Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    I am posting a screenshot of the no new message button using no name app. beta_2010-15-10_054355 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!I tried to send link in tap@talk it gave a message at bottom and just kept spimning.

54067464576073605634_2010-15-10_055019 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    54067464576073605634_2010-15-10_055047 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/15/2010 at 06:03 AM.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Testing a post without spread the word on.

Ok I got rid of the dropping e by turning off spread the word. Decorvette where is the forum pulling the signature from? Why would it not use the tap@talk or sent using no name signature?
    The "funky e" works on some forums, on others don't. I'll submit an update tady solving some issues, and one of them is replacing the "funky e" with an "standard e" (althought I love the "funky e")
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    The "funky e" works on some forums, on others don't. I'll submit an update tady solving some issues, and one of them is replacing the "funky e" with an "standard e" (althought I love the "funky e")
    If I knew where the app was pulling the signature from it would be easy I guess but the only places I have seen something similar is in email app.
  4.    #264  
    I am posting a screenshot of the no new message button using no name app.

I tried to send link in tap@talk it gave a message at bottom and just kept spimning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40404211@N02/5083622992

That's a known issue. The app loses the session after some connectivity events.

Keeping session alive is a really hard work in mobile apps, as every forum system out there attaches the IP to the session. When the phone changes from phone network to wifi (or inverse), loosing the wifi connection and reconnecting after little period, when changing phone network repeater, or switch between wifi AP... all this events causes IP changing, and because of that, the session becomes invalid.

The app should reauthenticate automatically, and it does it in most cases, but there is some refining work to do. But believe me, it's truly hard, because I have to test it on real device and in mobility, so no good debugging available.

5.    #265  
    If I knew where the app was pulling the signature from it would be easy I guess but the only places I have seen something similar is in email app.
    Don't worry, it's hardcoded, and it's going to be solved today.

6.    #266  
    Yes I am in recent post, that is the only view I use. I tried both tap@talk and no name and clicked on the ubercalendar thread and the sprint not getting pre2 thread opened both times.

I just realized you can swipe back and forth to changes pages. Cool! I was going to suggest a next page button but not needed now.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I need to check what's going on with the recent scene...

Will we be able to click on links in the app in the future? I was at home posting via wifi so I didn't change signal that I saw to cause the connectivity issue you mentioned. It only has the little message when I tried to post a hyperlinked image. Will there be a way to post or attach photos with app?
    I am posting a screenshot of the no new message button using no name app. beta_2010-15-10_054355 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!I tried to send link in tap@talk it gave a message at bottom and just kept spimning.

54067464576073605634_2010-15-10_055019 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I posted this orignally from no name beta and the hyperlinks work on PC but do you know why the first link got changed and the others ones didn't? When they were changed they no longer showed an active linke.
    Well, I suppose you can always make the url to images visible, so the images on the forum doesn't go out of scale in the app. As in, give users an option to upload images, but it will point to a url instead of showing the image in the app it will show it in the browser.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  10.    #270  
    I just want to say the more I use your app. The more I like the ease of doing things with it. Editing a post is way too easy now. I wonder what else I can find. Great job!!

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Thanks! I wanted the app to become an example of the possibilities of a good UI, and honestly I feel that the app has a far superior UI comparing to official Tapatalk apps. The UI has been thought to always follow a natural flow of user activities, and without some exceptions that will be solved in the future, I think the work has been done.

11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, I suppose you can always make the url to images visible, so the images on the forum doesn't go out of scale in the app. As in, give users an option to upload images, but it will point to a url instead of showing the image in the app it will show it in the browser.

Attachments and so on is coming, just not at this moment.

12.    #272  
    I posted this orignally from no name beta and the hyperlinks work on PC but do you know why the first link got changed and the others ones didn't? When they were changed they no longer showed an active linke.
    Not sure. I'll take a view to this kind of links, as there are other not working.

Thanks! I wanted the app to become an example of the possibilities of a good UI, and honestly I feel that the app has a far superior UI comparing to official Tapatalk apps. The UI has been thought to always follow a natural flow of user activities, and without some exceptions that will be solved in the future, I think the work has been done.
    I have never tried tapatalk, but this app has a great UI. I would be highly disappointed if you do decide to change it's look.

decorvett. I sent you a PM. Hopefully you can get to it. I know you're probably busy with other thanks right now.

15.    #275  
    Will we be able to click on links in the app in the future? I was at home posting via wifi so I didn't change signal that I saw to cause the connectivity issue you mentioned. It only has the little message when I tried to post a hyperlinked image. Will there be a way to post or attach photos with app?
    you're able, just is difficult because of the font size. it opens the menu and you will see "Open link in browser" as an option. The same with images, email addresses and other web stuff.

Any reason why the new message button isn't working in the no name app. I have restarted program and it won't become active.

It is active in tap@talk. I still have both installed to see if something that doesn't work in no name works in tap@talk.

Edit:Ok I swiped to a new page and it became active. It is strange that restarting the program wouldn't fix it though. That might be a bug for you to look into. I posted a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any reason why the new message button isn't working in the no name app. I have restarted program etc and it won't become active.

Are you logged in?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Not sure. I'll take a view to this kind of links, as there are other not working.
    I guess it takes a while for the links to become active. Now they are showing active in tap@talk and no name.

My vote on the name for your new program is No Name. Simple and effective but makes people want to see what no name is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Are you logged in?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Yes I was logged in. I didn't think in tap@talk or no name you could view the forums without being logged in. It was a bug as soon as I swiped to another page it became active. I had restarted the program and that wouldn't make it work.

How did you change your signature to something different?
  20.    #280  
    Yes I was logged in. I didn't think in tap@talk or no name you could view the forums without being logged in. It was a bug as soon as I swiped to another page it became active. I had restarted the program and that wouldn't make it work.

How did you change your signature to something different?
    The pixi hasn't issues, as there is no funky e...