Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FULL VERSION OF WEATHERMAN 2.0 AVAILABLE FOR FREE -- TWO WEEKS ONLY

For the next two weeks I am giving away one of my most popular apps, Weatherman 2.0, which is one of the only Palm Pre apps which displays current weather information on your Palm Pre wallpaper. We have sold this app to thousands of people over the last year at $1.99 but for the next two weeks we are running a sale providing Weatherman 2.0 completely free. So what's the catch? We only ask that you try our new FREE game called Pixi Dust, also available from the app catalog. You get one of the highest 5 star rated games and one of the most popular weather applications for the Palm Pre - both completely free! Hurry, this offer expires soon.

Weatherman is the only Palm app that allows you to view weather information right from your Palm desktop background. Unlike other weather applications which require you to start an app or keep a card running to see current weather forecasts, Weatherman automatically provides convenient four day weather forecast information overlaid directly on top of your own wallpaper. There is no need to start an app or keep one running in a card, and battery life is preserved because Weatherman only once an hour to update the background. Everything happens automatically -- set it and forget it! Every time you turn on your phone you will see the latest weather information for the city of your choice or you can select GPS location and Weatherman will update the forecast to your current location every hour. Another feature, unique to Weatherman, is that your forecasts are available even from the phone’s lock screen. This means you can quickly turn on your phone and glance at the forecast without unlocking your phone! Version 2.0 has a completely re-written forecasting service to ensure accurate and reliable updates twenty four hours a day. Users may use the GPS built into their phone to automatically set the forecast to their current location and new to version 2.0, users can now obtain weather forecasts for any major city around the world!

Download Weatherman 2.0 Free Now

Weatherman 2.0 Free offer is only available to Palm Pre users running on the 1.4.5 OS version.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I wanted to try your app, but it just says "reverse location failed". Sprint pre minus running 1.4.5 stock webOS. Any answers for this error?
    I already had Pixi Dust but got this too. I had to pretend to download Pixi Dust in order for this to work but all is good now. I had a question, when this is no longer free, will I still get updates to it? Thanks.
    Downloaded both. Loving Pixi Dust, Weatherman is great too. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    You guys don't get the gps reverse location failed error. Strange, I've never had any gps issues with any app in the 10 months I've had my pre, just this app. Oh well, i guess it just wasn't meant to be.
    couldn't get to download. It says stream or download when I click on it. I hit download. Then says format not supported. I think my multimod patch may have caused this. Anyone else getting this? <edited by mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/10/2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: posting around filters
    works fine for me.
    says sms sent but never got any text

Edit: nvmd got it from the app catalog!

Great app thanks
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/10/2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Ok, my fault!! I've never turned google services on. I thought just having gps on was good enough. Ten months and never once turned google services on....oops I bet google wouldn't like that. Also I'll bet google services drains more(precious) battery.
    Not available in my country (Canada). :-(
    Worked great for me.
    I'm sad :-(... Can not download. Not availeble for my country either ... #¤%&/((/&%¤#"!!!!
    I live in Demark...:-(
    Last edited by karstenskov; 09/10/2010 at 05:05 AM.
    How is the Weatherman app as far as battery drain? Is there any noticeable increase in rate of drain?
    You know, I was kinda bummed at first when I saw that Weatherman was going for free this week, as I BOUGHT a copy LAST WEEK. But honestly, after having it on my Pre for a couple of days now, I'm not begrudging that I paid money for this app. I really enjoy having it up all the time, although it did take a little getting use to (as well as a nice wallpaper to compliment the layout).

All in all, getting Weatherman (regardless of whether it's free or a couple of bucks) is a win-win either way. Thanks for the great app!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    How is the Weatherman app as far as battery drain? Is there any noticeable increase in rate of drain?
    I'll need some time (like days) before I can answer that one properly. I feel like if I have google location services on, it should impact battery life. Also you can set how often it pings for updates in the app. I'm starting out with a three hour refresh time.
    Would you be so kind to make it avaliable for all countries as long as it's free? Prettyplease?
    Dude, I would love to download Pixi Dust as it is tearing up the Hot Apps leader board. And I tried the lite version of Weatherman and it is pretty nice. However, you're only running this for two weeks and well, I'm on AT&T and as you know no 1.4.5 for us. I'm missing out again. Sucks.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Would you be so kind to make it avaliable for all countries as long as it's free? Prettyplease?
    Oh, that is why I cannot find it in my App Store (UK)...
    Can't get Weatherman to run. I'm presented with the setup screen for half a second then the app is closed :-/
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Great for me. Thanks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast