1.    #1  
    I am very interested in purchasing Off Remote for the iPhone, but have been having issues with the lite version. Every time I log into a computer with the iPhone and wait for the option to be available, I get the message that the "Computer Has Disconnected" and it takes me back to the computer select screen. I have only managed to get this to work a couple of times, and it usually takes several attempts to do it.

I am running:
    Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, and Windows 7 Home Premium. (Testing on 3 different computers)
    iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.2
    Linksys WRT54GL Router running DD-WRT v24 SP2 (mini)
    Off-Helper 2.02

I have disabled all firewalls (Windows and router) and do not have another software firewall, and continue to get this error. I'm afraid to spend $3 on this app and have it not work most of the time.

If anyone knows where the issue could be, I would greatly appreciate some guidance on this. This can be a great app if I can get it to work, but I'm at the end of what I can think of.

Also, I have VLC Remote (paid version) and everything works just fine, so I don't know if that helps troubleshooting.
    Last edited by smoker68x; 08/30/2010 at 10:28 PM.
    hi,

this setup all looks very standard, and clearly the remote is making a connection (which then gets disconnected).

the logic in the remote is that it checks the connection every second. If it can't keep that, then after 5ish seconds it calls the connection 'disconnected'.

normally the things that would cause this are
    1) network is overloaded (p2p apps??)
    2) really bad connection (long range wireless connection?)

the new helper on the mac version now uses https to keep the connection which should be more stable. We're working on the update for the windows version which may help you.

hopefully that gives you some help...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    1) network is overloaded (p2p apps??)
    I've tried it with no other network activity (closed all p2p apps)

2) really bad connection (long range wireless connection?)
    I'm only 10 feet from the router, and the PC is hardwired directly to the router.

the new helper on the mac version now uses https to keep the connection which should be more stable. We're working on the update for the windows version which may help you.
    Maybe that will help, I guess I'll wait and see... I was just concerned since VLC Remote works just fine (paid and free versions). I thought I might have been doing something wrong, or missed a step somewhere...