an option like gesture+tap, but I need to study how to do this.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Try turning on you beta-feed in Preware and see if you can update through there....
    The update doesn't even show in Preware beta-feed. Maybe later it would show

Update: I click on the link the developer sent and I was able to download the updated version. Cool
    Last edited by ldudiaz; 09/23/2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Awesome, thanks. Not all of this is necessary right away, just throwing some ideas out there.

For 3, basically, sort of like how it is on the mobile website. The forum tree acts like a quick link to take you to any forum on the path pretty quickly.

Also, my apologes if that's the messenger app look. I actually have a theme on my phone that gives me red and blue background balloons in the sms app, so I forgot what it looked like originally!

Also, just downloaded the update and for links, now when I tap the link and click Open in browser, it doesn't actually open in the browser.

ETA: For the starring thing, I think that is a problem with Precentral. I can subscribe to a forum from the desktop, but if I check subscribed threads from the desktop, it will only show threads, not any actual forums. It actually seems impossible to see the forums you're subscribed to unless you click on that particular forum to see if it says "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe".

Last edited by malpha; 09/23/2010 at 04:44 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Woot! 24th Can't wait to see this come out soon
  16.    #116  
    Hi, fellow Tap@Talk testers...

Today you will receive another update.

This new update will bring to the Tap@Talk app the following features:

- Stickies and Announcements support
    - Fixed bug in post links management
    - Other minor bugfixes

This will be possibly the last update until October 4th. Meanwhile, I need you to test Tap@Talk on other sites, and tell me the problems you found on navigation.

Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Were you able to submit the update?
  18.    #118  
    Were you able to submit the update?
    No, sorry. I'll do it today.

Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So it doesn't look like this was released yesterday. Is it going to be released soon, or is the beta period being extended?
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    So it doesn't look like this was released yesterday. Is it going to be released soon, or is the beta period being extended?
    We've decided to extend beta period a bit, as we've been reported about problems with some special forum configurations. We want the app to make what it promises, and while we solve the issues, the app will stay as closed beta. It should cost much no more than a few days more, anyways.

In any case, to prevent further situations like this, we're going to make an open beta announcement, that will allow to use the app for free to everyone for a limited time before submitting the production version to the App Catalog.

I think is better to provide a fully backed version of the app before getting bad ratings in the Catalog, and angry customers...