Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1.    #21  
    Just wanted to give this thread a nice little update.

    Remember to post your thoughts on this!

    Suggestion Swype on WebOS
    Sprint Love
  2. #22  
    The phones Palm has now do not have an official virtual keyboard, much less a way to do a keyboard replacement such as swype (currently).
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  3.    #23  
    Yes, you're right about any WebOS phones not having a virtual keyboard (by Palm/HP) but there are homebrew keyboards that are available.
    Sprint Love
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Yes, you're right about any WebOS phones not having a virtual keyboard (by Palm/HP) but there are homebrew keyboards that are available.
    Swype isn't going to make a keyboard for people to hack in to the framework.
    I'm sure it will come along when the framework supports keyboard replacements, but right now, it doesn't.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  5. #25  
    Hey all - just listened to the plamcast & one of the app reviews was for a vitrual keyboard app (not patch) that supports swype.....did anyone catch the name?

    Can't find it in the app cat / preware....

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    Hey all - just listened to the plamcast & one of the app reviews was for a vitrual keyboard app (not patch) that supports swype.....did anyone catch the name?

    Can't find it in the app cat / preware....

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    My keyboard app, WOG O.S.K., has slide to type - but it's not the same thing Swype does. You slide to the letter and pause on it to type. With Swype, you can slide (gesture) over an entire word on the keyboard and it knows what you typed.

    What Palmcast?
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  7. #27  
    Cool! That *is* my app!

    54:30 into the Palmcast.

    Thanks for the review PC!

    http://www.precentral.net/palmcast-125-news-roundup
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  8. #28  
    glad you found it....

    so i'm guessing that swype is proprietry software so the only way to get it would be for HPalm to licence it from the developer.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    glad you found it....

    so i'm guessing that swype is proprietry software so the only way to get it would be for HPalm to licence it from the developer.
    Exactly. Either that, or Palm opens up the framework to allow for true virtual keyboards and Swype can make an application we can install. Android has virtual keyboards on their phones, and allows for developers to create keyboard replacements for the existing keyboard. You simply download and install the app.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Exactly. Either that, or Palm opens up the framework to allow for true virtual keyboards and Swype can make an application we can install. Android has virtual keyboards on their phones, and allows for developers to create keyboard replacements for the existing keyboard. You simply download and install the app.

    The Palm tablet will have a VKB so here's hoping...
  11. #31  
    Swype is not the only such kind keyboard, Casio has one on the commando and i am not sure but there are likely similar ones elsewhere on the market.. so while we may not get swype without an official license does not mean someone much smarter than i couldn't possibly figure out a worth while solution to bring us a similar functioning virtual keyboard in the home brew area
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    This looks cool but I think I'd rather have Graffiti I or II on my Pre.

    I have used both. Swype is very elegant and easy. All would love in in minutes of use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions