1.    #1  
    So, a friend of mine got me and another buddy into geocaching (basically a scavenger hunt with GPS) a couple of months ago, and I scanned the App Catalog for a geocaching app. I use Geocaching for WebOS, which was free, and it works fine. However, my friend has an official one from Geocaching.com on his iPhone that is much better interface-wise, not to mention it has some other features I'd like to see on the app I have, like the ability to read comments on different caches and better utilization of the Google Maps feature. Plus, the compass is not all that great.

I sent an email to Geocaching.com support a couple of weeks ago to see if they had plans to bring their official app to the WebOS platform and this is the response I received:

Tim,

At this time no decision has been made. We are considering several other smart phones now that we have the iPhone and the Android in place.

Thank you,

Michael
    Groundspeak - The Language of Location
    Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
    Waymarking - A scavenger hunt for unique and interesting locations in the world
    Wherigo > Tools for creating GPS-enabled adventures

Not exactly a no, but not really a resounding yes either. Just thought I'd share this with any other Pre owners who are geocachers that may want to give geocaching.com a little push in the right direction.
    The application Geocaching for webOS has a beta version in the Beta Feeds. You can access it through Preware.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    the one in the app catalog has the ability to read the comments, just hit the little magnifying glass looking icon. Also using it with the free mapping tool is much better imho than the google maps application. I'm new to geocaching but have found this app works well & has blown away a number of my friends that I can do it all from my Pre
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for that info...shows how much I pay attention lol. Had no idea about that magnifying glass icon and it was right in front of me this whole time. Downloaded the mapping tool and it works really well, too. Now I can make my iPhone-carrying friend jealous lol.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yeah geocaching for webos works really well, I really dig the new map view they just added!
    i second the geocaching with web os... anyone doing any cool caches of late? i just got on this david garrett contest.. hope i win something. here's the link for yall...facebook.com/davidgarrettofficial#!/davidgarrettofficial?sk=app_171490909564420
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    WebOS version

Vote here in tn their Geocaching mobile app suggestion form. I started a suggestion to have a WebOS app created.