Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by srath16 View Post
    the ps3 backup manager backs up the games you put into the disc drive into a format that decrypts the eboot.bin file on the disc. you can choose to back it up to the internal HDD or an external HDD. at the moment there is no way to download isos from the internet (isos are games ripped off of discs in iso format) and transfer them to the external hard drive to play on the ps3, though i dont support piracy a lot of people are looking forward to this. for the sake of further backing up your games, you can back it up to an external hard drive and then plug it into your computer to transfer it to your pc.
    oh i see. I thought its just to the ps3 HDD. Does it have to be NTFS or fat32 as if its fat 32 does it split the backup rip into multiple parts?
    My games won't load after backing them up. Once I load a game in the manger it brings me back to the home screen.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It has to be fat32
    I'm putting them on the facotry internal hard drive.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    My games won't load after backing them up. Once I load a game in the manger it brings me back to the home screen.
    You have to insert any game disk in while in backup manager. From backup manager load whatever game you have already backed up. This will bring you back to the home screen. From the home screen go to the game section where it shows what game disk that is installed. It should show what game you loaded and not the game disk that you put in.
    Yeah just figured it out thanks for the quick response.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    FINALLY!!!! Someone has found a use for the severely outdated and outclassed Pre! The fact that I can use it to hack my PS3 almost makes up for the $299.99. On to Ebay and Craigslist to see if I can grab some up cheap before the word gets out!
    So do you have to have the palm pre hooked up to ps3 at all times? IE - to backup games to Harddrive, play games??

Its slightly a newb question cuz i already have everything installed and working but havent backed up any games yet.
    you have to have it hooked up to access the backup manager and load a game, you can disconnect it after that. if you dont have it hooked up even with the backup manager installed you cannot run it without the jailbreak initiated.
    you can install the stealth backup manager found out you just have to delete the mw2 patch(bye bye maps). if your useing another back up manager where a diffrent game id is used you will have to delete that patch for that game befor it will let you install.
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    FINALLY!!!! Someone has found a use for the severely outdated and outclassed Pre! The fact that I can use it to hack my PS3 almost makes up for the $299.99. On to Ebay and Craigslist to see if I can grab some up cheap before the word gets out!
    Why be a troll? really
    Mandatory FW Update was released today...confirmed hackfix...

Update: We can confirm that all variants of the USB-hub emulating exploit (PSFreedom, PSGroove, PSJailbreak) are no longer functional in firmware 3.42.
    staying on 3.41 translates to no PSN access, as Sony has flagged 3.42 as a mandatory update.
    PS3 Firmware 3.42 Hits Network Update - eXophase.com

So if you're like me, and have 2 or more PS3s, it'd be wise to keep one on the obsolete FW version and disconnected from any PSN access if you're going to use this hack...
    I'm updating right now sucks it only last a day for me. Also yesterday when I couldn't get it to work it was the game (Red Dead Redemption) that wouldn't work. My other games backup and worked great.
    Last edited by Joescan09; 09/07/2010 at 06:55 AM.

Follow Me On Twitter
    there's a way to bypass the update with logan 5's tool. google it, i havent tried it yet but it has been confirmed to work.
    I'm not to worried about it seeing how ive already updated.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get this working with the Pixi?
    logan5 works for me using wired connection. Didn't try wireless yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mannbutter View Post
    logan5 works for me using wired connection. Didn't try wireless yet.
    as in terminal over wifi? can this be done?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    mine will not backup to the internal hard drive. Any ideas?
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    It also freezes at a blank screen when trying to load the game when i back it up to a FAT32 external drive.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast