View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Google Voice App from Sean Kovacs ported to WebOS?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 99.09%
  • No

1 0.91%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I believe the reason gdial and the other one died was because with the old SDK only (non-pdk apps) you couldn't interact with google voice in the way you need to. I would assume now that the PDK is available that it could work. It seems to be very easy to get iphone apps running on webos. Though I've yet to see a pdk app of this sort (not a game) so it's hard to say.
    +1 I'm in!
    I don't think Gdial died because of the SDK, it was more that Google changed the requirements for Google Voice and did not make the APIs available for Gdial to use them in the manner in which it was designed. PDK may not be necessary for this app.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    I don't think Gdial died because of the SDK, it was more that Google changed the requirements for Google Voice and did not make the APIs available for Gdial to use them in the manner in which it was designed. PDK may not be necessary for this app.
    What he said.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Well actually, both GDial and the other GV app for Palm never did things right in the first place...even when I tried to tell them so. I'm guessing it was due to the limitations of the SDK from Palm.

Obviously I can't built Rome in one night...so what's most important for you guys? I'm guessing calling and sms?
    Quote Originally Posted by seankovacs View Post
    Well actually, both GDial and the other GV app for Palm never did things right in the first place...even when I tried to tell them so. I'm guessing it was due to the limitations of the SDK from Palm.

Obviously I can't built Rome in one night...so what's most important for you guys? I'm guessing calling and sms?
    I personally just use the voice mail... and the sms every now and then to play pranks on people.
    Sean,

Happy to see you here... my biggest concern is being able to easily see my inbox and play back my voicemails through the GV app. I don't make calls with the Google Voice number, it is just my voicemail inbox. Therefore, the most pressing need for me is being able to look through my voicemails like an email inbox, just like you do on the website, and pick and choose which ones you listen to. The Google Voice mobile site looks nice and all, but there's no PLAY BUTTON on the site to actually play your voicemails! On the mobile site you have to go to the "older version" to find a link for playing voice mails. So, basically, an inbox to see and play my voicemails would be fantastic for me!

...from the other Sean here... ;-)
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    so what's most important for you guys? I'm guessing calling and sms?
    For me is calls and sms. And thank you for at least look into it

I'm no developer and have no idea how these things work, according to Palm and their "Palm - Project Ares" you can port any application (specially iOS apps), if that's true then your app, if ported, would have almost if not all the functions that your GV iOS app already has.

Maybe i'm asking for a lot lol
    Last edited by ldudiaz; 09/16/2010 at 08:55 AM.
    I too would like it for calls & sms. I'm sooo happy to hear that you're looking into it. I really hope this works!! Thanks for you effort.
    VM would be an added bonus but calls and SMS would be a great starting point.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Mr. Kovacs,

At this point, moving beyond the mobile site of GoogleVoice will be a nice step. We've been abandoned, who to blame, who cares, because the app you've done on the mumble,iOS,mumble platform is superb. I look forward to anything you offer us and hope you can solve the missing link.

I just have a feeling, whatever your findings, that this app will gain massive traction in the catalogue.

thank you for giving us an oppurtunity! You will not be disapointed by this forum, or community.

-JohnnyPre
    BtW: someone just posted the old gdial app.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Well said @JohnnyPre
    Calls for sure, and voice mail inbox
    i just emailed him as well, finishing off with my full name and President, Consumers who would like google voice ported over to WEBOS :-)
    Calls.
    We don't have mic API's yet.. will that help/hurt?
    I would love to see a functional Google Voice app. I got Sean's iPhone when it was still available in the App Store. Once it got pulled I jailbroke my iPhone and purchased it through Cydia. It's a quality piece of software. My question is about calling. Right now mobile GV site sets up the phone call through a proxy number that then opens the Palm dialer. I like this method, because I don't have to listen and to the GV IVR or have GV call me back. I would love to see this in any webOS GV app.

Thank you Sean for taking the time to see if you can help out the webOS community.
    Priorities in rank of importance for me is basically
    1-SMS
    2-Voicemail inbox playback
    3-Calls

Be soooo excited to see a functional Google Voice app
    congrats on the iOs launch! Now don't forget about your webos fans
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast