Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 89
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gben83 View Post
    Great app Zhephree! I can't believe how useful it is. I do have a simple suggestion. Can you add a favicon for the generated link? It would be much easier to pick out the neato! link on my bookmarks bar in my browser.
    I'd love to! But bookmarklets (links to javascript: URLs) can't have favicons set for them, at least, not through means of dragging and dropping like we do. I totally agree, it'd be awesome.

    Maybe rename the bookmark to be in all caps? "NEATO!"
  2. #22  
    How far can you go with this app?
    How about a web page hosted locally or on your server that has various functionality such as an SMS section, to have a txt conversation without having to pick up your phone, file transfers, caller ID, etc..?
    Mock up:
    Last edited by Mannyman; 08/30/2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: fixed some typos
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  3. k91191's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    How far can you go with this app?
    How about a web page hosted locally or on your server that has various functionality such as an SMS section, to have a txt conversation without having to pick up your phone, file transfers, caller ID, etc..?
    Mock up:
    Wouldn't the sending of photos/music/videos eat up a lot of his bandwidth?
  4. ecoleye's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #24  
    I have the neato button on the bookmarks bar of my browser, but I've tried clicking it on several different browser pages with no results. My phone is "awake" and neato is docked in the notification bar.

    Is is possible that website filters here at work are preventing it from working properly?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    1) neato! uses the webOS default programs to open directions. You can change this by activating the application launcher, the tapping the application menu in the upper left of the screen and selecting "Default Applications." There, change "Directions" from Google Maps to Sprint Navigator.
    Hmm. Ok. But that's not working for me. When I send directions, e.g. from google maps on the PC, it goes to google maps on my phone, even though I have had "Sprint Navigation" set as my default for Addresses since right after that became an option. I don't remember what WebOS version that was.

    For the other questions, thanks!
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6. #26  
    OK, I admit, I'm hopeless here, so pleeease don't pile on. I've looked at the video, and I've read the comments. I think I understand what neato! does, but I don't understand why I need it. Everything that's available on your PC is already available on your phone, right? (except for the email thing) Why do I need this to send to my phone when I can just go there directly on my phone? Help me out here. Tell me why I can't live without this and help me spend my $1.43, 'cause I do like neato apps!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    How far can you go with this app?
    How about a web page hosted locally or on your server that has various functionality such as an SMS section, to have a txt conversation without having to pick up your phone, file transfers, caller ID, etc..?
    Mock up:
    I love the enthusiasm! However, all of that's really out of the scope of neato!. Neato! aims to do one thing and do it well, and right now, it does that (with a few bugs/features missing), but overall, what you see now, is what you get!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    I have the neato button on the bookmarks bar of my browser, but I've tried clicking it on several different browser pages with no results. My phone is "awake" and neato is docked in the notification bar.

    Is is possible that website filters here at work are preventing it from working properly?
    It is possible the filters are blocking access to the PubNub servers. Give it a whirl at home and report back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Hmm. Ok. But that's not working for me. When I send directions, e.g. from google maps on the PC, it goes to google maps on my phone, even though I have had "Sprint Navigation" set as my default for Addresses since right after that became an option. I don't remember what WebOS version that was.

    For the other questions, thanks!
    D'oh! It sounds like that option won't work. I'll be adding preferences for apps soon enough. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    OK, I admit, I'm hopeless here, so pleeease don't pile on. I've looked at the video, and I've read the comments. I think I understand what neato! does, but I don't understand why I need it. Everything that's available on your PC is already available on your phone, right? (except for the email thing) Why do I need this to send to my phone when I can just go there directly on my phone? Help me out here. Tell me why I can't live without this and help me spend my $1.43, 'cause I do like neato apps!
    Ok, there are a few reasons you may need this. Let's say you're reading a long article on a website and have to leave your desk, or maybe you want to sit on the couch and read it instead: you can click the neato! button and that web page will open up on your phone, instantly so you don't have to open the browser, retype the URL, etc. It's one click.

    Or let's say you look up directions to someone's house on Google Maps on your computer. You want to take the directions with you and use your phone's GPS to get you to that house, but you don't want to have to open Google Maps and retype all the directions again. One click on neato! and the Maps app opens on your phone instantly ready with the exactly same directions in it you were looking at a second ago on your computer.

    Or maybe you looked up a phone number for a business on their website. You can highlight the phone number on the website, click neato! and have it go to your phone.

    It won't be an app everyone needs, but I've heard a few people say that they didn't know they needed it until they started using it.

    If you do end up getting, thanks!
  8. #28  
    Wonderful application. Just what I have need (or at least wanted) hundreds of times. Sending address and maps to the phone from the desktop is particularly wonderful. Can't wait to see how it develops but love it the way it is.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 05:16 PM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    OK, I admit, I'm hopeless here, so pleeease don't pile on. I've looked at the video, and I've read the comments. I think I understand what neato! does, but I don't understand why I need it. Everything that's available on your PC is already available on your phone, right? (except for the email thing) Why do I need this to send to my phone when I can just go there directly on my phone? Help me out here. Tell me why I can't live without this and help me spend my $1.43, 'cause I do like neato apps!
    Convenience.
    Some people are at their PC's more than they are on their phones.
    It's Faster to just toss something to the phone from the PC you are already on; than to open up an app (web,maps, etc and retype...)

    Your phone could be charging across the room, but you want the info on your phone for later viewing.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Ok, there are a few reasons you may need this. Let's say you're reading a long article on a website and have to leave your desk, or maybe you want to sit on the couch and read it instead: you can click the neato! button and that web page will open up on your phone, instantly so you don't have to open the browser, retype the URL, etc. It's one click.

    Or let's say you look up directions to someone's house on Google Maps on your computer. You want to take the directions with you and use your phone's GPS to get you to that house, but you don't want to have to open Google Maps and retype all the directions again. One click on neato! and the Maps app opens on your phone instantly ready with the exactly same directions in it you were looking at a second ago on your computer.

    Or maybe you looked up a phone number for a business on their website. You can highlight the phone number on the website, click neato! and have it go to your phone.
    Or clicking a "Send to Preware" button on your favourite web site or news article about a new homebrew application ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #31  
    Well, all that really made sense. I can see now how convenient it could make things. Thanks for all your responses. Sounds like a good thing!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Well, all that really made sense. I can see now how convenient it could make things. Thanks for all your responses. Sounds like a good thing!
    i agree im actually intrigued by this now gonna check it out
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  13. #33  
    I like how if I right click on an image in my browser (firefox/chrome) and select "view image / Open image in new tab"; clicking Neato! then sends the image to my Pre and Internalz opens it auto-magically.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 08/30/2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: forgot a step
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I like how if I right click on an image in my browser (firefox/chrome) and select "view image / Open image in new tab"; clicking Neato! then sends the image to my Pre and Internalz opens it auto-magically.
    Be careful! That's my baby you're playing with!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  15. #35  
    thats another awesome use for this app i didnt think of that Mannyman.

    I tried to send the download link for the homebrew app Quick Event to neato and every time id get the notification on my pre saying message received and when neaato opens up the only thing showing is the generate URL page tried it several times went to a completely diff website tried copying specific text and it worked fine
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  16. #36  
    Noob here, I'm using the latest version of IE with Win7 and cannot "drag" my neato! link to the favorites bar...it just won't go. It works flawlessly on Firefox but I use IE for work. Any suggestions out there?

    Thanks.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Noob here, I'm using the latest version of IE with Win7 and cannot "drag" my neato! link to the favorites bar...it just won't go. It works flawlessly on Firefox but I use IE for work. Any suggestions out there?

    Thanks.
    what i did was right click on the blue link and add to favorites then click on favorites find the neato favorite i just saved right click on it and add it to the favorites bar works well
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    what i did was right click on the blue link and add to favorites then click on favorites find the neato favorite i just saved right click on it and add it to the favorites bar works well
    Worked like a charm. Thanks dude.
  19. #39  
    Zhephree could you tell me which ports are used on the phone-app cause it seems my company Wifi won't connect (if i go to 3G it works). Or is there an FAQ stating these ports?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Zhephree could you tell me which ports are used on the phone-app cause it seems my company Wifi won't connect (if i go to 3G it works). Or is there an FAQ stating these ports?
    Standard HTTP port: 80. The server is pubnub-prod.appspot.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions