Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Anyone know of any apps that provide score updates for college or NFL games, preferably free? I can't seem to find any on preware.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    Anyone know of any apps that provide score updates for college or NFL games, preferably free? I can't seem to find any on preware.
    Sprint and Verizon both have apps already loaded onto the phone for this. What network are you on? Also, if you go under the Sports apps under Applications in Preware, there seems to be a quite a few apps that provide score updates, some even for free. Perhaps you haven't updated your feeds in Preware?
    They aren't free, but our Sports Live! suite of apps includes professional and college football. The individual sports apps are now $1.99 a piece, or the all-in-one version is currently $7.99 (it includes nine sports so far).

Football Live! (professional teams): Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    College Football Live!: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Sports Live! (all-in-one): Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

An update for Sports Live! is still pending Palm's approval, so the current version in the App Catalog doesn't have college football yet. I expect it to be approved in the next couple days.
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Sports Live just plan kicks ****. The developer takes suggestions and responds to email very fast. I couldn't recommend higher.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    4info.net Free scores via text
    Visor->650->Pre
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    +1 for Sports Live!
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thanks for the recommendations, fellas.

And i apologize to the mods for posting in the wrong forum.

Haven't searched for college games, but if you go to NFL.com from the Pre's browser and add the page to launcher, it becomes a real nice glance at score page. The page redirects to the mobile version, which is simple, and ti the point scores & schedules.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Haven't searched for college games, but if you go to NFL.com from the Pre's browser and add the page to launcher, it becomes a real nice glance at score page. The page redirects to the mobile version, which is simple, and ti the point scores & schedules.
    Now that was a great suggestion.
    I like that the scores are in a font large enough to read easily in portrait mode, and that the winners are in red font. Who needs a dedicated app?!
    Sports live notifications (I had baseball and then decided to go all in for sports live) is the main item that reminds me why I love web os.

I am still holding out hope for a golf scoreboard to be added though
    Last edited by minimalposter; 09/19/2010 at 09:17 PM.
    NFL.com mobile.
    I like Football Live! But i wish i could get the verizon nfl app on my sprint pre. Much like how i have the verizon mobile hotspot on my sprint pre.

Edit: Looks like verizon doesnt even have an app. Doesnt make me feel any better.
    VZW has an app for NFL Mobile, just not for WebOS...the only OS in their stable that had the application under Sprint. The only OS that they KNEW for certain NFL Mobile would work on. But, they have chosen to expend significant time, effort, and resources to bring the app to Droid and BB rather than spend a small amount of time, money, and effort to return it to the OS they have that it most easily could be put on.
    +1 for Sports Live app. Pay the money, it's worth it.

And face it people, VZW is all-in with Android. webOS is the red-headed stepchild in their stable of phones.