1.    #1  
    Yet when I click "Show Updates" and it goes to the app list screen, no actual updates are available?!
    you are better off just using the app catalog to look for updates. Open the catalog, clock on the shopping bag in the lower right. After a moment or two a button will appear if there are updates to any of your apps.

That will save you frustration.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Most likey your palm profile (held at Palm) thinks you have an app that was installed at some point, but currently is not installed. You need to PM HardBeatZ. He will tell you which particular app or apps need to be reinstalled.

HardBeatZ is on the precentral boards. He helped me solve the very same problem. I believe he actually works at palm. Good luck.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Most likey your palm profile (held at Palm) thinks you have an app that was installed at some point, but currently is not installed. You need to PM HardBeatZ. He will tell you which particular app or apps need to be reinstalled.

HardBeatZ is on the precentral boards. He helped me solve the very same problem. I believe he actually works at palm. Good luck.
    I sent him a PM! Let's see what happens. Oddly the PM I sent isn't showing in my "sent" folder. I guess it takes a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you are better off just using the app catalog to look for updates. Open the catalog, clock on the shopping bag in the lower right. After a moment or two a button will appear if there are updates to any of your apps.

That will save you frustration.
    This brings me to the same app list, but thanks.
    In Spanish, webos means balls. One more reason to love your Palm.

Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus from January 2010 - September 2011
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Chocolate Salty Balls View Post
    This brings me to the same app list, but thanks.
    While this is true, updates shown here have always worked for me. I have experienced the very same thing you mention in your first post. There is an update available, but the linkage to the regular app catalog view has not been made. Clicking on the shopping bag takes you to a deeper view, showing only apps currently installed, and from there, the linkage is solid to updates, the update has always worked for me from there.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've found the same thing. No matter how often I check for updates, it always tells me there are updates available, whether or not there REALLY are updates available. Don't think it's EVER told me there are No Updates Available.
    @OP... this has been an ongoing quirk in the webOS system and is a know issue. There are many threads here about it - take a look at the following thread and see if the suggestion helps you out:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...te-issues.html
    PM hardbeatz. He will solve it for you as he did for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I've found the same thing. No matter how often I check for updates, it always tells me there are updates available, whether or not there REALLY are updates available. Don't think it's EVER told me there are No Updates Available.
    That's because it is telling you that SOMETHING in the catalog is updated, which is always the case. It takes you to your list of apps, and after a few seconds you should get a button in the lower right corner of that list telling you if YOUR apps have updates.

It is less confusing if you just look in the app catalog to start with. Click the shopping bag at the bottom, and wait a few moments to see if your app list has updates...

Works every time. The "update app" is useless except for grabbing new webOS updates, which only happen every few months...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    been getting that phantom update from the update app for almost a yr now. You only need that update app for os updates. As other posters have said,,dont even use it. Go right to app catolog,,thats where you check for your app updates like they said above.
  11.    #11  
    HardBeatZ got in contact with me via private message. Thanks all.

I used to get those all the time too...There were things in my life that bothered me, but that wasn't one of them
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    In the first few months of ownership it actually used to tell me that there were no updates available. Weird huh?