Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829
    Every once in a while I keep getting a can't connect to server error for precentral.net I wonder if it is precentral having issues or tapatalk apis...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Hey deCorvett -- First of all, great updates.... I am really enjoying your app and it's progress.

I think you are familiar with the discussion about how particular forum topics are marked as "Read"... and that for a few days several weeks back, PreCentral moved to the "by-thread' (database) approach rather than the "mark all threads are read based on last browser session log-in - regardless of whether the thread was actually opened and read" approach.

As I've expressed before, losing my place in threads I subscribe to is a major pet peeve of mine and has greatly influenced my forum reading behavior (limiting me to times when I can read all of my threads and not just a few here and there)... For me, I will have the same restriction when using "Forums Beta" if I know I don't have a lot of time to "get to current" on all of the threads in my subscribe list.

I'm wondering if there's any fix to this other than continuing to petition P|C to consider the alternative approach (or stop subscribing to thread and just read more casually I guess!)

While I understand "different strokes for different folks," and why several people were thrown off by the change and complained loudly (see thread below), but I'm wondering what your perspective is? and if you have any recommendations on the matter? What % of big forums do it one way vs the other?

For reference -- the discussion on the matter:
    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...age-fixed.html
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey deCorvett -- First of all, great updates.... I am really enjoying your app and it's progress.

I think you are familiar with the discussion about how particular forum topics are marked as "Read"... and that for a few days several weeks back, PreCentral moved to the "by-thread' (database) approach rather than the "mark all threads are read based on last browser session log-in - regardless of whether the thread was actually opened and read" approach.

As I've expressed before, losing my place in threads I subscribe to is a major pet peeve of mine and has greatly influenced my forum reading behavior (limiting me to times when I can read all of my threads and not just a few here and there)... For me, I will have the same restriction when using "Forums Beta" if I know I don't have a lot of time to "get to current" on all of the threads in my subscribe list.

I'm wondering if there's any fix to this other than continuing to petition P|C to consider the alternative approach (or stop subscribing to thread and just read more casually I guess!)

While I understand "different strokes for different folks," and why several people were thrown off by the change and complained loudly (see thread below), but I'm wondering what your perspective is? and if you have any recommendations on the matter? What % of big forums do it one way vs the other?

For reference -- the discussion on the matter:
    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...age-fixed.html
    My thoughts? I only can talk about my preferences. I own a webOS forum in spanish (far, far lower traffic than here, I must say), and my setup is based on database.

All the issues with "the other side" can be solved with teemplate modifications, but I can't blame anybody about this: templates are usually a hell.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    My thoughts? I only can talk about my preferences. I own a webOS forum in spanish (far, far lower traffic than here, I must say), and my setup is based on database.

All the issues with "the other side" can be solved with teemplate modifications, but I can't blame anybody about this: templates are usually a hell.
    Thanks. I do understand the other viewpoints (and the complaints of those who found the change confusing and inconvenience relative to their own reading styles and preferences). As such, I've exchanged a couple of notes with Dieter on the topic... he did mention that they would spend some time investigating the solution to make everyone happy, but you know how that usually goes...

by the way, I think "the other side" is a much better approach to describing the alternative compared to my lame use of the English language:

"mark all threads read based on last browser session log-in - regardless of whether the thread was actually opened and read"
    Thanks again.
    A quick question: how can I change app photo icon after creating an app launcher for a specified forum?

6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    A quick question: how can I change app photo icon after creating an app launcher for a specified forum?

The launcher stuff needs work, because the forum icons in the gallery are in jpg format, and webOS doesn't allow jpg for launcher icons.

And that's it, waiting for updates, and maybe some instructions how to use it
  8.    #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    And that's it, waiting for updates, and maybe some instructions how to use it
    Just explore it a bit, it's easy. Search a forum, log in, and do things...

es gratuita la aplicación??
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829