1.    #1  
    For me, the most important thing is stability. Right now I can't keep Classic open without eventually having the phone reset. As opposed to new features, I'd much prefer that you work on stability and multitasking niceness (i.e. Classic should not take such a performance hit on whatever card is in the foreground.)
    Dr.Grace,

you may be a good candidate for overclocking. Govnah and Uberkernal will take care of you. I cut Classic a bit of slack on resources because it is afterall running an entirely separate device.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Govnah and Uberkernel will take care of you. I cut Classic a bit of slack on resources because it is afterall running an entirely separate device.
    I'm running Govnah and Uberkernel, and I was wondering what are optimal settings for running Classic. I keep Classic open all the time, and my device is pretty stable. But I'm always looking for improvement. Would you be willing to post the settings in the profile you use in Govnah?

P.s. This might be a good subject for a new thread
    I use fixed speed 1000, but switch it to 500 during the night with Mode Switcher.
    I use one of the default profiles: Screenstate 500/1000.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Dr.Grace,

you may be a good candidate for overclocking. Govnah and Uberkernal will take care of you. I cut Classic a bit of slack on resources because it is afterall running an entirely separate device.
    Yeah, I already use them, currently with Userspace at 800. Overclocking makes Classic almost tolerable, although Classic still takes a long time to load. However, there's still the matter of Classic's tendency to crash the device. Resetting the Pre takes so long that it's not worth leaving Classic open.
    For me, Classic never causes the device to crash. I wonder if there's a certain mix of PalmOS apps that causes webOS itself to be more unstable. Wish we had better diagnostic tools.

Classic itself does seem to crash for me 1 to 3 times per week. I keep it open all the time. It's always my left-most card.

In Govnah, my profile uses a userspace governor with min 125, max and setspeed both at 1G. I have Compressed Swap diabled. I tried enabling it and two bad things happened: first, Classic suddenly became very unstable, crashing several times per day, and BFGMaps had parts of the map constantly flashing. Disabling Compressed Swap made both of those problems go away.

I haven't messed with the other two options -- I/O Scheduler and TCP Congestion.
    I have found that if certain apps on Classic are installed, they make my device more unstable. I've run many uncertified apps on Classic and have been sure it's that. Leaving it open all day would freeze my device sometimes, but that hasn't happened for a while now.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  9.    #9  
    I have very few apps installed, so I suppose I should try removing all of them except for the one I absolutely need, to see if that's the problem.

However, even if problematic PalmOS apps are installed within Classic, shouldn't Classic be sandboxed well enough that it doesn't crash the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    ...shouldn't Classic be sandboxed well enough that it doesn't crash the device?
    You would think, wouldn't you? Maybe in the next release...

Has anyone had any interaction with MotionApps support on issues like this?
    It could also just be classic. I used to have it freeze on me with just having it open. Actually it was when we didn't have a voice recorder and I was using the PalmOs version. I'm gonna leave it open all day today and see if it starts doing it again. I know I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219