Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    ....i'm trying to get Sprint users to get the devoloper to update the Palm version. They (the app dev) don't even have WebOS as a support OS. And I'm sure this goes for any Pre/Pixi owner with this app. And by they way if any of you do fantasy football through yahoo, espn,fox, and cbs sports through this Sprint app you can link your team to it. I've played on it with my wifes phone and it's nice....really nice.

Really guys don't want to seem like I'm begging but go grab someone elses phone that not a Pre/Pixi and open the Sprint Football Live app. Then you will see what I mean....nice. All the team info you need. News....all you need. Fantasy....linked to the app. So go email the dev!

http://support.gotvnetworks.com/sfl/
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/16/2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Do not debate moderator actions in open forum...send PM
    My g/f's LG LX370 has the same lame SFL as my Pre does.
    I just checked her phone again and it did have an update to the app that brought back most of the functionality but in a totally new layout.

I've been email Sprint about the problem but so far they don't quite seem to get that the update wasn't released for webOS. They just tell me to txt 7777 to re-download the app which of course doesn't work on our phones.

I still haven't heard anything back from emailing the developer.
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    SO with the season begining in a few weeks.... anyone know if the football app will be updated before then? As it is now... this app sucks. Albeit they do have "work in progress" or under construction post.
  5.    #25  
    I've made note of this many times. There is and updated app available through Sprint but that doesn't work for our Pre's due to the app catalouge. I can say that it's nice IMO. It's got links to most of the fantasy football sites (yahoo, cbs, fox, espn). I emailed them and Sprint about this and was kinda reassured by Sprint that it should be updated by start of football season. The app dev hasn't sent me anything but a reply saying they received my complaint.
    glad I'm not the only one freaking out about this. My co workers sprint HTC has a cool sprint live football app and I'm like yea I can look at injuries and a couple blogs. Hope they get this going soon.
    Finally got a response from the developer:
    We will be having an updated PalmOS version live by this coming Thursday, just
    in time for the college games and regular season games to kickoff.
    Hopefully they mean webOS.
    I just received an email stating that sprint football live will be up and running by this thursday 9-2 for webOS.....in time for the start of college and nfl football.

oh crap just noticed that! palmOS?
    Last edited by makatram; 08/30/2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: palmOS not webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by jmad328is View Post
    i will also miss the official app, hope sprint gives us something at least halfway decent in its place
    I think sprint gave us ESPN channel after they lost the nfl network.
    this was awhile ago.
  10.    #30  
    Well I got a text also of an update but to me it didn't sound very promising but I'll believe it when I see it. I've been playing with the Sprint version on other phones and I'm almost to the point of trading out phones to get mt fantasy football on. I know...i know....football over My Pre...ummmm yeah. I'm a football junkie and it's calling me (scratching my arm madly)
    Are you guys looking for the Sprint app for NFL news or fantasy-based info?

FYI - dbarkman is building a Yahoo Fantasy Football app. Follow here for when he releases the beta...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ming-soon.html
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Finally got a response from the developer:

Hopefully they mean webOS.
    I think they meant Red-Headed-Step-ChildOS...
    Anyone out there have a Treo or Centro that can tell us if SFL was ever updated for those?
    Anyone out there have a Treo or Centro that can tell us if SFL was ever updated for those?
    The only platform I know that has rcvd the update is the Android platform. See anyone with a Sprint Android phone and that's what the app will look like.

I checked out my friend's EVO and the fantasy section just has links to the web-based sites for Yahoo, ESPN, etc. This app will be more informational than anything else.
    I just wanted to know if people using Palm OS had an updated app yet or not. Trying to see if the guy that emailed us back just confused Palm OS and webOS.

All the regular phones, that can run Java, have received the update as well.
    Last edited by alpinejag; 08/31/2010 at 07:02 PM.
    I just wanted to know if people using Palm OS had an updated app yet or not. Trying to see if the guy that emailed us back just confused Palm OS and webOS.

All the regular phones, that can run Java, have received the update as well.
    checked my wife's Centro - there is NO football app. Since the Centro does not update OTA that I know of, she would have to go in and manually do an update. I think that is true for all Palm OS phones, correct?
    It's been updated!
    Sounds like there is more to come on the 9th:

Current Drive w/ Field Chart
    Scoring Summery
    Play by Play
    Drive Summaries
    Player Game Stats
    Team Game Stats
    Game Previews and recaps
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Not quite as good as the NFL app yet, but MUCH better now.
    Wow... the new app is one ugly, ugly interface.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast