Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Oh, that is why I cannot find it in my App Store (UK)...
    Same, and as the dev knows, I am a great advocate of pixidust (the app he wants us to try in return for the free app)
    Why isn't it available in Germany?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Pixi Dust is cool, I've had it installed for a few days now, but Weatherman isn't available on the UK AppCat
    I appreciate the free app offer, and it's a good idea to advertise your Pixi Dust app; however one small change I would suggest is that if the person already has Pixi Dust on their device, do not display the "You must download Pixi Dust before displaying the main menu" screen. I already have Pixi Dust and it wanted me to load up the app catalog to download the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    What will happen if I get it for free now and after two weeks when it's back to full price. I doctor my phone or get a new pre. And when I try to redownload it from the palm profile, won't it ask for me to payy? Or did palm fix that issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    What will happen if I get it for free now and after two weeks when it's back to full price. I doctor my phone or get a new pre. And when I try to redownload it from the palm profile, won't it ask for me to payy? Or did palm fix that issue?
    Palm doesn't provide a way to convert a paid app to a free app, so WeatherMan Free is a separate app from the regular paid version. So I assume once the 2 week period is over, he'll simply remove the free app from the catalog. So if you doctored your phone after that, you'd have to purchase the regular app if you wanted to keep using it. I think this is perfectly fair and essentially amounts to an extended trial version (which may be forever if you never have to doctor or replace your phone).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Pixi Dust is cool, I've had it installed for a few days now, but Weatherman isn't available on the UK AppCat
    I've actually had a few people testing Weatherman outside of the US but I have found that GPS does not work correctly.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    It's running, but it's not accurate it's showing 4degrees lower than normal. Even when I refresh it.
    I have weather icon also, and it's showing the correct weather.

What's up with that?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I've actually had a few people testing Weatherman outside of the US but I have found that GPS does not work correctly.
    That's a shame, looks like a really cool app. Perhaps you should update the original post stating it's for US users only as this statement is a little misleading:

"Users may use the GPS built into their phone to automatically set the forecast to their current location and new to version 2.0, users can now obtain weather forecasts for any major city around the world!"
    Well, I guess us VZW pre plus users are SOL again. Since we're stuck on 1.4.1 we can't download Weatherman :-(
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    That's a shame, looks like a really cool app. Perhaps you should update the original post stating it's for US users only as this statement is a little misleading:

"Users may use the GPS built into their phone to automatically set the forecast to their current location and new to version 2.0, users can now obtain weather forecasts for any major city around the world!"
    Weatherman currently works with worldwide cities-- if you type in Paris, France, you will get weather for Paris. GPS just simply doesn't work outside of the US right now.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Well, I guess us VZW pre plus users are SOL again. Since we're stuck on 1.4.1 we can't download Weatherman :-(
    It looks like Verizon/AT&T might have to release 1.4.5 soon. They can't ignore a huge flood of Twitter posts

If anyone has any questions regarding Weatherman, you can view the FAQ here:
    http://support.wizardapps.net/forum/...lay.php?fid=11
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Can't wait to pick up Pixi Dust and Weatherman for free!
    love this app, my only qualm though is that when my gps can't get a fix, the app just never updates. I thought that it was supposed to just resort to the zip code when it couldn't get a gps fix automatically but it does not do this. Sometimes my weather won't update for 2-3 days.

Vzw pre+ with OS 1.4.1.1
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    love this app, my only qualm though is that when my gps can't get a fix, the app just never updates. I thought that it was supposed to just resort to the zip code when it couldn't get a gps fix automatically but it does not do this. Sometimes my weather won't update for 2-3 days.

Vzw pre+ with OS 1.4.1.1
    Make sure you have the latest update-- it fixed the problem by adding in "backup" timers. If you already have the (paid version) of the app you should just be able to go into the app catalog and hit update.

This free offer is also the latest version with the fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    sprint pre minus
    lol!
    Make sure you have the latest update-- it fixed the problem by adding in "backup" timers. If you already have the (paid version) of the app you should just be able to go into the app catalog and hit update.

This free offer is also the latest version with the fix.
    I have 2.0.4. The catalog isn't showing any newer updates for me. (possibly because I am still on 1.4.1.1? hopefully that will be resolved by the end of the day though).
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    Not available in my country (Canada). :-(
    Figures...
    And if it was available here in Canada, it probably wouldn't be free, it would be twice as expensive
    Just got 1.4.5 on ATT and I downloaded Pixi Dust just now and it is awesome. I also downloaded WM 2.0. Thanks.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    GPS just simply doesn't work outside of the US right now.
    Worked fine for me. It set my city on it's own.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I've had a chance to try this app out for a week and really like it. Didn't think it would be a much more than a toy, but I'm a new convert. I really like this app!! As far as my earlier question about battery drain - there is nothing significant at all. I have it set to update once an hour and haven't seen any added drain to my battery at all.

Very nice app - and a great price!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast