View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Google Voice App from Sean Kovacs ported to WebOS?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 99.09%
  • No

1 0.91%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Lets not forget about this thread we need this app asap

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    any update re: this?

I am using google voice more frequently and would pay good money for a google voice app!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    No update yet

Would love this too, and would pay. Order of importance for me is:
    SMS (With push notifications)
    Calls
    Contact/dialer Integration
    Voicemails

Hope I'm not asking too much n_n
    push notifications won't be possible until palm releases support for it.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    Do you think we will have push notification in 2.0?

That's a bummer, but the existing methods at least aren't terrible. How do gowalla and other apps that push notifications usually do it? I assume it's some sort of fetch-based system, but I don't know if it plugs into a webos background service or if each app has to run its own. If it's built into the OS it should be fairly easy to add push notifications to an app once Palm adds that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    That's a bummer, but the existing methods at least aren't terrible. How do gowalla and other apps that push notifications usually do it? I assume it's some sort of fetch-based system, but I don't know if it plugs into a webos background service or if each app has to run its own. If it's built into the OS it should be fairly easy to add push notifications to an app once Palm adds that feature.
    with 2.0 and (jode.ns?) its possible for a developer to create their own push server (a dev had explained this to me but it sounded like he was saying it wasn't worth it in the long run)

My fingers are crossed for mojo messaging in 2.0 but we'll see. the sfr leak said facebook had push so who knows...
    with 2.0 and (jode.ns?) its possible for a developer to create their own push server (a dev had explained this to me but it sounded like he was saying it wasn't worth it in the long run)

My fingers are crossed for mojo messaging in 2.0 but we'll see. the sfr leak said facebook had push so who knows...
    Is this similar to how boxcar push notifications work?
    hXXp://boxcar.io/

Push notifications for rss, gmail, facebook, and twitter, but sadly it's for iOS. Lifehacker wrote up an article about using it with gvoice though:
    hXXp://lifehacker.com/5659488/from-the-tips-box-google-voice-notifications-file-extensions-and-the-vegetable-drawer/gallery/1

I might be getting off-topic, but felt like it might help.
    From my cursory reading of the site I believe so. You give boxcar your account info and then they ping you whenever you receive a notification on their end.

I dont really want push for facebook or twitter though. I've got BK notifying me every halfhour and that works for me. It would get super annoying every time breaking news tweeted. Do push solutions on iOS let you select who you want to be notified by?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345