1.    #1  
    Hello,

I need help! I've been wanting to install/buy apps via the app catalog but the problem is. I'm based overseas. I have an AT&T unlocked phone but with using an international carrier. I tried purchasing games and apps but it won't continue. Is this because I'm not based in the US? Is there another way of installing/buying apps?

Do you have any idea if 1.4.5 will still be released for AT&T Rom?

Thanks for the help!

Zy
    Basically you are screwed as far as I understand it.

I believe if you live in a country officially supported by the app store there may be a work around (webOS doctor the phone and reactive with a new profile...in your home country) but outside of that the news is bad.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-solution.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Oh well..Guess I'll settle for the free ones.. thanks!
    If your phone was first activated in the USA then you should have access to the full App Catalog - the problem is that you need 1.4.5 for a lot of the recent games. We don't know when 1.4.5 will be available for AT&T. The only people who can tell you, are AT&T.

If your phone was first activated anywhere else, you will only have the App Catalog for that country. If it's an "unofficial" country it will be severely limited.

There are multiple threads on PC about both issues.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)