Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As discussed in the "BBC Radio App?" thread, BeebListen is a BBC On-Demand application that gives access to the BBC iPlayer audio content. I've released it for review by palm to the UK application catalogue.

I've since updated it to work outside the UK, by getting it to recognise that the UK streams are not available and attaching to what I think are the "international" streams. But, of course, as I'm in the UK I don't have a satisfactory way of testing that. I've also added access to the live broadcast streams.
    I would be very grateful if somebody outside the UK would be kind enough to give it a try and provide some feedback.

It's called BeebListen Beta and is available from the palm beta repository.

Many thanks
    Hi, outside of UK and the streams (on-demand & live) don't work
    Based on the title, I though this was going to be a Justin Beiber music player or something. Ya know since "Beeb" sounds like "Beib".
    Brilliant app - very useful for me For the record the live streams all seem to be broken this morning.

Keep up the excellent work
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Brilliant app - very useful for me For the record the live streams all seem to be broken this morning.

Keep up the excellent work
    Glad you're finding it useful.
    Yes, the live streams are erratic rather than broken. The Pre just doesn't seem to like them. It's a shame as the on-demand streams are handled very well and I have found them to be rock solid.

I presume you are in the UK?
    I haven't had any successful reports of it working outside the UK at all yet, which is a bit disappointing as I thought I'd found the key to accessing the international streams.
    I am indeed from the UK - I wouldn't be surprised if you can't get it working as the BBC are pretty hot on blocking International users. Shame about the live feeds but I will keep trying. Cheers!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I am indeed from the UK - I wouldn't be surprised if you can't get it working as the BBC are pretty hot on blocking International users. Shame about the live feeds but I will keep trying. Cheers!
    Alas, I suspect you are right about the international access. The streams I'm attaching to for users outside the UK are labelled as "International" but I fear that that the protocol that the pre is compatible with is blocked for non-uk ip addresses.
    streams don't work for me either in Republic of Ireland :-(
    From Orlando, Florida - your app doesnt seem to work here. It spins and spins but doesnt start up. So much for getting proper news here!
  10.    #10  
    Ok, many thanks for giving it ago.
    It obviously doesn't work outside the UK. I've withdrawn the app from all but the UK app catalogue (before it gets any more bad reviews on the catalog !)
    I am in the UK, and yeah it doesnt really seem to work, can't wait till it does though, if you need a beta tester id be more then glad to help out
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I am in the UK, and yeah it doesnt really seem to work, can't wait till it does though, if you need a beta tester id be more then glad to help out
    It should work fine in the UK. What problems are you getting?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Live streams don't work for me, and I'm in England. The iPlayer stuff works however, great! I don't mind the live streams not working, I have a DAB radio for that
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    Live streams don't work for me, and I'm in England. The iPlayer stuff works however, great! I don't mind the live streams not working, I have a DAB radio for that
    I've been working on the handling of the live audio streams and have released another beta version 1.0.6. It should appear in the beta app catalog shortly.
    Live streams should work consistently now. The problem with the on demand streams where occasionally you had to stop and start it to get it going should also be fixed.
    Is it possible to make this available for the rest of the world as well? ie North America? looks good and would really like it available on my phone. Thanks
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is it possible to make this available for the rest of the world as well? ie North America? looks good and would really like it available on my phone. Thanks
    Sorry, no, the audio streams that the application attaches to are only available within the UK. The streams that the BBC do make available internationally are not compatible with webos (at the moment)
    When should we expect to see the live streams version hit the app catalog?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepflower View Post
    When should we expect to see the live streams version hit the app catalog?
    It has been with Palm for almost a week now. I'm hoping it will be in the next couple of days. This is my first webos app, so I'm not sure how quickly they review app updates.
    hi, first of all many thanks for your work on this, very useful to me.

I've been playing with this over the weekend. Sometimes the live streams work perfectly while others (like right now) there is a Norman Collier like stutter. I am using it completely over a strong WIFI connection . Please keep developing this as we are desperate for UK apps.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by shebaswhiskers View Post
    hi, first of all many thanks for your work on this, very useful to me.

I've been playing with this over the weekend. Sometimes the live streams work perfectly while others (like right now) there is a Norman Collier like stutter. I am using it completely over a strong WIFI connection . Please keep developing this as we are desperate for UK apps.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning to release another version, after the current pending release, that adds bluetooth wireless support and the ability to select favourite series and favourite searches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast