Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I, personally speaking, don't really like the UI much. I might change it around, try to make it prettier...

Any ideas on what would make it look better?

I think the background image from jjeffcoat looks REALLY good. I just want to embelish the app more, since its pretty simple and straightforward.
    I'll help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #22  
    Another problem I discovered which appears to be related to limitatons of the search engine on the Medical Dictionary website. It appears to require a fairly exact match to find a particular entry.

Example: if you search for "Pulmonary", here is what you get:

Pulmonary was not found.
    Here are some similar sounding or spelled terms:
    Polymenorrhea
    Pulmonaria

However, if you do a Google search for Pulmonary site:http://www.online-medical-dictionary.org/
    you get several hits.

Don't know if it's possible to add the option of Google searching from within the app, or even desirable as it almost produces an overload of information.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Two suggestions I have right off:

1. Make the "Enter" key initiate a search (right now the only way is to tap the "Search" button).
    Good point! I completely forgot about that. will add that in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    2. Allow browsing by alphabet, using the links
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    like the browser version does.
    Yeah, I was thinking about this one. may end up being a little tricky. do you think the alphabet search should work like my Gray's Anatomy apps "browse" page? just a huge list of all the terms? I can throw in dividers for each letter and a filter list so when you start typing the list shortens to terms that match... something like that? or did you have something else in mind?
    @Jake: Thanks! I'll contact you for CSS help.

@jjeffcoat: Hmmm... I just did the google search. You're right. I think the search algorithm for the online dictionary looks for just the word by itself as a term, if it can't find it, it looks for similar words... Instead of looking for terms with the word inside. Don't know if that makes sense, but I THINK that's what's happening. Regardless, I'll look into adding specific google results into the app. That's a good idea.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about this one. may end up being a little tricky. do you think the alphabet search should work like my Gray's Anatomy apps "browse" page? just a huge list of all the terms? I can throw in dividers for each letter and a filter list so when you start typing the list shortens to terms that match... something like that? or did you have something else in mind?
    Not sure what the website would support. Seems to require the initial letter first, and THEN the two letter combo (Aa, Ab, etc) in order to display all of the entries.

If you play with it for a while on the website you'll see what I mean.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

v1.0.0: Pushed to Preware

fixed the background image scrolling problem.

@jjeffcoat: Hey, I dunno how it's gonna work. I guess we'll see. The filterlist should take care of any search algorithm problems. Once we have the list of terms available, the filterlist shouldn't be a problem. I'll get on that in the next few days.
  7.    #27  
    I updated to the most recent version from Preware. The using "Enter" to initiate a search is now fixed, but the difficulty I'm having now is that it seems to take 2 or 3 additional back swipes to get back to the main search page.

Is this my imagination?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Blah!

No, it's not you. I've seen it happen erratically. I can't seem to reliably recreate it so I can't pinpoint what it is. I may have a few ideas for bugfixes and will try to get to them in the next few days. See if I can repair it.
    With the awesome news from WebOS 2.0 and its "Just Type" feature, I'll incorporate MedDict into Just Type, so you can use it directly from the desktop!

Should be exciting.
    Is there anyway you could make tapping the search entry area highlight the whole word instead of placing the cursor at the end of the word? That way we can just tap and type as opposed to tap and backspace then type. Otherwise I love the app, and it's proven very useful with my studies.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    That's a good idea...

I'll check to see if this is possible, by which I mean... I'll see if I can figure out how to do it.
    GodStyle,

The newest version of MedDict (1.0.1) now highlights the entire textfield word whenever you come to the main page. You don't even have to tap on the textfield box anymore. Just start typing. Hope that's what you wanted!

It's been submitted to the official App Catalog as a free app.

It should be showing up in a few days.

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks yushan! I'm glad you like it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12