1.    #1  
    Did a quick search and I don't think anyone's picked up on this yet?? I happened to stumble over it and was excited to see Alan Masarek expressing excitement for HP's acquisition of Palm.

The mobile operating system ecosystem

He's also asking for what we'd like to see in the WebOS release of QO so hit the comments and chime in!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Nice find!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Nice article.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I never was that much a fan of DataViz; they seemed to follow the blundering MS Office path. No easy organization of files, just one big huge list. Hopefully QO will be a refreshing combination of clean interface and powerful features.

Personally, I always liked Wordsmith as a mobile wordprocessor, that sync'd with desktop and had a Word Plug-in. It was the only reason I kept Word on my computer after OOO came out.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 09/04/2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have used QO on Palm OS and it worked great. I don't do a lot of document editing on my phone but do need it occasionally. I look forward to QO on my Pre.
    thanks, however since quick office is breaking the NDA, palm is going to block their access.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Rejoice!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    confermed over at webosworld quickoffice will be coming to webos so we can say F dataviz now.

QuickOffice Now Officially Coming to webOS
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    According to this site:

QuickOffice Now Officially Coming to webOS

Excerpt (emphasis mine):

"In the wireless world, there are a variety of operating systems for developers, such as Quickoffice, to pursue. The list includes Android, Bada, BlackBerry, iOS, MeeGo, Symbian, and also, webOS. The last, webOS, is being more closely watched than ever, especially since HP bought Palm, which originally developed the elegant platform.

Jon Rubenstein, formerly CEO of Palm, now at HP, sought to heighten the buzz during a speech at Fortune’s Brainstorm conference. Jon mentioned that the next iteration of the operating system, webOS 2.0, would be available later this year. This is exciting news and sparked increased attention in the blogosphere, as webOS is a technically sophisticated platform and this update will certainly inject new life into existing webOS devices, let alone the exciting new products HP is rumored to have planned.

At Quickoffice, we’re extremely excited to see this development and the increased focus webOS is deservedly obtaining. We’ve already seen increased competition driving innovation in the market, with Android’s Froyo, BlackBerry OS 6, iOS and now the potential of webOS 2.0. We’ve always maintained a mission that we’ll provide robust mobile applications for our users, across all the major mobile platforms, and this scope includes webOS. I think users, and the industry in general, watching webOS will be pleasantly surprised if they continue to watch Quickoffice and our continued leadership in the mobile space. With the increased focus on smartphones, tablets and MIDs, mobile professionals need solutions that help them remain productive when away from the office and it’s our aim to ensure that‘s possible, whatever device they have."

Original Source: http://blog.quickoffice.com/articles...ecosystem.html
    Last edited by rlopin; 09/05/2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added excerpt; added orginal source url; bolded key line
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    very nice!!!
    I wrote that article
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    thanks, however since quick office is breaking the NDA, palm is going to block their access.
    If an employee forgets his Pre2 in a Biergarten, Palm won't bother with raiding and suing Gizmodo but promptly release the PrPrPr&#$275$;$dator$ $Drones$.
    i am surprised precentral has not picked up this story
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I heard this rumor too...

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    i am surprised precentral has not picked up this story
    You don't remember this story from July 18:

http://www.precentral.net/china-telc...uickoffice-tow
    Question is, will it include document editting. If not, this is meh... The version floating around in the 2.0 SDK does not and for whatever the reason was DataViz couldn't (or wouldn't) include it, I don't believe QO is going to be able to do it either. At least not by the end of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    Question is, will it include document editting. If not, this is meh... The version floating around in the 2.0 SDK does not and for whatever the reason was DataViz couldn't (or wouldn't) include it, I don't believe QO is going to be able to do it either. At least not by the end of this year.
    I have a feeling Palm scrapped the Dataviz Docs View that was included as viewing docs only and replaced it with a similar viewing only Quick Office version. Then a paid full editing version will most likely be in the App Catalog upon 2.0 release is my guess..