Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    just checked it out,,huge football fan and I'll tell you what,right now I don't think it's that bad. Plenty of fantasy support,,favorite team,news and vids. I sure miss what we use to have but this is not to bad.
    the only 2 thing that's bother me now are 1) the gross UI and 2) the load times. Mobile live will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the only 2 thing that's bother me now are 1) the gross UI and 2) the load times. Mobile live will be missed.
    I agree with the ui but load times are great here. Do you over clock? Anything I open in that app loads up in a second,very fast.maybe it's because I am overclocked.
    I'm OCing and load times are slow. I'm also on wi-fi.
    I don't get it then,i am on wifi,forgot to mention that,,very quick loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the only 2 thing that's bother me now are 1) the gross UI and 2) the load times.
    Same with me too, it's pretty slow on wifi and oc'd. UI worse than it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    use radiotime for NFL audio. Search for your team name. Or browse sports. It rocks. Have my pixi plugged into external speakers while listening to da bears
    I looked up every single station in the KC Chiefs radio network, and not a single one of them are available on RadioTime.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I looked up every single station in the KC Chiefs radio network, and not a single one of them are available on RadioTime.
    KC Chiefs Radio Network is run by Cumulus Media stations. They stream in Windows Media Audio over mms://. Neither are supported in WebOS. As soon as WebOS supports those formats, we can flip a switch and all of the WMA streams will be available.

Do your part...Petition HP/Palm to add support for Windows Media Audio!

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    And there's also the fact that radio stations are supposed to blackout their broadcasts of live NFL games over internet streams, so even if it did work, you might not get the game anyway, unfortunately.
    101 KCFX always streamed the games when I lived in Kansas City, never heard of any blackout.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    101 KCFX always streamed the games when I lived in Kansas City, never heard of any blackout.
    It might, but they're not supposed to. Every station is supposed to turn off their internet stream or switch to an alternate feed when the game starts. It's mainly because the NFL sells their own radio streaming of games. If the NFL found out about the site you mention streaming it, I'd bet it'd be stopped very quickly.
    Whatever the NFL streams, it can't possibly be as good as Len Dawson's coverage on the Chiefs' own brodcast....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And there's also the fact that radio stations are supposed to blackout their broadcasts of live NFL games over internet streams, so even if it did work, you might not get the game anyway, unfortunately.
    For some reason, the KC Chiefs Radio Network even encourages streaming the game over the web. Heck, if you go to their "Listen Live" page, you'll even see that they recommend using RadioTime for Android to stream the games.

KC Chiefs Listen Live

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    It definitely doesn't compare to last years version, or even the nascar sprint app on the device, but it's something. A lot better than just a few links. I would suggest polishing up the icons, as they look like my 8 year old daughter made them.
    Last year's version was so amazing. I'm not even a big football guy, but it was such a well done app. I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on Verizon phones still. Has the whole app be scrapped?
    I don't believe it's been scrapped, I think it will pop up today or this week sometime before the season starts. I seem to remember the same thing last year when it was on sprint.
    What you see is the new app. I've been playing with the Android version for a few days now. It seems to me that it's the same thing but the webOS one just gives me that 'web page' like feel, where the Android feels like an app.

maybe it's just me... It works, just needs some polishin' up. The icons are rather low-res looking.. Again, maybe it's just me. Everything works so far.
  18. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I looked at the APP a few weeks back and the latest enhancements have made this a MUCH IMPROVED app. I'm a college fan, so until recently there has been no info. I can see how "IF" Sprint can get the word out about this app/feature built in, it can be a useful tool for the fan. I might add, here is an APP (Beta) that can show some spirit for your College Team.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...avespirit-beta

I'm not affiliated with the maker of that app, but think it has some potential, thus the reason I'm sharing~
    look I can try to find things I like with this app...but I shouldn't have to. I chose sprint because I thought the pre was solid, and that it offers the best phone/data plan. But most of all the exclusive NFL app that straemed LIVE nfl games on The Network. All that other stuff is cool but not nething I can't get from another app or a website. Every year the network adds games to the schedule. Games, I loved watching on thursdays @ work. I loved talking up SPRINT when ppl asked me how I did this. I've seen way better apps, it doesn't use any touchscreen features, it's utilitarian. My patience with the pre is thin enough...time to get an evo or galaxy s...@ least their apps are better.
    they lost the NFL deal....it happens. I really liked the NFL live too but things change. I have dish network so no NFL package for me but they added the redzone and its only 7bucks to boot. The Sprint live app took a tremendous leap last week and the updates coming today sound very good so I dont feel like I'm settling at all. I also thought that the NFL was charging everybody to listen to the live streams now. (maybe not vzw since they were the top bidder for NFL rights.)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast