Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    awesome! I hope it doesn't take long to port over to the WebOS

Netflix raises curtain on iPhone instant streaming - Yahoo! News
    That'd be sweet. It'd also be great if they'd add DRM support to Moonlight and port Netflix to desktop Linux as well.
    haha just about to post same question. I saw it on engaget and was thinking that I really hope it comes to us soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeview
    Iphone gets Netflix video! Are we soon to follow?
    Sadly....I'd say no.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I just downloaded it on my girlfriends ipod touch and it works great. Looks good and loads fast. Sure wish they would push this out to webos. I don't see why they wouldn't. It would only bring them more potential customers
    Netflix video on WebOS is not out of the question - NetFlix just released MyQ on WebOS
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/myq-netflix
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Netflix video on WebOS is not out of the question - NetFlix just released MyQ on WebOS
    I don't think that's an app by Netflix, just an app that uses their API.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Also, that app has been around forever. It is a great app for Netflix users. $3 in the app catalog, highly recommended.

Also, from a presentation they gave on their business opportunities a few months back...

I don't think we're on their roadmap.
    Last edited by malpha; 08/26/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Not right now but if the rumored devices do come out and become more successful than the Pre has been so far I'm sure they'll port it.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I think you'll see it next year, especially with the webOS tablet coming out. Look at it like this: Netflix showed up on the xbox 360 a full year or so before it became available on the wii and playstation 3. Netflix appears to be trying to cover the whole spectrum of devices. So I think that you'll see it on webOS next year if Netflix flows true to their past.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I think you'll see it next year, especially with the webOS tablet coming out. Look at it like this: Netflix showed up on the xbox 360 a full year or so before it became available on the wii and playstation 3. Netflix appears to be trying to cover the whole spectrum of devices. So I think that you'll see it on webOS next year if Netflix flows true to their past.
    That's only because M$ pays Netflix out of Gold subscription fees for an exclusive native app. In October PS3 finally go discless...and not have to pay $50 a year for Live in order to use Netflix either.

It's been years and Netflix still doesn't support Linux. Palm can put out as many tablets as it wants, unless HP pays Netflix to do the app or it gains the market and mindshare that failed to get with the Pre, this is never happening.

Let us hope public perception goes differently the next launch.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    hoping for it here.
    Just out of curiosity, for those who say they want Netflix on the Pre, when would you use this?

I can't imagine looking at a screen that size for 2 hours to watch a movie. It sounds like a another gimmicky app which is utterly useless.
    I would use it on long trips, as long as I'm not driving of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Also, that app has been around forever. It is a great app for Netflix users. $3 in the app catalog, highly recommended.

Also, from a presentation they gave on their business opportunities a few months back...

I don't think we're on their roadmap.
    On the bottom of the presentation, it states and mobile. I think we count under mobile.
    Yeah, but on the logos surrounding the word mobile, you see Apple and Android. Which means that at the time of this presentation, the word moble to them means: Apple and Android. Note this was after the iPad app, before the iPhone app, and obviously before the Android app as it hasn't been released.
  17.    #17  
    I would use it on travel! Plane trips, train trips. It would be very useful to me. if only there was a way to send video out i would have netflix in my hotels too.
    I really don't think people understand the importance of putting our efforts in another direction. Instead of going after Netflix, Hulu, and those companies... start making requests for support over at PlayOn. This one service in itself allows the streaming of Hulu, Netflix, and many others to your computer (and webOS device if we can get more people to request).

I use this one service to stream all of those sites to my computer and television right now.. and if we can get more support from the community, they will bring it to webOS.

NOTE: there is a thread about this right now. Go to the site and show your support for webOS and we can get Netflix and Hulu at the same time!
    Get App-y: Netflix has new app that allows movie-watching anytime

If you have a Netflix account, you can get your movies streamed directly to your Apple hand-held device iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
    Published: August 31, 2010

Get App-y: Netflix has new app that allows movie-watching anytime | NewsOK.com

Cue the music to a familiar Broadway tune and sing along with me: "Anything you can stream, I can stream better. I can stream anything better than you.

OK, the words are a little off, but that's the phrase that's stuck in my head because of recent events involving Netflix.

Last week, Netflix announced that subscribers to the service can now stream videos directly to their iPod devices and watch them instantly with the new Netflix app.

Also, starting Wednesday, the number of theatrical movies available for instant streaming will expand thanks to a deal with Epix, so now you have a new way to get more movies anytime you want to see them. Apple is expected to make some sort of announcement Wednesday, too, possibly about video streaming through iTunes.

But let's stay focused on Netflix today, because amid this talk about instant streaming to a hand-held device, we continue to see a shift in the way we watch movies and television. Viewers now expect to watch on their own schedule, even with on-demand cable TV services from Cox Communications or AT&T.

For those who don't know, if you subscribe to the video service Netflix, you pay a monthly fee as low as $8.99 to have access to its entire DVD library. Select your movies, and the service will mail DVDs to you, one at a time or more, depending on how much you pay. In recent years, Netflix has offered many of its movies for streaming instantly through devices such as an Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or a media player.

It's that instant queue that you can now organize and watch on the go, using the free app on your Apple mobile device. I've recently started using Netflix, especially the instant option streamed through a Wii console. However, if you use the new Netflix app to stream video through your iPhone, be wary of extra mobile data charges. Also, for now, you can't use your hand-held Apple device to watch Netflix movies on television, even if you have a cable that connects the two.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I really don't think people understand the importance of putting our efforts in another direction. Instead of going after Netflix, Hulu, and those companies... start making requests for support over at PlayOn. This one service in itself allows the streaming of Hulu, Netflix, and many others to your computer (and webOS device if we can get more people to request).

I use this one service to stream all of those sites to my computer and television right now.. and if we can get more support from the community, they will bring it to webOS.

NOTE: there is a thread about this right now. Go to the site and show your support for webOS and we can get Netflix and Hulu at the same time!
    sent my email, got back that they're looking at it in the future...nothing more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast