View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Google Voice App from Sean Kovacs ported to WebOS?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 99.09%
  • No

1 0.91%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Priorities?

1 - Calls
    2 - Voicemail
    3 - SMS
    Just had a thought. Lets support Sean Kovacs with his iOS app to show the WebOS support. He is posting that if his iOs app trends, he will give it for free on iOS.

Sean Kovacs GV Mobile + Approved

I'm proposing we tweet: "WebOS for #gvmobile" or or "WebOS supports #gvmobile" or "@palm WebOs supports #gvmobile" if you don't want to clog your twitter stream.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    heck yes!

most important for me is listening to voicemails and returning those calls via my GV number. Without a GV app, I have to carry 2 phones which ANNOYS me. Hate that I cant listen to the voicemail through the native web app too.

Shoot, Id easily pay $5-10 for it.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It'd also be nice if it was possible to chose the phone from my cell. Reception in my house is terrible, so if I could use my palm address book + google voice app to arrange a callback on my landline (which, using the website I can, but not using the mobile website), that would be sweet.
    I can select the phone number for callback on the mobile website. But would still like a native app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    I would also pay 5-10 to support the app
    cmon sean...gv to webos!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I would also pay $5 - $10 to support the app

My priorities would be:
    (1) voicemail playback
    (2) call
    (3) sms
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    +1
    I emailed Sean about making a WebOS version, here is his response:

webOS is easy but lacks a lot of things needed. I'm looking into webOS
    though.

-sean
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I'm really looking forward to it
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    most important for me is listening to voicemails and returning those calls via my GV number.

Same here.
    need this
    I'm curious about how likely this is. Maybe we'd be better off trying to encourage one of our own developers to take a shot at it?
    Any new devs we can get is helping the entire community!

Sean I hope you dont take the above comment as the sentiment here! We here @ p/c are a close knit community and there are always the occasional members comments who dont reflect the views of ANY body else.

I personally would like to apologize for the offhanded comments of the above poster
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

We are very excited & hope you can make the app for us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    +1 need ur app
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    I'm curious about how likely this is. Maybe we'd be better off trying to encourage one of our own developers to take a shot at it?
    Well we don't have an official statement yet, but if you read previous posts you will see that Sean has commented here, he knows about this thread and he is looking into it.

So hopefully he will port his already very good app

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Sean I hope you dont take the above comment as the sentiment here! We here @ p/c are a close knit community and there are always the occasional members comments who dont reflect the views of ANY body else.

I personally would like to apologize for the offhanded comments of the above poster
    +1

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

I don't mean to be rude, but how is asking that question offhand? It seems quite relevant to me. I mean no offense to Mr. Kovacs, I use his app on my iPad all the time. I just haven't seen any comments from him to the effect of "I'm working on an app for WebOS". I was merely asking if it might be advisable for us to encourage developers who already have some WebOS apps under their belts to give it a shot.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast