Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61  
    ihtr -- kudos on the analogy.

    Regarding the point about escalation of the issue and reaching a level where active assistance is being offered rather than essentially diversionary tactics, I take issue with the method. A higher-level tech requesting logs is certainly part of a script, or a set procedure, for that level of support. It's a step left to higher level techs because it takes more time to pore through a log, time best not left to front-line techs.

    It's troubling that industry-standard technical support is structured to help the company avoid solving complicated problems unless it has no other option. It's clear from a cost-cutting standpoint why this structure exists. It's not clear whether it's ultimately better long-term for a company to treat customers this way, or whether it breeds resentment and discourages loyalty. Wholesale tech-support is a relatively young beast. Time will tell. From a purely human perspective, it's a bad business practice.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
  2.    #62  
    @OrlandoAlex: Thanks. And yeah, I know how support goes, I did level 1 phone support for two years. Ugh. Worst two years ever. I remember being nearly as frustrated as the customers at the "higher ups".
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisregistration View Post
    You have nothing nice or constructive to say about this,
    Once again...BINGO was his name-o. This is why I'm pretty much done responding to him.

    Anyway @ihtr, I hope you get this issue resolved. I really hope Palm does the right thing here. They need all the customers they can keep.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisregistration View Post
    [Sorry about the double posting, I wasn't sure where this should go]

    Did the subject perk your interest? I'll give the short version
    here followed by a long detailed version below.........
    Can you send me a private message with some information so I can look you up in our system.

    Either your Service Request number, chat number, or palm profile email address should be sufficient.

    I'd then like to get permission to have someone contact you once I have had a moment to review your case.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #65  
    @HardBeatZ: Thanks for your response, I sent the information you requested, the subject line text is:
    "Service request #"

    If there's anyrhing else you need, let me know.
  6. #66  
    It's good to see 'HardBeatZ' getting involved to resolve the issue, hopefully there will be a quick resolution to what ought to have been resolved by Palm the minute the customer produced the receipt as proof of purchase.
    As for the relentless arguments presented by 'Teso Dos Bichos' defending Palm, I'm sorry but it is totally beyond my comprehension. What Palm does to resolve this rather perplexing problem from being repeated, with or without the help from 'ihatethisregistration', is irrelevant to the fact that Palm owes him a refund which ought to have been offered immediately.
  7.    #67  
    I just received a call from Palm support, when I'm finished with their requested steps, I'll post them here. (Provided they don't ask me not to)
  8.    #68  
    The people at Palm support offered this resolution:

    1) Download and purchase the renamed app (the "new" app)
    2) Forward the receipt of the purchase to their email
    3) They'd refund me for the purchase price of the app the developer renamed
    4) After they received my receipt I was asked for my CC# again to confirm which account to refund

    I mentioned that this sounded reasonable for me personally but wouldn't help anyone else who had the same problem, and it wouldn't keep future developers from doing the same in the future. The response was that they needed to look into the issue and consider a way to handle this kind of developer abuse (or perhaps honest mistake? That's my opinion, that it's possible, but the dev should be available for support).

    Finally I was told that people who had exactly the same issue should contact Palm support (use the online chat first, I'm not sure if there would be charges if you called in first, but I assume there would be since Palm's support website says that there will be), and they'd handle it on a case-by-case basis.

    So, there you go. If you have any further questions or comments feel free to post them here or PM me.

    P.S. I'm not sure exactly how much HardBeatZ had to do with this, but I suspect he/she had a significant role in getting this resolved. Thanks HardBeatZ. :-D
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisregistration View Post
    The people at Palm support offered this resolution:

    1) Download and purchase the renamed app (the "new" app)
    2) Forward the receipt of the purchase to their email
    3) They'd refund me for the purchase price of the app the developer renamed
    4) After they received my receipt I was asked for my CC# again to confirm which account to refund

    I mentioned that this sounded reasonable for me personally but wouldn't help anyone else who had the same problem, and it wouldn't keep future developers from doing the same in the future. The response was that they needed to look into the issue and consider a way to handle this kind of developer abuse (or perhaps honest mistake? That's my opinion, that it's possible, but the dev should be available for support).

    Finally I was told that people who had exactly the same issue should contact Palm support (use the online chat first, I'm not sure if there would be charges if you called in first, but I assume there would be since Palm's support website says that there will be), and they'd handle it on a case-by-case basis.

    So, there you go. If you have any further questions or comments feel free to post them here or PM me.

    P.S. I'm not sure exactly how much HardBeatZ had to do with this, but I suspect he/she had a significant role in getting this resolved. Thanks HardBeatZ. :-D
    I'm actually who you spoke to One of the lucky few who got to hear my voice lol
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisregistration View Post
    P.S. I'm not sure exactly how much HardBeatZ had to do with this, but I suspect he/she had a significant role in getting this resolved. Thanks HardBeatZ. :-D
    Good thing I PM'd him for ya!

    Seriously though, glad you got it resolved. When all else fails, HardBeatZ will come through!
  11. #71  
    HardBeatZ is a great person to have here on the forums.
    jim
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Good thing I PM'd him for ya!

    Seriously though, glad you got it resolved. When all else fails, HardBeatZ will come through!
    Tell me about it, that guy is an asset to these forums... Without him we'd still be arguing with Teso Dos Bichos. Thanks for the assist.

  13. #73  
    Ok good news for me This thread here got me started thinking about that app (RemoteWin) that I bought months ago and could never get to work. I tried repeatedly to get in touch with the developer, by all means possible, and couldn't. Figured I'd been had. This stirred that back up again, and in the middle of it all, I decided to re-download the server part from the website and reinstall it. Now it works, all of a sudden. I'm happy it works now and I didn't recklessly lose my $$. Not very impressed with the lack of communication from the developer, but at least I got what I paid for now. I don't know if maybe it was an old version, or I had a corrupted file or whathaveyou. But I will attest that the app works now.

    Good luck with your fight OP
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    So because I disagree with your stance you are 'done' with me. That is a pathetic admission to make particularly on a message board.
    No, as the post you've quoted sated, it's because you have nothing constructive to say. No one in this particular thread has insulted anyone else or called anyone pathetic, whiner, deluded, etc. except you. When someone stoops to your level of "arguing", it's usually better to simply move on. Unlike your insults, my moving on is not to be taken personally. Do have a wonderful day. :-)
    Last edited by taharka; 09/08/2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling
  15. #75  
    CASE SOLVED. I'm sure when a few more people start abusing the system Palm will step up. But until it's reported or someone calls a developer out on cheating.. Palm will never know. As long as they make changes when issues arise i'm happy. Remember this is a new ecosystem and "laws" will slowly just happen.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    "no evidence??"

    Seems like it's a no brainer. They have a receipt they issued. They themselves can't find the app either.

    I get the evidence that explains what happened is missing. But the evidence that the customer has been wronged is clear.

    I know this is unpopular to say, but that would never happen in the Apple App Store. They refunded me for three albums I lost when I synced incorrectly. (credit only, but still, it WAS my fault.)
    I have had positive experiences consistently with applecare for mac and also once with itunes support email giving me song credits when it had trouble downloading
    the first time I used it. And yes they kept me as a customer and lately I have bought from itunes and will look closely at their cloud service when it comes.

    Palm has been poor 2 out of 3 times, the last one being only a few days ago when a new accessory was missing a small part and I asked them to replace it. Of course
    they said instead to take it back to the retailer. So I did and asked for a refund so now Palm has lost the sale.
  17. #77  
    Holy zombie threads, Batman!

    You realize you are responding to a post from nearly a year ago, right?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Holy zombie threads, Batman!

    You realize you are responding to a post from nearly a year ago, right?
    Didn't realize as it showed up unread on my TouchPad. PreCentral is acting weird on my TouchPad, I can't view the last posts in threads for example and it acts like I am not logged in at points.

    ps It looks like some things (Palm trouble with customer service) never change...
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Holy zombie threads, Batman!

    You realize you are responding to a post from nearly a year ago, right?
    Wow.. I thought I recognized this thread...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions