Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 89
  1. ecoleye's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    It is possible the filters are blocking access to the PubNub servers. Give it a whirl at home and report back to me.
    It did work at home, but it's still a no-go at work, which is unfortunate, because I do about 90% of my web surfing here (don't tell my boss).

    I'm still a bit baffled by this, because (a) the filters aren't overly strict here - basically facebook and pr0n are blocked (not that I've tried); and (b) I accessed pubnub-prod.appspot.com without a problem.

    Anything else I can try?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    It did work at home, but it's still a no-go at work, which is unfortunate, because I do about 90% of my web surfing here (don't tell my boss).

    I'm still a bit baffled by this, because (a) the filters aren't overly strict here - basically facebook and pr0n are blocked (not that I've tried); and (b) I accessed pubnub-prod.appspot.com without a problem.

    Anything else I can try?
    Hm, let me think on this a bit. Might come up with something.
  3. #43  
    I can't copy the url for a homebrew app on precentral--tried the app Derek used in the eg on the precentral homepage article and another app. Neato says message received but when the app opens all it has is a button to "generate url".

    I can successfully:
    open google maps
    open other webpages
    copy highlighted text from firefox browser

    Any suggestions?

    On the firefox browser, I've enabled scripts for precentral, google.com, zhephree (sp?) and appspot
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Standard HTTP port: 80. The server is pubnub-prod.appspot.com
    hhm that's strange as 80/443 is unrestricted in the wifi, but it works as soon as as i connect to 3G.

    i opened a terminalsession on the pre (netstat -tucn > conns.txt) before, with and after running neato! and found a connection to: ec2-184-72-51-46.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com [184.72.51.46] on Port 8801 .
    Is this just coincidence or could this be the problematic port for my wifi?

    Edit: together with that 8801 port the 80 Port connections to p3slh202.shr.phx3.secureserver.net [72.167.131.217] were also closing on closing the neato app
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I can't copy the url for a homebrew app on precentral--tried the app Derek used in the eg on the precentral homepage article and another app. Neato says message received but when the app opens all it has is a button to "generate url".

    I can successfully:
    open google maps
    open other webpages
    copy highlighted text from firefox browser

    Any suggestions?

    On the firefox browser, I've enabled scripts for precentral, google.com, zhephree (sp?) and appspot
    The bookmarklet is prepped for the update to neato! coming tomorrow, but the version of neato! on your phone doesn't support it.

    However, if you install Internalz from Preware, Internalz will launch ready to install the IPK file.

    Tomorrow you'll be able to decide between Preware and Internalz
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    hhm that's strange as 80/443 is unrestricted in the wifi, but it works as soon as as i connect to 3G.

    i opened a terminalsession on the pre (netstat -tucn > conns.txt) before, with and after running neato! and found a connection to: ec2-184-72-51-46.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com [184.72.51.46] on Port 8801 .
    Is this just coincidence or could this be the problematic port for my wifi?
    I think PuBnub does use amazonaws for some things, however, that's a weird port. I don't think SDK apps can change ports. But it's possible the underlying PubNub API lib I'm using does.
  7. #47  
    Um, how long does it take to generate a url? I'm at around 20 minutes and counting.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkcoats View Post
    Um, how long does it take to generate a url? I'm at around 20 minutes and counting.
    Whoa! Should only take a second, maybe 2.

    Tap on the dashboard notification for neato! and see what it says. If it says "Connecting..." then that means the app is having trouble connecting. If that's the case, exit the app and restart it (close the notification too). Try connecting on WiFi.
  9. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quick question; you've shown on your site the new History feature which should be coming in the next version, and say that it'll show items queued when neato! isn't running. Do you mean when the entire app, including the dashboard notification isn't running AT ALL, or only when the dashboard notification is running but the screen is off? I hope the former is possible...
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Quick question; you've shown on your site the new History feature which should be coming in the next version, and say that it'll show items queued when neato! isn't running. Do you mean when the entire app, including the dashboard notification isn't running AT ALL, or only when the dashboard notification is running but the screen is off? I hope the former is possible...
    Both are possible! I had the entire app closed, not running at all, sent a URL from my browser. Waited a few minutes, launched the app, tapped "View History" and the last message sent when the app was closed was displayed. Worked quite nicely!
  11. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #51  
    Good to hear! Sounds like a really great update!
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    The bookmarklet is prepped for the update to neato! coming tomorrow, but the version of neato! on your phone doesn't support it.
    Preware 1.3.3 supports this functionality.

    -- Rod
  13. #53  
    using this app more than i thought i would lol its good for when u find a youtube vid on your laqptop u can send the link to your pre it opens up in the youtube app and u can download it right to your pre using the video download patch
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  14. #54  
    I've had this functionality in Web2Phone for months now. How did everyone miss this app yet find this one?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I've had this functionality in Web2Phone for months now. How did everyone miss this app yet find this one?
    Maybe the front pages on PreCentral and webOS Roundup...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  16. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I've had this functionality in Web2Phone for months now. How did everyone miss this app yet find this one?
    I saw it in the App Catalog, but the description isn't well written, and there was no demo video. That, and lack of reviews, made me give it a miss. With this, its features were covered in articles on PreCentral so I knew what to expect.

    I even checked back a few times on your app in the catalog to see if a video had been uploaded or if anyone had reviewed it, but there wasn't much activity...
  17. #57  
    I installed the app today from the Palm App Catalog.

    Palm Pre+
    webOS 1.4.1.1
    UberKernal (v1.4.1) via Govnah running 500/1000 & (500 default during testing app)
    VWZ PRL 51831
    neato! v0.5.0

    After install, I launched and got the "Generate URL" button/screen. I pressed the button and got my link. I added the link to IE7 favs on my PC.
    First website I tried was Google Maps, entered a start and finish, clicked the saved unique neato! URL. Nothing happend on the "PC side of things", but within seconds my phone lit up and my Google Maps app opened with the directions that I created on the PC...perfect!

    Soon after I try a few other sites and try the "copy text" option...and I get nothing to my phone. I have the neato! app open.

    Things to note:

    When phone goes to sleep, then I wake it....the neato! icon/app is in the lower tray....when I press it I get the "footnote" (dont know what the proper term is for when the try icon expands to just a "tab") that says "Tap to launch preferences". This launches a card that stays white forever or untill I swip the neato! > edit/instuction area in the upper left. At which time I get a normal neato! card that says the original "Generate URL" button and instructions. No preferences. When I swip the upper left area I get a greyed out "Edit", "Instructions" and "About"

    Any ideas? Odd that it worked the very first time I used the URL fav ...then not again....
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I saw it in the App Catalog, but the description isn't well written, and there was no demo video. That, and lack of reviews, made me give it a miss. With this, its features were covered in articles on PreCentral so I knew what to expect.

    I even checked back a few times on your app in the catalog to see if a video had been uploaded or if anyone had reviewed it, but there wasn't much activity...
    Link?
    I can't find it searching...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  19. #59  
    What are the advantages of using this app over using things like Evernote and AddThis/Email to send these kinds of things between your phone and computer?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    What are the advantages of using this app over using things like Evernote and AddThis/Email to send these kinds of things between your phone and computer?
    Well, it will open other apps automagically without you having to open your email and copy the text or email the photo to yourself...so on. Also it's not huge like Evernote...that app was way too complicated for me.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions