Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint told me an update for Thursday for the Sprint Football app and they came through!!!! It's not bad either!! Sorry I'm a big football fan and now I have my fantasy stats back!!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/02/2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Threads/Posts Merged
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i will also miss the official app, hope sprint gives us something at least halfway decent in its place
    What you see is what we get with the current football app......
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Use GridironFans.com. Go down to the bottom left of the web page and switch to iphone style. Come back here and thank me ; )
    Thank you
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    use radiotime for NFL audio. Search for your team name. Or browse sports. It rocks. Have my pixi plugged into external speakers while listening to da bears

Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    I hate that Sprint always waits until the last minute to get this app ready. We've always had at least a partially working app going into the pre-season. This year they just give us some news feeds.

I know we probably lost the audio feeds (which I will miss), and definitely the exclusive video to Verizon. So they are going to have to make some changes, and this app has to scale across most of Sprint's devices. I can only hope they get it together before the regular season starts, I want the current drive screen back.
    Generally, most streaming radio feeds cut off the broadcast during live sports, because they don't have the rights to stream them over the internet. You might get lucky and find one in Radiotime that isn't turned off, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, the new app sucks so far. Not even a favorite team selection any more, all it has are a few links to news sites.
    Wow.. I went and pulled up this app tonight to check my team and was shocked at how horrible the app is. Seriously worthless.

Thanks for the tip babydaddy75.... definitely going to check that out.
  9.    #9  
    The Sprint Pre's version of the NFL Live app is much different from what I've seen on other phones. My moms Moment and the daughters Instinct is much more polished. What gives???? Our Pres have these little icon on the home screen that don't do jack but on the other phones mentioned above it's almost a full running app. WebOs left out again?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    The Sprint Pre's version of the NFL Live app is much different from what I've seen on other phones. My moms Moment and the daughters Instinct is much more polished. What gives???? Our Pres have these little icon on the home screen that don't do jack but on the other phones mentioned above it's almost a full running app. WebOs left out again?!?!

No, Sprint no longer has the rights to the NFL, so they were forced to remove the NFL Live application. I suspect that your mom's Moment and daughter's Instinct haven't been updated since then like the Pre has.
    It's weird... did the recent update change the app? The last time I looked at it, Sprint had basically left the app looking like it used to, but had removed all of the "NFL" branded content. Now it is almost unusable. I didn't look at it recently (before the update), but now it's completely different in every respect and stripped down to nothing.
    I will miss the live radio feeds also,i turned off my satellite radio when I got my pre. I could listen to all games. But looks like I have to turn the satellite radio back on.
    same here... but I did find sites on the web broadcasting the games tonight...

*I am not condoning this or saying anything.... just was surprised by it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, Sprint no longer has the rights to the NFL, so they were forced to remove the NFL Live application. I suspect that your mom's Moment and daughter's Instinct haven't been updated since then like the Pre has.

Well I didn't mean to say NFL Live but whatever the new app is.....it is different from what's on my Pre compared to what's on the other phones I described above. It's the same app but more 'polished' than the Pre version. If anyone has access to the Sprint Moment...open the Sprint Football Live app and compare it to the Pre.....lots of difference ....soooo why isn't the Pre's app the same.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's weird... did the recent update change the app? The last time I looked at it, Sprint had basically left the app looking like it used to, but had removed all of the "NFL" branded content. Now it is almost unusable. I didn't look at it recently (before the update), but now it's completely different in every respect and stripped down to nothing.

Yeah it was changed before the update and is the same after the update. I noticed this when I was getting ready for my fantasy football league about a week ago.
  16.    #16  
    OK...have any of the football fans out there notice the unusable Sprint Football Live app. I don't know if your Pre app is like mine with only six little chessy icons to check various info and no support for favorite teams, schedules, and fantasy info. I've checked my moms Moment, the wifes Instinct, and my brother in laws EVO and they all are on Sprint but the Sprint football app is almost fully functional with favorite team info, fantasy info, schedules, news and also it's working for Pro AND College football. So what gives???? Sprint leaving WebOS out of there own app updates. So I did some searching (not much) and found a support site for the app. Soo if any football fan wants to get this updated and working before football send and email asking why and when will they update for Palm Pre. Here's the link.

http://support.gotvnetworks.com/sfl/
    The opening screen says that the app is still under development for the 2010 season so I would expect it will improve.....however I get the same results as you.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Yeah, this is pretty recent. I was able to view my favorite team info just a couple of weeks ago. Noticed the "under construction" message last week. I'm sure it'll be back up and running in the coming weeks, hopefully before the start of the season!
  19.    #19  
    I know this to but check out anyone elses phone on Sprint and compare your apps. Then you'll see what I mean.
    <<threads merged>>
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast