Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    If you want to get it for a $1, you've got like another hour kiddies.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2. #2  
    I grabbed it for a dollar... I will compare it to Twee2 which I am currently enjoying.

    Edit: Wow... speed is almost an understatement. Phew! Blazin'...
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I am a Twee2 user as well. It's a tough call, tough call....Twee2 still has a few more features (WhatTheTrend/TweetMeme integration, color-coded tweets, tweets you've retweeted), but Bad Kitty is really fast (it loads your saved searches - and results! - pretty much instantaneously, if you write a new tweet, it shows up instantaneously) and is catching up. The UI overhaul on Saved Searches and Following/Followers is much appreciated, it does display twitter clients in the timeline, custom notification sounds (needed Internalz to accomplish with Twee2), choice of how many tweets to load, now loads at newest tweet, and I personally really like the type to tweet feature. In addition, the type to tweet feature basically lets you start typing any user to bring up their twitter profile. Although a dedicated user search as in Twee2 would not go unappreciated, either. Yep, it's a pretty close call, I will probably use both for each's respective features.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #4  
    Fantastic update! Nice speed increase, love the new visual styles. I adore the hypnotic pinwheel kitty loading icon LOL
  5. #5  
    amazing update, deleted other twitter apps once again! So sly
  6. #6  
    ahh hell...I'm in for a dollar... a Snicker's bar is more expensive than that....and Bad Kitty is less calories too.

    Update: OK, bought the old version for $1, upgraded to 1.5...The. Best. Twitter. App. Done
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 09/08/2010 at 01:53 PM.
  7. #7  
    Anyone know if there's any way to access your list of favorited tweets in Bad Kitty? Everyone raves about this app but I've sent three emails to the developer asking this question and I've never received a response. Maybe I'm missing something simple here but for the life of me I can't figure this out.
  8. #8  
    why haven't they added 'palm' the the tag line? That keeps me using tweemee.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Anyone know if there's any way to access your list of favorited tweets in Bad Kitty? Everyone raves about this app but I've sent three emails to the developer asking this question and I've never received a response. Maybe I'm missing something simple here but for the life of me I can't figure this out.
    Yes, this is another thing they could improve on, having easy access to your own profile, but in the meantime, you can do it.

    Start typing your username, so for me, I will type @screwdestiny. This of course starts a new tweet, but instead of sending a tweet, you'll notice the bottom of the screen will say User Profile. Click this, it will take you to your profile. At the bottom is an option for favorites, this will bring up your favorites (of course, this works with any other user, too).


    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why haven't they added 'palm' the the tag line? That keeps me using tweemee.
    On the other hand, when I was using TweetMe, I never knew what anyone was tweeting with because TweetMe does not display this information in the main timeline - only on the single tweet view. While Bad Kitty does display this in the main timeline, and you can click on the client to see more info about this client...so while TweetMe may specify for webOS, I know that most people on my timeline are actually using Bad Kitty, which is not something I would have noticed using TweetMe, lol. With splatterings of Tweed, Twee2, Adium, Echofon, Tweetdeck, you see them enough, you begin to realize which platform they're all on...
    Last edited by malpha; 09/08/2010 at 09:59 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10. #10  
    good points malpha tweed does have the tag on the main view as well. I tried to make a patch for it (lol) but couldn't find where the info was stored.
  11. Click's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, this is another thing they could improve on, having easy access to your own profile, but in the meantime, you can do it.

    Start typing your username, so for me, I will type @screwdestiny. This of course starts a new tweet, but instead of sending a tweet, you'll notice the bottom of the screen will say User Profile. Click this, it will take you to your profile. At the bottom is an option for favorites, this will bring up your favorites (of course, this works with any other user, too).

    When you are at the "Home" screen showing Home/Mentions/Directions/search etc... look to the bottom there is a "+" touch it and boom easy access to your profile.


    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Anyone know if there's any way to access your list of favorited tweets in Bad Kitty? Everyone raves about this app but I've sent three emails to the developer asking this question and I've never received a response. Maybe I'm missing something simple here but for the life of me I can't figure this out.
    When you are at the "Home" screen showing Home/Mentions/Directions/search etc... look to the bottom there is a "+" touch it then touch "My Profile" once in look to the bottom right, see the little heart with the words "Faves" giver a good "ol nice touch and BOOM favorites!
  12. Click's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    #12  
    O and smartphoney, give Jeremy (The dev) a holla on Twitter, @germboy
  13.    #13  
    Great job, I am never on that screen, so I never even noticed! I mostly stay on the timeline.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14. Click's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Great job, I am never on that screen, so I never even noticed! I mostly stay on the timeline.
    Yea I helped beta test this app and I am like 99% of everyone when it comes to little features and I KNOW Jeremy has a TON more things to add but he had a dead line to meet with 1.5 I think I got on his nerves because I would email and twitter the heck out of him about things and he said that he has a nice list of things to get into BadKitty soon.
  15. #15  
    I was really hoping for a color change. I don't like blue at all. The lack of black text is also bad for my poor vision. Putting charcoal gray text on a gray, or light blue background makes it very tiring to read. Especially if I'm trying to conserve battery and have the screen turned down.

    I do not like the 'profile' button either. Why can't I just click on the twitter handle, or photo to get to the profile?

    When I open Bad Kitty, the timeline opens on top with the most recent tweet, instead of scrolling to where the new tweets started. Am I doing something wrong?

    The last thing is a problem I have with Twitter. I'd really LOVE a client that reads from top to bottom. Oldest tweets on top. Conversations read from top to bottom. It seems backward and I've never gotten used to it.

    Bad Kitty is stylish and fast. I originally switched because Twee was skipping tweets if I had more than a few hours worth. Bad Kitty does catch every one of them.

    I'm going to try something else. I'll come back to Bad Kitty when the color is fixed so we have better accessibility for folks with poor vision. Gray on gray just doesn't work. :/
  16. #16  
    One more Bad Kitty question for the experts. Is there a quick way to mark a tweet as a favorite? With the "Quick Menu" on, this appears to be a three tap process (tap the tweet, tap "More," then tap "Favorite.") Not a big deal, obviously, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some shortcut here.
  17. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #17  
    I can't work out how to get notifications to work... Are they supposed to come up when the app is closed entirely (as with Tweed, which I was previously using)? I can get the notifications to come up when I have the app open, but that's it, no matter what settings I check. Which settings are supposed to enable background notifications?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I can't work out how to get notifications to work... Are they supposed to come up when the app is closed entirely (as with Tweed, which I was previously using)? I can get the notifications to come up when I have the app open, but that's it, no matter what settings I check. Which settings are supposed to enable background notifications?
    Run in background in the Notifications section of preferences.
  19. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Run in background in the Notifications section of preferences.
    I thought so; that's what I've had on, but it doesn't seem to be sending notifications when the app card is closed... I'll play around with it some more and investigate!
  20. #20  
    How do you see who you are following in Bad Kitty?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions