Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    I think I've finally found the issue... hope in the next version will be solved.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I think I've finally found the issue... hope in the next version will be solved.
    Test

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What's the url you're trying to add?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    All Discussions - webOSroundup this is one...

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Forum this is another...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Test

Don't do tests... it's not going to work...

5.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Both are non-compatible and unsupported, sadly...

deCorvett i remember testing TapaTalk on android and they had a sort of serach filter of all the forums that are registered with them .. all you did was search for the forum and it would show up or not... is this in the works or not at all in your vers??
    Is there a list anywhere of supported forums?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Register button does work

forum.tipb.com

are any of the "proboards" forums supported?
    Register button does work

forum.tipb.com

Sorry meant does NOT work

11.    #452  
    Sorry meant does NOT work

I know, I know... It's supposed to be just a link, I must say...

12.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    are any of the "proboards" forums supported?
    As far as I know, no. PhpBB3, vBvBvB, $SMF$ $and$ $IPBoard$ $are$ $the$ $supported$ $forum$ $systems$.

Althought The plugin is opensourced, so anyone can change this, with the neccessary knowledge...

Did something change on the P|C forums in the last few days? I commented above about how great it was that I no longer felt obligated to read every last thread in my Subscriptions because (it seemed that) the 'marking as read' was updated to be done on a tread-by-thread basis and not based solely on the time of the last browser session.

This morning (and possibly yesterday too) I intentionally did not read a few threads... (using the Web site and not Forums App) to test this out again. Upon refresh, a couple of hours later - but in the same Chrome browser, even those unread threads were no longer bolded (marked as read) even though I did not actually open and read the thread.

Is anyone able to confirm this or clarify my expectations? I did notice a post from deCorvett a page or two back that mentioned that Dieter needed to update the Tap@Talk plug-in to the current version. Is this related?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Did something change on the P|C forums in the last few days? I commented above about how great it was that I no longer felt obligated to read every last thread in my Subscriptions because (it seemed that) the 'marking as read' was updated to be done on a tread-by-thread basis and not based solely on the time of the last browser session.

This morning (and possibly yesterday too) I intentionally did not read a few threads... (using the Web site and not Forums App) to test this out again. Upon refresh, a couple of hours later - but in the same Chrome browser, even those unread threads were no longer bolded (marked as read) even though I did not actually open and read the thread.

Is anyone able to confirm this or clarify my expectations? I did notice a post from deCorvett a page or two back that mentioned that Dieter needed to update the Tap@Talk plug-in to the current version. Is this related?
    Dieter changed how posts are marked back to the old way.. I'll get a link for you in a bit..

Plugin needs to be updated regardless for the support of special characters and possibly other things as well

This is pretty slick, thanks! Question about very large forums. I use automotiveforums.com pretty often (er, intermittently ), but there are a HUGE number of forums there. I was able to add it last night, but it hangs the app trying to load the forum list. Does the plugin support targeting select forums to load instead of all of them? I let it go and it was still sitting there this morning, presumably because it errored out and not still working.

I need to change my default view and see if it will load only subscribed threads.
    Dieter changed how posts are marked back to the old way.. I'll get a link for you in a bit..

Plugin needs to be updated regardless for the support of special characters and possibly other things as well

Found the thread. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I have a different opinion about this than those of you who started and contributed to that thread and convinced Dieter to change it back. Personally, I thought that change was the best change to the P|C forum in years. I really just want to see threads that have new posts since I last read a thread (and new posts in my subscribed threads). I think there's a way that will work well for all of us. Hopefully the P|C staff (along with maybe DeCorvett?) can figure out the best way to do this going forward.

I just posted my perspective over in that thread...

http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...ml#post2722377
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post

I just posted my perspective over in that thread...

http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...ml#post2722377
    and my reply is there...

im in the same boat
    Ok I believe I found a bug..

I was visiting my parents house and I don't usually get data service there.. Maybe very poor 1x service so I have a wifi router setup there..

So I am always connected via wifi.. However, if my phone goes in roaming , eventhough I'm still connected to wifi, I get the message Re-authenticating. I originally thought it's bc of the dynamic ip, but it only happens when the phone switches to roaming mode.

Any ideas?

19.    #460  
    Ok I believe I found a bug..

I was visiting my parents house and I don't usually get data service there.. Maybe very poor 1x service so I have a wifi router setup there..

So I am always connected via wifi.. However, if my phone goes in roaming , eventhough I'm still connected to wifi, I get the message Re-authenticating. I originally thought it's bc of the dynamic ip, but it only happens when the phone switches to roaming mode.

Any ideas?

That's because you're changing your public IP. The app detects every change in connectivity, and asks for the IP. If it changes, your session becomes invalid (forum's deccission), and the app restarts your session. This shouldn't happen when you're on wifi, but it seems that webOS always asks for radio network IP as preferred.

Anyways, you'll not see that message in the final version of the app, as this is supposed to be totally transparent (er... not really, probably the app will scrim or wait for new IP until it performs user actions (I don't have decided yet what will be the way it will work, but I think scrim will be a better solution).