webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Full Version of People Finder for Google Latitude - FREE!
Full Version of People Finder for Google Latitude - FREE!

Old 09/09/2010, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

FULL VERSION OF PEOPLE FINDER AVAILABLE FOR FREE -- TWO WEEKS ONLY

For the next two weeks I am giving away one of my most popular apps, People Finder, for free. We have sold this app to thousands of people at $1.99 but for the next two weeks we are running a sale providing People Finder completely free. So what's the catch? We only ask that you try our new FREE game called Pixi Dust, also available from the app catalog. You get one of the highest 5 star rated games and one of the most popular Google Latitude applications for the Palm Pre - both completely free! Hurry, this offer expires soon.

Want to see where your friends are around town? Want to track your children's location? Wondering if a loved one is on the way home from work yet? Lost your own phone? People Finder will automatically transmit the location of your phone and share this information with friends and family. This information can be viewed from another phone with People Finder installed or from the internet. Best of all, there are no monthly service fees! You pay for the app once and have unlimited use of this service. Once installed, People Finder will transmit your location as frequently as once every 15 minutes so long as your phone can obtain a GPS lock. Family and friends who also have People Finder installed can bring up a Google map which shows your location in either a street map view or satellite photo view. People Finder also allows you to view Google traffic information and search for businesses in your immediate vicinity. Your privacy is always in your hands as only those who you have formally invited through People Finder can see your location. You can choose to withhold location information at any time or only publish the city you are located rather than providing exact location. People Finder can even help you track down your own phone if it goes missing by allowing you to view your phone's location at iGoogle. People Finder uses Google Latitude services which means you can share and view location information with Android based phones and the iPhone.

Download People Finder for Google Latitude for FREE

The offer for the free download of People Finder is only available to Palm Pre users running WebOS 1.4.5.
Old 09/10/2010, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

What if we have already downloaded Pixi Dust (for my daughter)?
rlangley21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

says not available for my model, i have the pixi (ironically)
mc_gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

whats the difference between these three apps? --> google lat launcher, lat updater, and people finder?
swingracex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

OK - so here's what happened....

I downloaded People Finder. When that was done, I tapped the People Finder icon and it took me to a screen that said I needed to also download Pixi Dust (which I have already done). That brought up the App Catalog to the Pixi Dust app. Since it was already downloaded, the bottom bar said Tap To Launch. I tapped that and Pixi Dust opened. I then went back to People Finder, tapped the icon and it opened to the prompts for the app.

If you already have Pixi Dust, it appears these apps are available for free...
rlangley21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yup, i think all's you have to do is hit that button that brings you to the palm catalog and you'll be able to use people finder. I was skeptical at first, but it worked.
tmny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
whats the difference between these three apps? --> google lat launcher, lat updater, and people finder?
Google Latitude Launcher currently just launches Google Maps with Latitude enabled. It doesn't provide any way to update your location automatically. From what I have seen Latitude Updater does not show a map that shows the location of your friends.

People Finder is a combination of the two-- rather than installing two different apps to update your location and show your friends, People Finder has automatic updates and the map integrated together.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0