Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    "Sorry, the beta has expired" It's telling me... I'm confused? Since when did Beta become code for shareware? Unless it just means I need to update it, in which case why not say that in the first place!

EDIT: My bad, beta does mean shareware. How depressing. Well it was fun while it lasted at least.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    "Sorry, the beta has expired" It's telling me... I'm confused? Since when did Beta become code for shareware? Unless it just means I need to update it, in which case why not say that in the first place!

EDIT: My bad, beta does mean shareware. How depressing. Well it was fun while it lasted at least.
    Yes, sorry, like most beta software, it did have an expiry date on it. The main point of the beta was to check if it worked for people outside the UK, and I quickly found out it didn't!
    Hi expectingtofly,

I'd like to buy the full version but I'm a bit concerned because in the most recent beta the live streams didn't work for me (Pre Plus, O2 UK living near London) - would you be able to guarantee the live streams will work? If so I'd gladly pay as this is a nice app.

Thanks.
    You know what, don't worry about responding to that - you're a good dev & I'd like to support you. Off to buy the app now

PS. Keep the UK-friendly apps coming!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Hi expectingtofly,

I'd like to buy the full version but I'm a bit concerned because in the most recent beta the live streams didn't work for me (Pre Plus, O2 UK living near London) - would you be able to guarantee the live streams will work? If so I'd gladly pay as this is a nice app.

Thanks.
    All I can say is, I use it every day myself, and it works for me. However, the code that handles the live stream is the same in the current live as in the most recent beta (1.0.6). Let me know if you have problems and we'll try and find out what's going on.
    Here's the sequence you should see : On pressing "play" you should get an "initialising" then a "buffering" in the status box, then eventually a "playing" once it starts after a second or 2. Sometimes it sticks on "buffering" while the webos audio code is waiting for the data to start flowing from the BBC, but never seems to get going. I don't know why, as it is happening at a level lower than the app code.
    If this happens press stop and play again and it should go through the sequence again and start streaming
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'd love to buy it if I wasn't

1: Short on cash
    2: Unable to use my main debit card
    3: Despite two attempts unable to get a valid PIN number for my O2 Money card I SPECIFICALLY got for my Palm device.

SO ANNOYING! It's beggars belief that I can't just use my normal debit card, I mean, heck, it's only a Visa Debit card, you don't see iPhones or Android phones having this problem =/
    I used the Beta for a while - it seemed to work great. However, I could not find Five Live Sports Extra even when I knew it was broadcasting. This is what I want this player for as I don't have a digital radio so I can listen to cricket/tennis/rugby league etc. Is this station available on the paid version?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_twite View Post
    I used the Beta for a while - it seemed to work great. However, I could not find Five Live Sports Extra even when I knew it was broadcasting. This is what I want this player for as I don't have a digital radio so I can listen to cricket/tennis/rugby league etc. Is this station available on the paid version?
    It was there! Just a bit hidden. It's right at the bottom of the list under BBC 1Xtra. Just scroll the list up to get to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    It was there! Just a bit hidden. It's right at the bottom of the list under BBC 1Xtra. Just scroll the list up to get to it.
    Thanks for that. I was wondering where it was.

Great app and well worth the money. Just what I have been waiting/hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    I'd love to buy it if I wasn't

1: Short on cash
    2: Unable to use my main debit card
    3: Despite two attempts unable to get a valid PIN number for my O2 Money card I SPECIFICALLY got for my Palm device.

SO ANNOYING! It's beggars belief that I can't just use my normal debit card, I mean, heck, it's only a Visa Debit card, you don't see iPhones or Android phones having this problem =/
    Wouldn't this be better directed at Palm/o2/Visa rather than the developer?
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Brilliant thanks. I have bought, and am now enjoying. Thank you very much
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.
    Thanks for your work on this great app. Look forward to getting the update for bluetooth stereo support which will make this a 5 star app for me.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by shumon View Post
    Thanks for your work on this great app. Look forward to getting the update for bluetooth stereo support which will make this a 5 star app for me.
    Coincidently, the latest update has just been approved by palm. This includes a change that should ensure the bluetooth audio works. Please let me know if that aspect works for you. It should arrive in the app catalog in the next few hours, if it is not there already.
    It also adds the ability to set up favourites and some other minor fixes around starting up streams and the names of the items in the program list.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 09/13/2010 at 01:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12