Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I came across this app and some of the comments are pretty out there. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel offended. I'm interested in hearing others reactions to this app.

Click comments and you'll see what I'm talking about....

myAppBox Palm Pre Apps and Pixi Apps : Search Results ninja please
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/31/2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: clarified title
    No.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    yes and no.... Words are not racist intent is... You shouldn't be so offended..Ninja please is actually pretty pc.
    No, according to the definition as long as there is no intent to discriminate or prejudice any individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics.

Definition of RACISM
    1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2: racial prejudice or discrimination
    Ninja / Warrior / Wizard / Rogue... those are CLASSES...
    race would be like elf / human / orc... etc
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

How could this app even be remotely racist?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It's not the app but the name of the app. Ninja please is also synonymous with n!gga please. At least according to Urban Dictionary.
    ok time to break it down. Ninja is the new word for the old N word. It doesn't replace the one ending in "er" but the one you get from spelling "saggin" backwords. So that being said it just as bad or good as you would let "saggin" be. My suggestion is stay from that type of use of ninja. Ninja has join the family of racist words like "****," "cotten picker," and ect. I'm black I should freakin know!
    the word ninja is now being uses a subsitute to common derogatory slang for black people. The phrase 'ninja please' is a play on a phrase previously used sarcastically by black people which included said derrogatory term. It's unclear wether the devs intention is to offend anyone, but these are the facts.

PS Recently, a school teacher was fired for referring to her black students as 'ninjas' on facebook.
    Quite obvious where the name comes from, I think it's a stupid and unnecessary name which is fine, because it's a stupid and unnecessary app. OP, I wouldn't waste my time giving a damn, tbh. And I probably would cease reading the comments to this post, you know it won't end well.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Give a racist enough time and they can turn any word into a racial epithet. I for one don't believe 'ninja' or 'cotton picker' are racist words. 'Cracker' is not racist either. I eat crackers all of the time. However, the context these words are used may be.

Only the developers of this app know their original intent.

Also, just because Urban Dictionary says it's true doesn't mean it is.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    Ninja / Warrior / Wizard / Rogue... those are CLASSES...
    race would be like elf / human / orc... etc
    post of the year
    Wow! Talk about making something from nothing. Trying to draw lines form stupid street slang one liners to the modern Ninja comments in pop culture is an exercise in time management what not to do's.

Mlpha's comment "I wouldn't waste my time giving a damn" is right on the money.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    NINJA PLEASE! I would be offended if I weren't a white man. I do get the humor but the creator, Half Baked Apps, is obviously a racist little punk from southern Alabama. I bet he watches NASCAR while eating cornbread.
    Really Biz? So is the show Ninja Warrior racist too? What about true ninjas in Japan? Are they racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Really Biz? So is the show Ninja Warrior racist too? What about true ninjas in Japan? Are they racist?
    Why would Ninja Warrior or Ninjas in Japan be racist? That's ridiculousness. I didn't say Ninja was racist. I didn't say Please was racist either. "Ninja Please" is offensive because of the obvious play on "N-word Please". I hope Palm pulls that app off the store even though it looks kinda fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biznitch View Post
    .....the obvious play on "N-word Please".....
    Obvious? To who exactly? I'm smack dab in the middle of STL, a place where certain segments of the populace are always talking funny, and I have yet to hear this one.

Perhaps to an over sensitive extremely small segment of the population this could offend but then due to explanations above it's also entirely their own darn fault as well.....thus completely nullifying the argument about finding it offensive.

...or something like that.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/31/2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It neither looks fun, nor racist. I could care less what happens to this app, or its reputation. It was pretty fun reading some of the comments though :P
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    lol.. although the term may have originated from a phrase used among certain ppl, this app is not racist.. my guess... its only ment to attract attention, and that it did very well in my opinion... but yea the comments on the app where funny lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Biznitch View Post
    Why would Ninja Warrior or Ninjas in Japan be racist? That's ridiculousness. I didn't say Ninja was racist. I didn't say Please was racist either. "Ninja Please" is offensive because of the obvious play on "N-word Please". I hope Palm pulls that app off the store even though it looks kinda fun.
    Do you seriously think "Ninja Please" is offensive?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast