Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Nice update....much more polished now. Back swiping makes this very usable now.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Downloaded and played with it for a few minute before getting "connection error; status 0"

I was in a thread, back-swiped to the new posts screen (yay back-swiping works!)... clicked on another thread. It hung on that loading circle so I backswiped which took me to the main forum 'PreCentral' screen. I clicked on that to choose to go back into the forum and got the above error and it just hung on "connecting to Forum". I was able to go back again and get it to log in.

Is there a way to add a 'refresh' button to the bar for when I am on 'new posts' and want to refresh it to get new posts again?

Going to play with this for a while - overall it looks great and I'm excited to use it.
    Connection error occurs when the app can't reach the server. This is a connectivity issue, and all I can do is to show a more beautiful error dialog. Probably there is an unhandled behaviour on those errors, but that's nothing severe.

About the refresh button... I was trying to avoid it. In fact, all the topics lists in the app do autorefresh when returning from a topic.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Connection error occurs when the app can't reach the server. This is a connectivity issue, and all I can do is to show a more beautiful error dialog. Probably there is an unhandled behaviour on those errors, but that's nothing severe.

About the refresh button... I was trying to avoid it. In fact, all the topics lists in the app do autorefresh when returning from a topic.

OK cool.. thanks for the reply (and the update)!
    When I'm in the middle of a thread, say page 3 of 10, and post a reply, I don't get taken to the last page.

Is that normal?

5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    When I'm in the middle of a thread, say page 3 of 10, and post a reply, I don't get taken to the last page.

Is that normal?

Absolutely, althought that doesn't mean that is the reasonable behaviour...

also , I used to see a few lines preview of the first post, but it's longer there. Has this been taken out? Can it be a prefrerence?

Also, if I'm in subscribed forums tab and reply to a thread, when I back swipe it used to update the thread and move it to the top of subscribed forums.

Doesn't happen anymore.

Also, (one sec getting a screen shot for this next one)

After I reply the page display shows up like the pic above

8.    #188  
    http://wimg.mp/sO6.png

Yeah, I've seen this before, just not sure when...

9.    #189  
    http://wimg.mp/sO6.png

10.    #190  
    also , I used to see a few lines preview of the first post, but it's longer there. Has this been taken out? Can it be a prefrerence?

Also, if I'm in subscribed forums tab and reply to a thread, when I back swipe it used to update the thread and move it to the top of subscribed forums.

Doesn't happen anymore.

Also, (one sec getting a screen shot for this next one)

I will probably enable excerpts as a preference, about subscribed topics, I'll need to take a view...

I like the new update. However, it seems to be slower at loading threads.
    Another thing is that some links are not clickable. Not here on precentral, but in other forums where you can do http://www.someurlsite.com and it actually shows the http://www.
    It would be nice to see support for smilies too.
    Pictures attached to the post don't seem to work either.

Great Job though! I really like it a lot more now.

Update: Weird... The links and pictures are working for this post. Maybe is the www.maanclan.com forums that is having this issue.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I like the new update. However, it seems to be slower at loading threads.
    Another thing is that some links are not clickable. Not here on precentral, but in other forums where you can do http://www.someurlsite.com and it actually shows the http://www.
    It would be nice to see support for smilies too.
    Pictures attached to the post don't seem to work either.

Great Job though! I really like it a lot more now.
    I can see pictures and links in your post. I'm not sure what you're talking about links, thought...

EDIT: You mean removing the "http://www."?

I can see pictures and links in your post. I'm not sure what you're talking about links, thought...

EDIT: You mean removing the "http://www."?
    Disregard my post about the links and pictures. I must be losing it. Sorry... It does feel a bit slower though.. I think the post read update is slowing it a bit.

14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Disregard my post about the links and pictures. I must be losing it. Sorry... It does feel a bit slower though.. I think the post read update is slowing it a bit.

There are huge changes in the way the app shows posts, the most important is that previously the app only was replacing bbcode tags and now it creates a real bbcode tree structure, formatting properly when necessary, and discarding unsupported and/or unclosed tags.

This could make the app to be a bit slower showing the info, but take note that there are three things working together: the app, the server and the network. I don't have noted too much decrease in performance, I must say.

The post read update is in the app since first version. I just changed the feedback (originally no feedback) the app is showing to the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Downloaded and played with it for a few minute before getting "connection error; status 0"

I was in a thread, back-swiped to the new posts screen (yay back-swiping works!)... clicked on another thread. It hung on that loading circle so I backswiped which took me to the main forum 'PreCentral' screen. I clicked on that to choose to go back into the forum and got the above error and it just hung on "connecting to Forum". I was able to go back again and get it to log in.

Is there a way to add a 'refresh' button to the bar for when I am on 'new posts' and want to refresh it to get new posts again?

Going to play with this for a while - overall it looks great and I'm excited to use it.
    No need for a refresh button ... Tap on the section(not the button) where it says "Recent Posts" and a selector menu appears, tap recent posts and it refreshes

Oh one question... What's "Participated Topics"?

There are huge changes in the way the app shows posts, the most important is that previously the app only was replacing bbcode tags and now it creates a real bbcode tree structure, formatting properly when necessary, and discarding unsupported and/or unclosed tags.

This could make the app to be a bit slower showing the info, but take note that there are three things working together: the app, the server and the network. I don't have noted too much decrease in performance, I must say.

The post read update is in the app since first version. I just changed the feedback (originally no feedback) the app is showing to the user.
    Can we get support for smilies and color as wel as bold bb code?
    (for viewing that is) for example take a look at my Faq thread that's located in the tips and trick forum

Heres a link http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...e-welcome.html

There's a lot of bb code markup .. It's needed, at least the bb code color and bold (mobile site strips size but it's fine) are needed to make it readable.

Tap@talk screws up when quoting another language
    That doesn't use latin characters
    Check
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...-new-post.html

Ok I'm using this post as a testing ground to figure out the tag stripper.

First mock post should say with no spaces between the Tags

""

Next should Say Google with the tm next to it

Google
    Ok I'm using this post as a testing ground to figure out the tag stripper.

First mock post should say with no spaces between the Tags

""

Next should Say Google with the tm next to it

Google
    I put
    This is getting annoying ... I put a good 2 sentences after the Google test and they got removed
    W T F