Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I really love Grooveshark. It has become my primary source of music. I not only run the app on my phone, I also use it in a browser on the computer work. Which I share with my coworkers. Because of GS I was able to remoove nearly half the songs from my phone freeiing up a few gigs of space for more apps - i was nearly out of space before finding this awesome app.

I tried it out for free first, but after the first 50 songs (i think it is 50) it stops working. I was already sold though so I immediately bought myself a VIP account for $3 a month. Which gives me immediate, on-demand access to (as far as I can tell so far) pretty much any and every song I could possibly want to listen to. I have not yet been stumped. I end up supplying the music at allot of friends houses when they find out that I have that song they've been dying to hear for the last few years.

The app itself runs pretty well. It will burn the battery dead quicker than playing mp3's stored on the phone, so battery life is an issue if you are streaming music on the go. I used to stream quite a bit of stuff off of youtube, but then I couldn't put my phone in a my pocket or mutli-task. Now I can do both. AccuRadio is nice, but with GrooveShark I get to stream whatever I want. It has taught me to always plug my phone in every chance I get. I really hate it when I run out of juice.

One thing I have noticed is that when running GS and the FaceBook app i have a hard time opening new cards, with the "too many cards" message being all too common. If i shut down at least one of the apps then all is good. I think it is probably the FB app that is causing the memory leak though. If I turned updates off I'd be ok, but I prefer leaving it on. I am never that far between power sources so it's not that big an issue.

Overall this is now one of my favourite and most used apps. I find it an incredible deal at $3 a month. It's much cheaper (and less hassle) than buying cd's. And I hate iTunes. Haven't really started buying music online, and now I don't have to. I just hope Apple (or anybody else) doesn't buy them out and shut them down.
    Grooveshark os great, but they really need to update the damn app... I pay for it as well, but the iphone and Andriod versions have so many more options. WebOS just don't get enough love :-(
    It's not a memory leak, it's simply the apps are taking too much memory between the two.

You can fix this by installing Govnah and a custom Kernal, you don't have to set it to overclock but you can enable comcache which will remove the out of memory errors.

Otherwise, there is another GrooveShark app (an unofficial one that still requires VIP) which you can try out and see if it uses less memory.
    A little bird told me an update for the Grooveshark app is coming out soon. That's all I've got to say on the subject.
    I hope to see a big update for keeping us in the dark for so long. Posting what your listening to would be nice and notifications player control.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    A little bird told me an update for the Grooveshark app is coming out soon. That's all I've got to say on the subject.
    AW MAN I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. Last I heard they needed a webOS dev, I guess someone came through!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    i heard for free too.

i love this app! i used it to dj a party the other week and all i had to do is hook it up to a mixer!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Version 1.2 is out now in the app catalog
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Does anybody know if they posted a changelog? (I cant browse grooveshark from work) I dont really notice much difference; slightly faster feeling, maybe one or two button changes...I dont use the app as much as I would if it had slightly better interface.

It would be cool to use some just type/quick actions when webOS 2.0 becomes widely available--for instance, someone tells you about some band they like, you search grooveshark with just type or play a song with quick action...I dont know, there could be some cool possibilities if they have a good weOS programmer.
    They usually post information on releases on their blog. They have a small changelog for the latest release of the Android app from a few days ago, so they'll probably have a changelog for the latest release of the webOS app pretty soon.

I can tell you some of the quick things I noticed using the app for about an hour:

• You have a dashboard player and shuffle mode
    • Low Bitrate Mode is an option in Settings
    • You can filter search results
    • You can save your playing queue as a playlist easily
    • Some things, like logout and clear your queue, have confirmation dialogs now
    • Favorites seems to load faster

Also have to agree that it would be very nice to integrate the app with Just Type. WebOS 2.0 is going to be awesome.

Oh, almost forgot the link to their blog: blog.grooveshark.com
    They also fixed that problem where scrolling down a long playlist would cause it to start repeating songs and freeze! Smooth scrolling now.

The dashboard appears to be a sticky dashboard as well. Even when you swipe the card off, it'll keep playing until you swipe off the notification.
    Last edited by malpha; 11/01/2010 at 03:53 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    since updating, the app won't keep me logged in. Everytime I launch I have to sign in again. Anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    First of all, I'm thrilled to see a new version. I was wondering if they'd given up on the platform. I don't see any release notes at blog.grooveshark.com.

Off the top of my head, there are two improvements I'd like to see to the WebOS app:

1) I came to the Pre from a Blackberry Curve. The Grooveshark app for Blackberry allowed you to save songs for offline playback. Even when you're not connected to the cloud, you can play songs back. This came in really handy on a cross-country road trip where even phone coverage was spotty.

2) The app is inconsistent about requiring me to log in. Sometimes it logs me in automatically, while other times it acts as if I've never logged in before, requiring me to enter my login and password.

Hopefully these items are fixed / added in the new release.
    Changelog is posted on their blog.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    if I could download songs from Groveshark I would so buy into this app... as it stands I would probably just let the trial expire...
    You can't "download" songs from Grooveshark, web or mobile. The other apps let you "offline" songs that you can listen to from Grooveshark when you don't have a connection or have a bad connection.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    on the full site version there is the option to go and buy the songs u hear from amazon..

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I agree offline mode for grooveshark would be great. I canceled my vip subscription because of the horrendous long pause when the next song was up for play.

I'm assuming since songs would be downloaded to the pre it would eliminate this long pause.

(fyi) offline mode is not the same as purchasing the song. I don't wish to purchase the song.
    They don't have to be downloaded completely, the app just has to prefetch the next song instead of waiting until the current song has finished to grab the next one. The Groovee app did this, it was the best thing about it really.

Although offline would be nice, of course. I assume it is coming (it already has to Android and iPhone), just like Library is (there seems to be mention of it in the app code). Currently, I absolutely hate the blue crap/wallpaper, so I'm trying to theme it to borrow the icons/wallpaper of the iPhone one that looks more like the VIP website.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    They don't have to be downloaded completely, the app just has to prefetch the next song instead of waiting until the current song has finished to grab the next one. The Groovee app did this, it was the best thing about it really.
    I never knew about this!, can you please let me know if this eliminated the long pause between songs? Assuming the next song ques up immediatley after, I may renew my subscription.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast