Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I don't even have a PS3, so it doesn't affect me either way, but wouldn't this be more of a pain than it's worth? I mean, it sounds like you'd have to plug in your Pre every time you reboot the PS3?
    until an easier method of jailbreaking comes along it looks like the only way to play back-ups is to keep your pre plugged in when you want to use the backup manager. unfortunately thats the way it is. im just thankful there is a way to do so finally.
    if it says u hvae a later version installed, you probably play COD. Go to game utility and delete the COD patch. it shold be like 15mb. then you're good to go
    Where can I download psfreedom.ko????
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    Where can I download psfreedom.ko????
    PS3Hax Network - Playstation 3 Hacks and Mods - Downloads - PSFreedom for Palm Pre
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

it works great not that hard to do if i can do it anybody can how i love the pre glad i still had it
    <threads merged>
    Heads up...

Just so you people know, use of this hack will make it so your PS3 is no longer able to utilize *ANY* of the PS3's online services...and yes, they're banning the MAC Address of your console, so making a new PSN account won't work...

Sony Suspends PS3 Consoles, PSN Ban Wave Error 8002A227

Sony Suspends PS3 Consoles, PSN Ban Wave Error 8002A227 - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Heads up...

Just so you people know, use of this hack will make it so your PS3 is no longer able to utilize *ANY* of the PS3's online services...and yes, they're banning the MAC Address of your console, so making a new PSN account won't work...

Sony Suspends PS3 Consoles, PSN Ban Wave Error 8002A227 - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks
    That story is fake, However I do believe that bans will happen at some point.
    had that proble apparently you just need to get the original backup manager. Just google search ps3 manager.pkg. If you watch the youtube video he tells you you have to have the orig not the stealth back up which really only makes it look like ur playing mw2
    Last edited by mannbutter; 09/06/2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: misspelling
    use the original backup manager.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Heads up...

do you only get the ban if you attempt to get on line with a game back up?
    once you save a game to the hard drive, how would I transfer it to another pc or ps3 if it's over 4gb
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    do you only get the ban if you attempt to get on line with a game back up?
    again this story is FAKE, there have not been any reported bans with either of the backup managers, whether it be stealth or original. People have confirmed online working. if you have the disc make sure you download the software updates before you back it up, and if you want to be extra careful and dont need to play online you can disable internet before using the backup manager.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thanks for your help
    btw, the only difference between the backup managers are the ability to register as a different game ID when playing online, or during online interactions in which sony is able to "see" what you're playing. the stealthed backup manager just falsifies the game ID of modern warfare 2 to ensure the game ID of the backup manager is not detected. the original backup manager has a game ID that doesnt register with any game on the market for the ps3, and therefore it could POSSIBLY be detected as a jailbroken system. Though this hasnt happened yet. If you use the stealthed backup manager you should be fine, that is until sony pushes a mandatory software update to thwart jailbreak.
    I see...well, would there be any way to uninstall this software before performing a mandatory update?...

EDIT: Hmmm...everytime I try this hack, it doesn't seem to work...

The system doesn't even take longer to boot up...I've followed the directions to a T...does this simply not work with first gen 60gb models?...

EDIT 2: Nevermind...turns out I WASN'T following the directions to a T lol...apparently, plugging the Palm Pre into the PS3 before flipping the power switch back on will throw the whole process off...thanks again...
    Last edited by FleetwoodSho; 09/06/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    so how do i move my back ups to the pc and vice versa?
    the ps3 backup manager backs up the games you put into the disc drive into a format that decrypts the eboot.bin file on the disc. you can choose to back it up to the internal HDD or an external HDD. at the moment there is no way to download isos from the internet (isos are games ripped off of discs in iso format) and transfer them to the external hard drive to play on the ps3, though i dont support piracy a lot of people are looking forward to this. for the sake of further backing up your games, you can back it up to an external hard drive and then plug it into your computer to transfer it to your pc.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast