Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Is this possible? Someone got it working with a Nokia N900. Other than that you need a Teensy++ USB Development Board or an AT90USBKEY. I hear it can be done via PSP too but can't confirm. Seem like this would be perfect for the Palm Pre?

PSFreedom – Hack your PS3 using a Nokia N900!

Open Source PS JailBreak Clone “PSGroove” Available Now!

this would be really cool
    The code compiles fine. But there seems to be issues with the running usb processes and modules on the pre. I can insmod the modules, but the first try errors out with -1 ( resource busy ) . The second try load the modules. The PS3 seems to take alot longer to boot, but the exploit does not seem to work.

insmoding the module ****s up usb , so i need to reboot after every try...

maybe the userland solution that this other guys claims to have working, but is not releasing is the better way to go.
    I see info about using a Nokia phone but not a PRE. Why the misleading title?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The problem is that the PS3 mounts the Pre before the Pre mounts the USB partition for read access.

That means it cannot be done without some modifications to the Pre (i.e. forcing it into USB mode until you reboot the phone)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    "Looks like the ps freedom has successfully been ported to the palm pre but requires some work, tutorial by Darkon is below."

Tutorial

source

Author blog

Only 194 steps , anyone want to verify?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    "Looks like the ps freedom has successfully been ported to the palm pre but requires some work, tutorial by Darkon is below."

Tutorial

source

Author blog

Only 194 steps , anyone want to verify?
    just a little above my skill set and the device has to be on 3.41.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You dont have to go through all that. I just copied the psfreedom.ko file (got it from www . ps3hax .net /downloads .php?do=file&id=398) to my pre and ran the command "insmod /media/internal/psfreedom.ko" (no quotes) in the terminal app you can get from preware. I had to run the command twice for it to work. To get usb working normally again you have to do a full restart of the phone.
    Last edited by emc350; 09/05/2010 at 05:07 AM.
    just a crazy idea but is it possible to use the palm pre as a usb device using the psgroove to jailbreak the ps3 for homebrew to. Would like to know plz and thank you.
    wow, thats got me thinking! they did it with an n900 but using some special software, check out psfreedom on google to see it

maybe one day one for the pre develops, but i doubt it will be made, because i certainly have no idea about how to do it

i just heard that it requires a mobile os based on linux so probably a no go for iphoners and the possibility of a webos one looking better!

google 'psgroove palm pre' and the first post tells you how to do it! they've made a tutorial! but no back up manager yet
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/05/2010 at 06:26 AM.
    thank you so much for such a quick response
    <<threads merged>>
    You can simply patch the descriptor.h file for the backupmanager to work. Just google it. Its only 4 bytes you need to change. Its working fine with my pre.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    you dont want to use the original backup manager anyways. it can get you banned if you play online. search the ps3hax forum for stealth managers and install one of those instead. only the demo game version of the managers will let you install to the internal hdd, atleast that was my experience.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    eppiiiicccccccccc
    it works
    phone is still functional too

I can't remember a time when I didn't exist, I will not remember a time when I cease to exist.

In my eyes, I am immortal.
    i found a really good tutorial on youtube, i cant post the link because im new here, but its dm0E1oA_-fg on the end of the normal youtube website, should help noobs out there like me
    Last edited by 05woodc; 09/05/2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: new stuff found
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05woodc View Post
    i found a really good tutorial on youtube, i cant post the link because im new here, but its dm0E1oA_-fg on the end of the normal youtube website, should help noobs out there like me
    not working?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    can some message me, i need help badly lol
    its actually very simple. here's the youtube link:

then, go to this link and download the backup manager mentioned in the youtube video description:
    PS3Hax Stealth Backup Manager | PS3Hax Network
    and copy that file onto the root of a random usb drive, not your pre.
    you should read the youtube description and download the psfreedom.ko file from one of the two provided dl links and copy that to the usb partition on you pre (i.e. putting your pre into usb mode and sopying the file (not into any folders).
    after this is finished, you need the terminal app. launch preware and go to available packages, all, and type "terminal" after which it should appear. install, and after being prompted for a restart, do so.
    once that is accomplished, go to your terminal app and load it up, then type the following command: "insmod /media/internal/psfreedom.ko" without the quotes. if you type it once and it says resource busy thats ok, it seems to happen. type is a second time to enable it, you'll see another line of code. congrats you have successfully loaded psfreedom on your pre, now unplug your ps3 and plug it back in (or in the case of a fat ps3, the switch will do) and plug your pre into the first usb slot. next, press the power button and quickly press the eject button and wait for your ps3 to load, it should take about 15 to 20 seconds more than regular boot up. after the XMB comes up, go to the "games" icon and scroll down to see two new icons. now plug in your usb with the backup manager on it, the one you downloaded to the root of a random usb drive, yes that one. scroll down your games list to "install new package" and click the backup manager that appears. Mission accomplished. now do a hard reset to enable usb functionaility on your phone when you're done.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    when i get to the pont where i have to install package manager, its saying that a later version is installed, no need to install this version. any idea?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast