Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Evertime I launch the digloo app, its all white, and the words are a bit gray. Whenever I open up a story it says 'type error, can't be defined'. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    yup, same here.
    I'm currently having the same issue. It's happened before and was fixed by the developer eventually. Last time, it was because Digg changed something in their systems and it ended up breaking Digloo. This seems like the same thing. The best thing to do would be notify the developer of Digloo and wait for a fix.
    Digg just switched over to a new interface that's likely the culprit. I'm guessing the app author didn't have access to the alpha/beta version of the site or didn't have enough time to rewrite his code to get out a version that works.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Digloo (DiglooApp) on Twitter

@diglooapp Thanks for being patient, everyone. Digg told me that the new Digg won't break Digloo. Hopefully they get stuff working soon!

@diglooapp The good news is that Digg's iPhone app isn't working right now either. Which means they have a vested interest in fixing the API quickly.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the quick responses guys. hopefully it'll be working soon.
    same here
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Digg still hasn't fixed their API that Digloo uses (they said they did but then they realized it was still broken).

Right now everything is out of my hands and hopefully it will work soon! Thanks for being so patient!

As posted above, I update the Digloo Twitter account whenever there is an issue so that's always a good place to get info
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    Digg just switched over to a new interface that's likely the culprit. I'm guessing the app author didn't have access to the alpha/beta version of the site or didn't have enough time to rewrite his code to get out a version that works.
    Yeah, they gave me access to the beta API but I pretty much have to rewrite Digloo in its entirety in order to use the new methods. Digg's API guys promised me that the old API would still work, but clearly something is broken!

Thanks!
    Did anyone else notice that the app was pulled from the catalog? I tried to uninstall and reinstall before I knew this was a know issue and now I can't dl. Guess I'll be following Davids twitter to keep up to date on the issue.
    IMO - Digg has screwed up big time, personally I think Kevin's ego got a little too big, thinking he could revolutionize everything again.

It makes me sad that the Digloo app doesn't work, and I'm happy to know that the dev is working on it, I'll be patient You rock rmxdave!
    The Digg website doesn't even work on webOS - mobile or desktop version. They did such a halfassed job on this and the word on fixing it is pretty much vague you'll get used to it brushoff.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem, too. but lately, I can not get the app to fully load.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrm7891 View Post
    I've had the same problem, too. but lately, I can not get the app to fully load.
    Same here. We need to wait for the app to be redesigned by the Dev.

I don't mind too much though. I understand that it was out of your control... I'll just wait patiently until the issue is fixed
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the app was pulled from the catalog? I tried to uninstall and reinstall before I knew this was a know issue and now I can't dl. Guess I'll be following Davids twitter to keep up to date on the issue.
    I did this exact same thing yesterday...uninstalled it to re-install to hopefully fix the problem, but couldn't find it anywhere on the feeds. Thanks god for these forums otherwise I wouldn't know what was happenin'!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Any updates on this app?
    Nope...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Nope...
    you don't have the issue of white on white text? ...not to mention the error message when trying to open a story...

oh crap, sorry I though you , oh nevermind, I'm an *****.

yeah, still no fix for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    you don't have the issue of white on white text? ...not to mention the error message when trying to open a story...

oh crap, sorry I though you , oh nevermind, I'm an *****.

yeah, still no fix for this...
    haha...Yeah i was answering the dudes question about updates
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    The dev has verified that he will update Digloo to work with New Digg, but he was waiting for Digg to reopen and stabilize their API (they had turned it off cause it was borked). The iPhone app apparently just started working again today, so he can probably begin working on the necessary rewrites now.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast