Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I saw it in the App Catalog, but the description isn't well written, and there was no demo video. That, and lack of reviews, made me give it a miss. With this, its features were covered in articles on PreCentral so I knew what to expect.

I even checked back a few times on your app in the catalog to see if a video had been uploaded or if anyone had reviewed it, but there wasn't much activity...
    It's not my app, just one I happen to use.

I've noticed a trend in PreCentral articles that any app they write about is often the "first of its kind."

When in reality it's simply the "first of its kind to have an article written about it in PreCentral".

I saw a similar thing happen with the "Profiles" app, which PreCentral heralded as "an app that finally brings profile support to WebOS" :lol:.

It probably makes sense for me to notify the developer of Web2Phone that if they want credit for releasing this type of app first, they had better ask for a PreCentral article.
    3) Definitely want to add Phone-to-PC capability. I'm working on a solution already!
    Excellent to hear, I'm sooooooo sick of emailing crap to myself. ::ignoring the possibility this solution will involve email..... ::

Also, would it be possible to add backgrounding? Basically so the app starts whenever you reset and stuff.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Er, I'm not sure if I understand your answer. I have Internalz and Preware installed but the URL for the homebrew does not get copied over to the Neato app so there is no way for me to open the URL via either Preware or Internalz. Neato gives a notification that a "message" was received but when I open up Neato, it is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    The bookmarklet is prepped for the update to neato! coming tomorrow, but the version of neato! on your phone doesn't support it.

However, if you install Internalz from Preware, Internalz will launch ready to install the IPK file.

Tomorrow you'll be able to decide between Preware and Internalz
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    How does this app work so fast?

Extremely kuwel app!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, I can not see a possible way that Neato! could be causing this google account problem, and trust the author of Neato! (who is a respected developer in our community).

-- Rod

Cook guys, thanks for the input. It must have been a timely coincidence. I wanted to make sure I got it out there to either confirm or be squashed completely. Will be downloading Neato again!
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It's not my app, just one I happen to use.

I've noticed a trend in PreCentral articles that any app they write about is often the "first of its kind."

When in reality it's simply the "first of its kind to have an article written about it in PreCentral".

I saw a similar thing happen with the "Profiles" app, which PreCentral heralded as "an app that finally brings profile support to WebOS" :lol:.

It probably makes sense for me to notify the developer of Web2Phone that if they want credit for releasing this type of app first, they had better ask for a PreCentral article.
    I'll be honest, I did research before I wrote neato! and I couldn't find any other app. That speaks about the developer, not the blogs. I've managed to garner a steady userbase because of my foursquare app, which is somewhat high profile because foursquare is high profile right now. Because of that userbase, when I tweeted about neato!, people Rt'd it and PreCentral picked up on it, and so did webOSRoundup and EverythingPre.

I just bought WebToPhone and it's a nice looking app. It's similar to neato! in that you get a 5 digit code you enter in on a website to and you can then send data to your phone, however, it's not 1-click like neato! is.

I think my app and WebToPhone might work for different people, but if you want an app that you can "set it and forget it", neato! will fill that need.

Granted, I only used WebToPhone for a little bit, so correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I could tell, you need the full card open, then you have to set it in "receive mode", then go to a web page on your browser, paste in the URL or text in a box and send it, then copy and paste the URL/text from the app on your phone into the web browser or email or whatever. On neato!, you just click a button in your browser and the website opens up on your phone, or text can be emailed or SMSd in one tap.

But again, different use cases for different people. Some might like WebToPhone, some might want neato!. Whatever works best for you, buy it and use it.
    I couldn't get neato! to work when trying to install an ipk from preware. it said "received" on my phone, but nothing popped up or happened subsequent to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I couldn't get neato! to work when trying to install an ipk from preware. it said "received" on my phone, but nothing popped up or happened subsequent to that.
    Right now, it will only work on Internalz and Preware 3.3, but after Palm approves the newest version of neato! 0.7, it'll let you choose and it'll work more efficiently.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mksand28
    what i did was right click on the blue link and add to favorites then click on favorites find the neato favorite i just saved right click on it and add it to the favorites bar works well
    Worked like a charm. Thanks dude.
    When I do that, I do not have the option to send it to the favorites bar. Any suggestions without switching my browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    When I do that, I do not have the option to send it to the favorites bar. Any suggestions without switching my browser?
    msybe u could try importing ur saved bookmarks from ur other browser to internet explorer
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Official Neato! Support Thread
    [*]When the Neato! app is not running, or when the screen is off, it'd be nice if messages could be queued up at the server and then delivered to me.
    +1 +1!

At first I thought it was b/c I was under clokcing at 350 mhz when screen was off. I swear I've gotten it to work with the screen off, but it would seem those were more of a fluke.

Even if mesages weren't queued up, at elast getting emssages while screen was off would be ideal, even before Phone to PC function IMHO.

--MGb
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Awesome APP! I have my wife send me stuff from the comp while I'm at work or at school, and Im too busy to look it up.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    this app is amazing!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I absolutely love this app. Is there a change log anywhere?

During last night's PalmCast folks in the chat room were complaining that the latest update of Neato! had many bugs introduced.

Has that been resolved with a newer version?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Web2Phone looks like a VOIP system.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've been using this app for a few days now and I like it. But it seems to eat up battery power at a significant rate when the dashboard is running in the background but without actually sending anything to the phone.
    And I've noticed what could be a couple of bugs:
    1) Tapping on the VIEW HISTORY button sometimes produces nothing even though I have recently sent a number of messages.
    2) Sometimes the dashboard appears as a blank white strip at the bottom of the screen.
    3) Sometimes it takes more than one click of the Neato! bookmarklet on my browser for the message to be sent to my phone. And this is when the phone's screen is lit up.

Otherwise, this is a very useful app. Currently running version v0.7.1
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    Have you tried right-clicking the link and selecting Add to Favorites? If Favorites Bar isn't an option, just save it anywhere in your favorites. It'll work just fine from your Favorites menu.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    +1 +1!

At first I thought it was b/c I was under clokcing at 350 mhz when screen was off. I swear I've gotten it to work with the screen off, but it would seem those were more of a fluke.

Even if mesages weren't queued up, at elast getting emssages while screen was off would be ideal, even before Phone to PC function IMHO.

--MGb
    v0.7.1 has added a history list of the last 10 messages sent to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I absolutely love this app. Is there a change log anywhere?

During last night's PalmCast folks in the chat room were complaining that the latest update of Neato! had many bugs introduced.

Has that been resolved with a newer version?
    I don't have a changelog published yet, but I will soon.

v0.7.1 fixed the bugs that 0.7.0 introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I've been using this app for a few days now and I like it. But it seems to eat up battery power at a significant rate when the dashboard is running in the background but without actually sending anything to the phone.
    1) Tapping on the VIEW HISTORY button sometimes produces nothing even though I have recently sent a number of messages.
    2) Sometimes the dashboard appears as a blank white strip at the bottom of the screen.
    3) Sometimes it takes more than one click of the Neato! bookmarklet on my browser for the message to be sent to my phone. And this is when the phone's screen is lit up.

It shouldn't eat up any battery power. When your screen is off, neato! disconnects from the server and uses virtually 0 battery. It reconnects when your screen is back on. Let me know if this problem persists.

The History gets wiped periodically. I don't have control over this as I'm piping the messages through PubNub.

I'm aware of the blank white Dash and Cards. Working on fixing that,. Thanks!

Sometimes it'll be slow. This is all dependent on server load, your PC's internet connection, and your phone's internet connection.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    you're not alone :
    http://forums.precentral.net/zhephre...ml#post2651294

UPDATE: oh i just saw Zhefree has answered:
    I'm aware of the blank white Dash and Cards. Working on fixing that,. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    It shouldn't eat up any battery power. When your screen is off, neato! disconnects from the server and uses virtually 0 battery. It reconnects when your screen is back on. Let me know if this problem persists.
    So, the phone should not be receiving any messages through neato! when the screen is off? I've found this not always to be the case, which would indicate that the phone is sometimes still connected to the server even while it is in sleep mode. That could explain the increased battery consumption.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast