Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Hey all,
    So my first attempt at making an app just got put up on the app store! Yay!
    It's a "toss the paper into the basket" game and is pretty fun but not at all polished yet.

If its a game you are interested in check it out and PLEASE leave me feedback here! Its called "office basketball" and it's free.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ficebasketball

I had a few people leave 0 feedback cause it's different than the iphone one (which I haven't really played since I don't have a i-anything) and because they didn't care for the controls. I would LOVE to make it better I just need some more constructive feedback and not just a 0 with "it's crap."

Thanks for checking it out and if you DO feel its a 0-1 star app PLEASE leave me some ideas on how to make it better!
    This would probably get more notice in the App forum, since that's where people look for this kind of thing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Heh, what a dumb little app—that's totally fun! Love how those close shots can bounce off the rim.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    particle if you like it please rate it! Anything I could do to make it better?
    Since you ask, perhaps you could make the angle of the shot more granular toward the center to allow for better precision? This way maybe you could have near misses deflected off the rim the wrong way (or I suppose you could just make a small percentage of the current rim shots bounce wrong, which would be more random).
    Add some bacon, honestly thats the only thing that makes everything better.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Bacon eh? I do love bacon!
    @Particle So right now I take the x pos of where you put your finger down and the X pos of where you pick our finger up and use the slope to animate the angle it throws at. I noticed a few reviews about that being to twitchy. So are you saying to make it so that the ball doesn't follow your finger directly but actually tends more towards the middle when released?
    Thank you so much for the feedback!
    Great start, but the wind seems to behaves a bit strange and sometimes feels inconsitent.
    Nope, I just meant that the central angles should be larger so it doesn't fall off to the left or right too quickly.

Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    ||| |  |   |     |   |  | |||
    Instead of the upper, do the lower when detecting your X position. This gives you a larger sweet spot which uses more of the screen.

And bacon.

here's the iphone app. notice the smoothness of the animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post

here's the iphone app. notice the smoothness of the animations.
    Andriod has the same exact game. Work on makeing this on a lot smoother than it is right now. Try to be constructive without copying too much from the IOS version.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    @mhunter, @jason_Black As far as smoother do you mean the animation of it flying towards the basket? It does kind of "hit" the top of the arch.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I have completely rewrote the controls hopefully for the better! Would you be so kind as to update and try it out again and let me know what you think? Also, if you had problems before and like it more, would you kindly update your review?
    Thanks!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    fun game! But it seems like the wind arrow is randomly wrong. The paper will fly the opposite direction of the arrow.