Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I've been getting errors starting up Preware. I've already doctored the phone so I'm starting from a base level and still having errors.

    Attachment of error below, anyone know what this is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    I believe it may be due to a URL typo in one of the feeds. You can probably get a better answer posting it in the Preware thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3. #3  
    What feed were you trying to get. Delete the one you previously try adding.
  4. #4  
    i've been getting that error today as well. i tried disabling all the feeds except webos-internals feed, and i'm still getting the same kind of error. also, tried it with just the palm catalog feed. still not working.

    any suggestions.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I believe it may be due to a URL typo in one of the feeds. You can probably get a better answer posting it in the Preware thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html
    I just doctored my phone installed Preware and it happened. So this has nothing to do with custom feeds which I have none.
  6.    #6  
    I should also add it's intermittent as of now because I just got it to run ok (didn't change anything) I can now see JsTop.
  7. #7  
    I always wondered why it happens. I usually get this message if I am trying to open the App Catalogue at the same time as Preware but that never made any sense to me. Are you trying to open something at the same time?


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  8. #8  
    You are on wifi and your internet connection is down. it happens to me a lot when we are having storms.

    Before anybody says his wifi shows full signal, just because wifi has a full signal it does not mean hes broadcasting an internet connection.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  9. #9  
    I wouldn't doctor over it. Sometimes Preware's servers don't read properly, or your data isn't going through correctly. It happened to me today too. Probably something with webosinternals servers or whatever.

    Just wait an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10.    #10  
    I tried both the phone's data connection and WiFi.
  11. #11  
    It's Preware servers because my custom feed from tibfib loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  12. #12  
    Delete and re-download preware. Problem solved. Download preware through standalone, not webosQI. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware. It will then upload to the latest version. v1.3.6.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Delete and re-download preware. Problem solved. Download preware through standalone, not webosQI. It will then upload to the latest version. v1.3.6.
    It just worked for me too right now without doing anything. It's looking like an intermittent problem with their server. Unfortunately nobody can confirm this for us.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It just worked for me too right now without doing anything. It's looking like an intermittent problem with their server. Unfortunately nobody can confirm this for us.
    Sometimes things like that happen. On twitter webos internals tweet preware problems. You should be following them... I am.
  15. #15  
    Its your data connection this happens to me weekly, always during storms at my house when i lose internet connection. If you tried it over data on your phone are you 100% positive it showed the ev icon. preware does not like 1x and does this exact thing.

    BTW Ive checked PreWare 5 times this evening and their servers are fine.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Posting Permissions