Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    "Never go to clubs with metal detectors. Sure it feels safe inside. But what about all those ninjas waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one." - Chris Rock
    Ninja Please!!!!!!!!!

Lmao, I just had too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonky View Post
    So I came across this app and some of the comments are pretty out there. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel offended. I'm interested in hearing others reactions to this app.

Click comments and you'll see what I'm talking about....

myAppBox Palm Pre Apps and Pixi Apps : Search Results ninja please
    No. And I would "qualify" to be offended... if you know what I mean

PS: HP, Please! (no pun intended) Give us some new hardware so we have better things to discuss. (Actually, the pun was intended)

C
    Last edited by C-Note; 08/31/2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    What do you mean you "qualify"?
    I now deem "qualify" with quotes as a racist term, because it excludes those that don't "qualify".
    Since i do "qualify" too. I can't sue you at this moment but do believe when i find some way to not "qualify" the court documents will be filed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    What do you mean you "qualify"?
    I now deem "qualify" with quotes as a racist term, because it excludes those that don't "qualify".
    Since i do "qualify" too. I can't sue you at this moment but do believe when i find some way to not "qualify" the court documents will be filed.
    LOL!!!!! No need to sue me, just give me a $10 million dollar severance package and I will quietly leave.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    The running rate for sexual harrassment is 10 million, racisism is a couple of commas less.
    You mean I'll have to do BOTH to get the big bucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the word ninja is now being uses a subsitute to common derogatory slang for black people. The phrase 'ninja please' is a play on a phrase previously used sarcastically by black people which included said derrogatory term. It's unclear wether the devs intention is to offend anyone, but these are the facts.

PS Recently, a school teacher was fired for referring to her black students as 'ninjas' on facebook.
    isnt the app dev black though ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If you find this to be racist, file a report with Palm. If they get enough reports, they may pull the app.

BUT: Keep in mind that nobody but the developer knows the original intent behind the name. It may very well have been unintentional (I certainly didn't know that it was a new slang slur until today), as the developer may not have known that it was a new slang slur.

Which brings me to the next point: Who comes up with these odd slang slurs?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Which brings me to the next point: Who comes up with these odd slang slurs?

IS this a serious question?
    dave chappelle skit... great comedian.. pokes fun at racism. (Warning if you are sensitive to racial jokes DO NOT WATCH IT.. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK Thus you will never see it and never get offended)

Oh man this is hilarious. L.O.L.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
    Rick James was the baddest ninja of them all!

Getting sick tired of people trying to attach racist theme to something...for example when Resident Evil 5 was launched which was virus infested area in Africa which turned the locals into machete wielding zombies .....before the game was out some ahole was screaming racist ***. Im not white, but this is getting ridiculous....if "Ninja please" is racist so is "afro samurai" whats next?
    it's just as offensive, or inofensive as the N word. I mean the actual phrase 'The N word', the point is to say a less offensive word to get you to think of the offensive one. Like saying frak.
    apparently any word coupled with "please" becomes offensive.

My kids are no longer allowed to say Momma please pass the salad. or Daddy please read me a story. Or could I please have the dressing on the side?

I think I'm getting the hang of this logic.
    Workerb please.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I'm glad I have a name. (It's not ninja) :doh
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I came here to post this.

IMO "*****h please" is part of popular culture. It's a phrase with a particular meaning that has nothing to do with race accept that it has a racial slur in it and is there for only usable by members of that race. Ninja please allows me to use the expression affectively and appropriately without using the slur. If anything I thinks its very sensitive to sue ninja please.

Plus I've been studying ninpo taijutsu for almost 3 years now so I'll drop that N bomb all I damn well want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    apparently any word coupled with "please" becomes offensive.

My kids are no longer allowed to say Momma please pass the salad. or Daddy please read me a story. Or could I please have the dressing on the side?

I think I'm getting the hang of this logic.
    LOL
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast