Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post

How it works for all of you? It's fast?
    Is it fast? Well it's not slow but I wouldn't call it instantaneous either. For me it's not any slower or faster then the mobile forum...no complaints.

In long threads scrolling can become a chore. Anyway to break them up a bit or provide a way to get to the newest post?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Bug Report:

If I'm viewing Recent Posts and I tap one to read the thread...when I swipe back (gesture area) to return to Recent Posts I get a blank screen with Recent Posts at the top. If I swipe down on the screen "no unread topics" shows up.

To see Recent Posts again I have to click Subscribed Posts and then hit the Recent Posts button.

Perhaps this has something to do with the cookies v/s database thing you mentioned earlier?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Is it fast? Well it's not slow but I wouldn't call it instantaneous either. For me it's not any slower or faster then the mobile forum...no complaints.

In long threads scrolling can become a chore. Anyway to break them up a bit or provide a way to get to the newest post?
    I plan to add pagination for long threads, just want to check everything is ok before making the app grow.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

4.    #84  
    Bug Report:

If I'm viewing Recent Posts and I tap one to read the thread...when I swipe back (gesture area) to return to Recent Posts I get a blank screen with Recent Posts at the top. If I swipe down on the screen "no unread topics" shows up.

To see Recent Posts again I have to click Subscribed Posts and then hit the Recent Posts button.

Perhaps this has something to do with the cookies v/s database thing you mentioned earlier?
    No. The recent posts scene needs some rewriting, and this is one of the reasons.

As a side note, Dieter, if you switch read post tracking configuration on forums to be stored in database instead of cookies (recommended setting by Tapatalk staff), it will track read posts in real time, instead of by last session time.
    Will look into that.

Email me when you're ready for us to mentiom the beta in the blog!

This sounds awesome. Now you guys just need to figure out how to get rid of that annoying signature.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Will look into that.

Email me when you're ready for us to mentiom the beta in the blog!

Dieter, I'm going to submit a new beta of the app in the next two hours, featuring some bugfixes, and adding posts pagination... As soon as you pick that beta, you can do your magic.

8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    This sounds awesome. Now you guys just need to figure out how to get rid of that annoying signature.
    As it's a programmer choice, there is no need to figure out anything...

I guess that's what patches are for.
    Firstly, I love the fact that when browsing threads that they have an expanded type view with 4 lines of post text. That said any chance of an option in preferences to switch between that and a forum/title only view?

Great App!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Sigh...I sent an email to get this, but no reply... guess I have to wait for release?
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Sigh...I sent an email to get this, but no reply... guess I have to wait for release?
    I think everyone has been accepted until now... Please send me the email again.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of it?, that signature is the application's signature
  14.    #94  
    Firstly, I love the fact that when browsing threads that they have an expanded type view with 4 lines of post text. That said any chance of an option in preferences to switch between that and a forum/title only view?

Great App!
    That's not hard to do, but there are priorities... But I've put this in my to-do list.

I think everyone has been accepted until now... Please send me the email again.

Got the link and all set up! Thank you! Now I just need to play around and read up on the shortcuts... like how to jump to the newest post in a thread instead of scrolling all the way through. Very excited to use this!

As a side note, Dieter, if you switch read post tracking configuration on forums to be stored in database instead of cookies (recommended setting by Tapatalk staff), it will track read posts in real time, instead of by last session time.
    Hm. I suck at google today. Got a link for more information on this config?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of it?, that signature is the application's signature
    I don't want it showing up in every post I make from the application. Do you really have a problem with my personal preference?

I also changed the default e-mail signature to something other than "Sent from my Palm Pre on the Sprint Now Network". Does that bother you also?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hm. I suck at google today. Got a link for more information on this config?
    No, sorry, I'll search a bit.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Relax man you might get yourself a heart attack. You can do whatever you want, but since the developer already mentioned its a developer's choice so I most likely you are going to have to live with it.
  20.    #100  
    Tap@Talk Beta 1.0.1 has been submitted. You should be able to download it in the next few hours.

Changes:

• Threads are now paginated: swipe left or right to go back/forward.
    • Threads now are open at the last page (probably in future releases the app will be able to open a thread in the first unread post).
    • Partially solved the issue when opening forums.
    • New management of post content: now it ask to open content (links, urls, images, and so on).
    • Some other background changes.
    • Now the app handles subforums properly.
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast