1.    #1  
    I know the Pre alarm and calendar can be unreliable and has not always gone off when I had it set to do so.

I am usually pretty good about remembering, but just in case, I would like to be able to set-up a reliable reminder in my phone to take my medications.

Yes, it is that important that I don't miss them and take them at regular intervals.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I tried pocket mirror and it is the most complete in my opinion. It is a calender task and notes in one. I especially like the action button in the tasks app where you add phone mumbers, email and so on. Bad news is it costs thirty something after free trial which is one month I think. Another issue is that if the area code has the parenthesis and then a space after don't get recognized as phone number, I reported this to their chapura support and they said they sent it to the developers. Give it a try.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I would not pay $30 something to use it, when all I need is a reminder and nothing else. I wouldn't use it for any of the other stuff, so it really isn't worth it.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I thought that I had once seen a medication reminder app in the catalogue, but maybe I am mistaken. I use Outline Tracker for my reminders (and much more) but if you don't like spending money it won't help you (it is a well deserved $20).
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I know the Pre alarm and calendar can be unreliable and has not always gone off when I had it set to do so.

I am usually pretty good about remembering, but just in case, I would like to be able to set-up a reliable reminder in my phone to take my medications.

Yes, it is that important that I don't miss them and take them at regular intervals.
    I use Google Calendar to set up SMS and/or Email reminders. It hasn't let me down yet. It syncs with the Pre calendar.
    I use the Pre Alarm app "Clock" and it always works for me ?
    Do it again is a dedicated reminder app for alarm med and the rest. It has been reliable for me so far.
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.simpletouchsoftware.doitagain&applicationid=2629

Pip
    I also have "Do It Again" (plus the sister app that speaks the time out loud, so when your alarm comes up, it can tell you the time of it). It would work for your med needs.
  9.    #9  
    I'll check it out, thanks!
    I was thinking of making a med dosage app. This would incorporate the type of drugs, the timing interval (with alarms), maybe pull a bit of info on what the drug actually is, etc...

I'm still debating it, but it's something I may consider in the long term.
  11.    #11  
    If you did that, it is something I would use for both my personal use and my job!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I was thinking of making a med dosage app. This would incorporate the type of drugs, the timing interval (with alarms), maybe pull a bit of info on what the drug actually is, etc...

I'm still debating it, but it's something I may consider in the long term.
    That sounds like a terrifically useful app for some people. You would be doing a great public service. Seriously. These are the kinds of apps we need!

Thanks!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    That sounds like a terrifically useful app for some people. You would be doing a great public service. Seriously. These are the kinds of apps we need!

Thanks!
    Exactly!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I use Google Calendar to set up SMS and/or Email reminders. It hasn't let me down yet. It syncs with the Pre calendar.
    +1
    I use the clock alarms and calendar reminders and have never had a problem withe either.
    try daily tasker, its a free - http://www.dailytasker.com/
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I realize the OP has moved on but I use Timepiece for my daily reminders along with UberCalendar for appointments and meeting reminders.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47