1.    #1  
    does anybody how if it is at all possible to port app or what have you from android to webOS?

mostly what im thinking of is apps like Fennec (mobile firefox) or swype
    Android -> Pre is a little trickier than iPhone -> Pre. Android's SDK is built around Java whereas iPhone apps are Objective-C which is closer to the C/C++ that the PDK uses.

So...you're probably not going to see a port of Fennec any time soon.
    in another thread they are saying firefox is being worked on now that they have the PDK.
    <<Thread Renamed and Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'd love to see a port of Graffiti. Seriously, who better to appreciate the lost art of unistroke characters than the children of Palm.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would love to have TiKL (touch to talk) app so much.
    Android has a new native dev kit (NDK). This looks like the PDK, but every app needs a JAVA wrapper. Not sure how many apps use this just yet. I suspect Angry Birds is one of the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derango View Post
    Android -> Pre is a little trickier than iPhone -> Pre. Android's SDK is built around Java whereas iPhone apps are Objective-C which is closer to the C/C++ that the PDK uses.

So...you're probably not going to see a port of Fennec any time soon.
    PDK only allows you to port OpenGL-ES games, not native iPhone/Android applications. C and C++ is not the same as obj-c, not to mention the Cocoa framework that all iPhone applications make use of.