Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    what was the search query you used to find it?
    The power of PM.

Got any more info Jason, have you looked at any of the code?

Pip
    Guys, I suggest you do not download this or distribute it (or even mention it). It likely contains malware and should not be floating around. I don't know if you heard about the leak causing Palm to reconsider their early access SDK, but it is severely hurting developers.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Palm should try and use this t their advantage and build up hype kinds like the iPhone4 prototype. Just think of it as free advertising...
    If you all haven't seen Dieter's new post about the recent 'leak'... head on over and take a read

http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...nt-ruckus.html
    Contains malware? Seriously?

Listen, you shouldn't download this app. It's an unfinished beta. It's been ripped illegally from the webOS 2.0 SDK. Whoever released it is breaking their NDA. And while I haven't used it, it sounds like it's not very good yet.

But to use the old "if it's not an official download, it must contain malware" thing is wrong. An ipk is just a type of compressed container and so you can look at the Javascript portions of the app easily using the right tools. And two, if you're on 1.4.5, which you need to be to use a hybrid app, the C parts are sandboxed and can only affect the contents of their own directory.

Now, I haven't used this application. I don't plan on using it until it's officially available, for the reasons I already mentioned above. But let's not make things up either.

Note: I do not have the ipk, and do not know with 100% certainty that there is no malware contained within, but the statements about that just reek of something made up, as far as I'm concerned.
    yep, i got it aswell, it is real
    hmmm does this mean quickoffice will be the default viewer in Web 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    hmmm does this mean quickoffice will be the default viewer in Web 2.0?
    Since DataViz has given up on Docs2Go for webOS, it's a good thing that we will have some kind of viewer.
    Those that know the answer aren't supposed to say, and those that don't are just repeating rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Guys, I suggest you do not download this or distribute it (or even mention it). It likely contains malware and should not be floating around. I don't know if you heard about the leak causing Palm to reconsider their early access SDK, but it is severely hurting developers.
    The early access program was reinstated yesterday.
    Yep, kinda interesting how the malware FUD rears its head when discussing software someone doesn't want to see distributed. I'd be very interested, professionally, to see any actual evidence of this. My earlier comment was sarcasm, in case you missed that.
    Ok, so I can confirm that this is floating around.

I found it at a site called <deleted>. I am not going to say it because I dont want people to find the site as it is full of hacked paid apps.

Guys, just don't install it ok?

Really, this will cause Palm to delay their WebOS 2.0 SDK/PDK and then we will have to wait even longer for it.

Do you really want to **** off a development community that is already barely making apps for WebOS.

Think about it.

This isnt the RIAA, Palm isn't "The Man". So don't mess around with stuff like this, WebOS is already treading on thin ice right now.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/04/2010 at 11:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    it's true, I got a copy of QuickOffice for WebOS and it works well.
    it has no Create/Edit option,also it add Google Docs/DropBox/Mobile me for downloading Docs and view them on Pre.
    also it has an option to Save Docs to Pre.
    <<deleted by Mod>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/04/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: offering to share materials
    I only see an icon in the launcher screen. Screenshots of the app launched anyone?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I don't know if you heard about the leak causing Palm to reconsider their early access SDK, but it is severely hurting developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Listen, you shouldn't download this app. It's an unfinished beta. It's been ripped illegally from the webOS 2.0 SDK. Whoever released it is breaking their NDA. And while I haven't used it, it sounds like it's not very good yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Guys, just don't install it ok?

Really, this will cause Palm to delay their WebOS 2.0 SDK/PDK and then we will have to wait even longer for it.

Do you really want to **** off a development community that is already barely making apps for WebOS.

Think about it.
    Ditto. Pity the kids are still trying to spread it around. Take two seconds to think about the consequences of your actions and don't dare whine if this delays things or causes problems for everyone else. Selfish *****s.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Actually, that has malware in it.
    really? Mind sharing some proof of this malicious software running on webos?
    While I don't doubt its possible, its unlikely.
    Palm does have the ability to see what apps you have installed on your pre, FYI...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    And HEY! You should be excited that Palm is allowing Early Access again.
    Thanks to clowns like you it might not be for long.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    it's true, I got a copy of QuickOffice for WebOS and it works well.
    it has no Create/Edit option,also it add Google Docs/DropBox/Mobile me for downloading Docs and view them on Pre.
    also it has an option to Save Docs to Pre.
    PM and I'll send you a copy if anybody want to give it a try
    So, since it doesn't do anything, you think it works well? Sounds more like a placeholder than a functioning app. Why distribute this? Just let it rest until its ready... but spreading stuff around from the beta SDK isn't going to help anyone.

Blo
    Its out there already so there is no point in trying to stop it now. Everyone knows its going to be included so what is the big point. If there is malware I'll just have to doctor big deal.
    It works!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast