Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    While running sprint navigation and having the phone on the charger (touchstone, auto, or usb) it still will drain the battery pretty quickly even though it should be charging. Anybody else have this problem or are there some settings i can change so at the very least the charger will maintain the charge level while using the gps navigation? It would be nice to not have to keep closing sprint navigation just to keep the battery from dying even though its plugged in.
    I have that issue to .. what I did that helped was buy an adapter that plugs into the cig, and accepts either a regular plug in, or a USB cord ... it stays charged better than using the car charger
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    i've tried that. i just rigged up a touchstone charger in my car today also and was hoping it would be a little better since it seems to charge quicker on there. but even though the car charger i got with that draws more power from the car it still can't keep up.

maybe ill try the navit program and see if it is any better.
    It seem like you're draining batt power, far more than charging it. I don't think it should be doing that though. Have you ever try a new battery? I more think it's a battery problem.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    i'll try my old stock palm battery and see if it does it too. i have a seidio 1350 in there right now and it holds a decent charge doing everything else.
    Your car's power supply is not putting out enough juice. I can run Nav and stream Pandora and still charge my Pre up to 100 %l
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    can you recommend a charger that will do this?
    i just bought a touchstone/auto adapter combo (only $10) from verizon (even though i have a sprint phone) and it charges quickly otherwise. i know the touchstone only works with chargers that put out a certain amount of power (1 amp i think) so i would think the one i have is near the higher end of output.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    i changed the setting in sprintnav that makes teh backlight use the system defaults and that has solved the problems. i actually chagned that setting a few days ago and it still stayed on all the time until i restarted the phone.

i also downloaded and tried navit. its not really an option at this point. doesnt save any settings, while scrolling around the map it keeps reseting to the current position, and you can't just type an address in to navigate to. there is a place to navigate to a town then a street but after typing the street name there is no okay box to hit or if you type enter it just puts a square box in the input area. hopefully, they can continue to work and improve on the base they have right now.
    My experience has shown that battery drain while using nav on the charger is location dependent. I tend to use my phone as nav when I am traveling and just don't want to throw the Garmin Nuvi in my bag.

What I have noticed is that when I am in populated areas where the cell gets good signal and does not have to roam etc., my battery will charge and I have no issues. However when away from top notch cell service, the cell radio is pulling so much juice, and the same time the GPS radio is, that the charger cannot keep up.

On a trip in CO I actually a 100% battery to 0% while plugged in while driving in the mountains with Nav on. Conversely, while in Denver it charged from about 35% to over 90% in about an hour of city driving while using Nav.